Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 7/10/2010 4:28:00 PM

I have bought drugstore mascaras that were much better. I was extremely disappointed. Very, very wet mascara that clumps a lot! I looked like I had "tarantula eyes." I returned this after one use. It costs too much. Messy, wet and caused lashes to stick together. Did not separate for me. I cannot say enough bad things. There is no redeemable quality at all about this product.

on 7/8/2010 4:43:00 AM

LOVE LOVE this mascara! Ok everyone says it clumps, it does if you dont wipe down the brush before using. I wipe all edges of the wand on the round of the bottle, removing as much as i can, apply, thin layer & AMAZING lashes! Long & thick! People are always asking if i have eyelash extensions :)

on 6/29/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Volume? eh sort of.
Length? my lashes are already long so I am not sure
separation? no, twiggy lashes, like the model, not like actual twigs
curl? absolutely, pretty much the best thing about it. it curls my stupid long straight lashes.

this is my absolute FAVORITE mascara ever, i love love love it. alhtough the brush may look weird cause it is stick straight, it tapers at the end so you can coat every lash evenly and perfectly. the color is nice and pigmented and it adds a lot of volume. i dont understand why everyone else says it clumps because i have never had that problem, ever. I just curl and apply one coat, then apply another coat immediatly. just wiggle gently and you wont get any clumps but you will get
1. LONG LONG lashes
2. thick full lashes
3. evenly coated lashes
4. perfectly curled lashes
5. and a dramatic seperated look...plus the smell is faint so it doesnt really bother me

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This mascara clumps wayy to much! It does add volume but theres way too much clumping and that looks bad :|
I got this as a gift so i'm glad, i didn't waste money on it.

on 5/2/2010 9:26:00 AM

This is my No. 1 mascara (and believe me I've tried loads!). Reasons why:-

1. It makes my lashes look really long
2. It coats them brilliantly
3. The more coats the longer my lashes look
4. I buy this for 13 B/N which is pretty reasonable I think
5. No eye irritation
6. No clumps
7. It makes my bottom lashes look that long they look false (ace!)

Just love it .... :o) x

on 4/28/2010 7:49:00 AM

I gave this mascara a really good trial - that is, I used it on several different occasions and every time was the same. Big clumping mess. And I have decent lashes to start with. The skinny brush sucks majorly (I think a plush teddy bear brush would have delivered better results). When you draw the wand out of the tube you can see that there is too much product on the wand so you don't even have a chance unless you tissue off the wand first. Tried again this morning and another fine mess - I just chucked it angrily into the trash bin.

on 4/17/2010 1:55:00 PM

I signed up to this website just to give an honest review for this mascara! I have tried a lot of mascaras and came across this one by chance. It now happens to be my favourite mascara by a long shot and I'm really surprised by the low ratings on this site! I have medium length dark lashes and find that this it is great for lengthening and separating both my upper and lower lashes. I've actually stopped using my eyelash curlers because I find this mascara gives great height and definition. This would be definately be right up there with the best of them!!

on 4/15/2010 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've tried this product three times (twice in black and once in purple/plum) and have received the same results. I've got stick-straight, not-too-long & not-too-short eyelashes. This mascara worked great the first time I applied it. It gave me dewy-looking, dark, volumized, and lengthened lashes.....but after that.....it went kaput! CLUMPS galore! An added negative is that this formula made my EYES RED after a few hours (anywhere from 2-5 hours after application). It might be because I wear contacts...or I just have really sensitive eyes, but either way, no eye drops in the world could fix it! And because of that, I won't be re-purchasing. It's a shame too. I might be able to deal with the clumps because I now have a great lash comb.....but I'm just not a fan of the red eyes. =(

on 3/10/2010 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

-clumps like crazy
-great for layering over another mascara for volume