Wet 'n' Wild #666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

You can't beat this pencil. I've had one in my collection since I was a kid just starting out with makeup. I honestly bought this just for the number. I'm a Metal chick, what do ya want? lol

Anywhoo this is pretty universal and looks different on everyone. It almost comes off as a raisin color on me. Not quite purple but dark enough to burgundy. It has a bit of shimmer. It's really pretty. For 99 cents it's a steal. I honestly don't use it as often as I used to but I always keep it in my bag for those days where I just need a little something extra on my lips.

on 4/22/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG liner for when I want color on my lips intead of a nude liner. I have been using this since I was in middle school and I still love it. CVS doesn't carry wet n wild anymore as far as I can tell so I'm bummed that I haven't been able to find it. I don't want to but it online because having to pay shipping on a .99 cent liner is silly. Any suggestions where I can score some 666? Anyway, the color is universal and unique... one lippie off because it is a little hard unless it is warm, but small price to pay for great color pay off! I'm pretty sure this is their #1 seling liner so I'm hopeful they won't DC it.

EDIT: I found it in Stop & Shop! The packaging is different and the color looks different in the pencil, but the same when applied. It does seem to be a little creamier and easier to apply though. On another note... wtf is up with CVS not carrying W&W? That just seems wrong on a cosmic level. I took 2 lippies off for packaging because the clear plastic top was so loose and ill fitting that it fell off in my cosmetic bag never to be seen again. I searched and searched, so I ended up having to sacrifice a top from an old eyeliner that I never use.

on 4/11/2010 5:11:00 AM

This lip liner is magic!
Lasts hours, sexy color, ridiculously affordable.... THE BEST!

on 3/28/2010 7:44:00 PM

How can you beat this lip liner, seriously. I love the color, its easy to sharpen, its cheaper than gum! I've used high end lip liners, but this is the one I always go back to. The color is just unmatchable!

on 3/26/2010 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because I've read on here that it was very close to Prescriptives Umber which I heard they were discontinuing. I found that it was not at all close. Umber is cross between a mauve and spice I would say (with just a tiny bit of shimmer). #666, was was too copper on me. I put Umber on one side of my lips and #666 on the other side and #666 looked almost orange compared to it. There is nothing wrong with the actual product - except I prefer self sharpening, I just didn't like the color. Uggh. I'm sooooo upset that they are discontinuing the Prescriptives line. Umber is my HG!!! I've never found anything to compare and sadly I don't think I will. I guess I'll buy as many as I can til they are gone...

on 3/11/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Years ago, I bought this lip liner after reading about it in mags that stated how universally flattering it is and dirt cheap. After trying it out, I concluded they meant universally flattering for fairer complexions. I am NC45/NW40 and I thought it was too light at the time. That's when I preferred darker lip liners. Years later, my tastes changed. I tried it again and can appreciate it more now and put it into rotation. It is pinky brown with an understated amount of shimmer that looks really pretty. One lippie off because the penciI is hard and difficult to apply at times. You have to let it soften up. I don't use it everyday, but it is a perfect basic color to build your look with whether simple but polished or all out glam. Because it's so flexible,I keep it in my purse makeup bag for touchups. It can go with anything. However,the first eyeliner I reach for in the mornings is Jordana's pecan lipliner, which is just a bit darker than WnW's #666.

on 2/25/2010 11:50:00 PM

Considering I only paid a dollar for this product I was expecting much but to my surprise it did a very good job. It isn't exactly like spice from MAC but close enough. It was smooth and long lasting. I will definitely re purchase.

on 12/1/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been buying this over and over for many years. It is fairly close to my natural lip color and goes with the majority of my lipstick colors. It's a great buy.

on 12/1/2009 11:27:00 AM

I've used Wet n Wild #666 for at least 17 years! I find it can blend with just about any color, with the exception of very nude or pink lipsticks. I've bought many other lip liners for much more money and my only other fave is a MAC liner, or a clear lip liner.

on 11/26/2009 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was disappointed with this product because I heard it was a beauty steal at just $1, plus the color Brandywine (#666) was supposed to be "universally flattering." This color is just too brownish-orange for my lips. But hey, it was only $1, so I'm not that upset! I might try another shade in this line one day because it's just so inexpensive. Try Rimmel 1000 Kisses in Wild Clover instead. It gives my lips a naturally flushed look.

Edit: On some days, I find Rimmel 1000 Kisses in Wild Clover slightly too bright, so I mix it with this liner to tone it down a little and make it a little darker.

Popular Lip Liners