October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Spite lipglass

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by lobiroxy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't fully appreciate this lipglass until I got a tan. For me it turned my medium-pigmented lips in the most perfect YLBB look without any clubby sparkle or glitter. Absolutely perfect for my summer face. I lost it, replaced it and was thrilled to find it in my car after my purse took a tumble. Even happier to now have a "back-up"!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by JAmy590

I love this lipglass- it is a perfect nude glossy color. Have repurchased several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by tacala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm MMM - med. olive skin and Spite is absolutely perfect on me. it does initially go on with that "dead" look but after blending, it turns into a neutral brown/cocoa shade on me that makes my lips look very plump. love the consistency and fragrance and it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mzsassy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are in the NC45 range, this color, along with Chai, is a MUST have. This is one of my first and favority l/g shades. It's completely wearable if you have the right yellow undertones in your skin. On me, this is a perfect nude. It's neutral, but not TOO neutral...if that makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by brazenberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MAC please do not discontiue my staple color. I wear this color almost everyday. Definitely not a color for every skintone. I find that very few people can pull of this color. It's an almost pale opaque muted taupe pinky brown. Sort of like clarity with more brown. It will give you that "dead" look if you can't pull this off. But I will simply fall over and die if MAC ever discontinues this. I LOVE this color. It's my favorite lipglass to date. And finally, a color with NO shimmer!

C40 - GGG

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2005 2:27:00 PM More reviews by melsc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i tried on this color at an mac store and i didn't like they way it looked on me. i found it way too sheer, non shiny and too light for my dark skin.it felt more like a lipstick than a lip gloss i prefer the shock-o-late

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if I am trying Spite for the 1st (or the second) time. There were a bunch of MAC lipglass colors that I really hated when I first started buying them, and ended up returning them. This may have been one of them. That is, until I finally realized that there is an ART to applying some of these colors. Certain colors (like Chai and Spite) look better over a lipstick. Other lipglasses may look their best layered over another lipgloss. You kind of just have to play around and combine to see what works for you. Now, in terms of what this particular color looks like: it is a sheer, mauvey brown color. It *can be* somewhat opaque (like Lust), if it's applied too heavily, but thankfully it's not as orangey as Lust. No matter what I tried to do, I could never get Lust to look halfway decent on me, so I have to say that in comparison I do like Spite best. I also see the grayishness some people mentioned, but I only see it in the tube. It is not quite as obvious on my pigmented lips. I have found that this lipglass works pretty well over Tease Me lipstick since it's along the same color lines. Not sure if I like it enough to repurchase, but it works for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by cadela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A color that scares me from the way it looks in the tube, but it is actually quite sheer when applied. It makes my lips kind of dark at first but I don't know why, after a while, it just becomes a very natural MLBB gloss! I love to pair this with Little VI for a sophisicated mod look. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Mani_80

Greyish and made my lips looked too corpse for an Asian NC20!!! This should look way more better on someone who's fair with no yellowish undertone!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 12:14:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! I went into a MAC store and saw a lipglass display (as opposed to a mac counter where all the lipglasses were in glass cups)...I say this because, My eye was drawn to this color spite...No sparkles, brownish-mauvish. As someone else mentioned it's a Lust-like YLBB color which leans more to the brown side rather than the pink. I find that I can just apply and go with this where as with Lust I have to look in the mirror to make sure the pink doesn't look to gloopy. The brown in Spite seems to melt into my lips for a flawlessly glossy look.