April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Lip Liners - Wet 'n' Wild - #666 liner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

Considering I only paid a dollar for this product I was expecting much but to my surprise it did a very good job. It isn't exactly like spice from MAC but close enough. It was smooth and long lasting. I will definitely re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I've been buying this over and over for many years. It is fairly close to my natural lip color and goes with the majority of my lipstick colors. It's a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by tvejsicky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Wet n Wild #666 for at least 17 years! I find it can blend with just about any color, with the exception of very nude or pink lipsticks. I've bought many other lip liners for much more money and my only other fave is a MAC liner, or a clear lip liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was disappointed with this product because I heard it was a beauty steal at just $1, plus the color Brandywine (#666) was supposed to be "universally flattering." This color is just too brownish-orange for my lips. But hey, it was only $1, so I'm not that upset! I might try another shade in this line one day because it's just so inexpensive. Try Rimmel 1000 Kisses in Wild Clover instead. It gives my lips a naturally flushed look.

Edit: On some days, I find Rimmel 1000 Kisses in Wild Clover slightly too bright, so I mix it with this liner to tone it down a little and make it a little darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a MUA friend turn me on to this about 15 years ago. It got me through the 90's. I have read that 666 is the color of MAC's Spice lip pencil before it was allegedly "tweaked". It is one of those "MLBB" shades that looks good with a good bit of my lipstick collection (Let's just say the producers of "Hoarders" would be proud), looks great on it's own or with gloss or lip balm, and it's only a buck or so for crying out loud.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a very light upper lip and I was looking for something that would make my lips match. I bought this because many people raved that this was a MLBB color. But this liner looks garish on me. I would only use this for a formal occasion, and even then I'd smudge it and take off most of it. I can't use this smudged under clear gloss because it's so dark compared to my lips. Also, it makes my lips itch a bit, which I would have ignored if the color fitted me more. The texture is silky, though, so I'll give two lippies for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Gayatri212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a little metallic-y but its nice as a neutral lip-liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I was never into lip liners, but I thought at 99 cents I couldn't go wrong if I didn't like it - LOL! Plus I've seen the recs by makeup artists for this as a universal flatterer so I thought it was worth a go. The color is perfect for me, a shade or two darker than my natural lip tone. I just line my lips with a thick line, smudge the inner part of the line to blend into my lips, and then apply a gloss over that(at the moment L'Oreal's HIP gloss in Coy, which has been d/c, sadly - it was my HG). Easy daytime look, and for night, great under a lipstick and then some gloss on on top of that. Since other reviewers have mentioned the difficulty of finding this color, I'm going to stock up when I do, as I just hate it when something I like just disappears. Since the pencil is long, it lasts a LONG time too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by darkangel81

I have been using this lipliner every since I started wearing makeup. I've read in magazines how this was universally flattering and figured to give it a try. I love the color. It is easy to use a light application for a wash of color and build it up to a nice wine color with a hint of brown. I like that the shade is like a shade darker than my lips, so it is perfect for me. The consistency never bothered me. It is a tad drier than my other lip liners but I love the color.

If you are still not sure to try it, its only 99 cents. It won't kill you or break the bank. You might just like it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour is a close enough dupe ( a bit less pink) for Chanel Nude, which is my HG lip liner.

I've been meaning to find this for several years, and finally scooped it up on a trip to Buffalo today.

I applied it while waiting in line to cross the border, I was so anxious to see if a 99 cent product could replace my ($25?) Chanel.

It cannot. Sadly, though the colour was spot-on, the texture was terrible. Rough, dry, and difficult to apply, even after trying the tricks mentioned in other reviews such as warming up the pencil between my hands. By contrast, the Chanel has stayed moist for five years so far (same liner!) and applies like a dream, even now.

666 was a disappointment. Great colour, and of course great price, but otherwise unsuitable.