December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Diamancel - The Tough Buffer #11

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Mazarene1

I've ticked that I'd buy this product again, but I don't think that will be an issue as it will probably last longer than me. This is so much more effective than my last file (from Space NK). £39 is nothing, compared to what I will save on pedicures.
Just an update, two weeks on, my heels are perfect. Regular pedicures never achieved that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 6:45:00 PM More reviews by kbb2008

THIS. IS. BRILLIANT. I am a believer. I will never use another foot file again. Let me be clear. It's not that you can't get the same results from another foot file as you can from Diamancel -- you surely can, especially with regular maintenance. But you can't get them this FAST! Literally one minute on my dry feet was all it took with this file. At one minute with my old Origins file, I'd still be running water for a soak to soften my feet up enough that the file would even do ANYTHING. LOL. If you want baby soft feet in virtually no time, this is the file for you. If you don't mind elbow grease and a little time investment, then stick with the cheapies. For me, this is way worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 5:45:00 AM More reviews by adams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made to last a lifetime.

In the long run, much better than buying multiple not so effective callous removers.

I used hand sanitizer gel to quickly sanitize after washing in the sink (I had gotten a case of athelete's foot from the gym)

Really works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lianne9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!! My feet feel so smooth. I couldn't believe the amount of skin flaking off, it's like it was snowing.

All my other buffers, shavers, rasps, etc are now in the garbage...I'm using nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 6:05:00 PM More reviews by rosieny

First buy this at Drugstore.com because you'll get free shipping and won't have to pay tax - it's an expensive tool! Second buy it!! This completely removes rough spots on your feet, just lightly move it back and forth. Don't apply too much pressure or you'll end up with a cut.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2005 8:40:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I got my Diamancel #11 "Tough Buffer" foot file ($48USD) yesterday and a couple of weeks earlier I bought what I hoped would be a 'reasonable facsimile' called the "Luxor Professional Diamond Pedicure Wand #9731" ($7.99USD) at "The Beauty Store" here in Austin. Well, last night I finally put both of them to use on my nasty, calloused heels in a head-to-head test of performance and endurance and I found myself exclaiming: "Great Hopping Fleas!!!" The last time my feet were this smooth and baby soft had to be when I was back in the cradle before I ever learned to walk! This is just the most amazing, astonishing thing. My boyfriend nearly jumped out of his skin when I got into bed last night and casually skimmed one of my feet down the back of his calf -- he thought someone else had crawled into the sack with him!! *LOL* When he realized it was me, he couldn't stop touching my feet (note to self: investigate if BF is a closet foot-fetishist...) and -- to be brutally honest -- neither could I! All day today, I've found myself slipping off my sandals and rubbing my feet together just to savor the sensation which no longer sounds or feels like rubbing sandpaper together!!! The good news is that the $48USD Diamancel #11 foot file is every bit as good as everyone here and on the EDS messageboard has said it was. It only took me about ten minutes to buff away the 36 years of stubborn callous on my left foot.

The bad news is that I used the $7.99USD Luxor Diamond Pedi Wand to buff away the 36-year old callous on my right foot and it performed every bit as admirably as its high-dollar counterpart (the filing surfaces on both wands look and feel almost exactly the same)!! In fact, the el cheapo wand might even have the advantage because it's dual-sided with a coarse file on one side and a finer file on the other to do "detail" work (you've got to buy a *separate* Diamancel file for that).

So what does this mean to me? Well, I've already shelled out the money for the Diamancel so I'm going to keep it (we've already 'bonded'!), but I'm going to give the Luxor Diamond Pedi Wand to my mom, who's foot callouses are even older than mine!!

In conclusion...for those of you who can't quite bring yourselves to shell out nearly fifty bucks for a top-of-the-line foot file, I can highly recommend you try the "generic" version (follow this link to see it: http://www.folica.com/LuXor_Diamond_P_d1315.html). Hope this helps some of you undecideds who are still sitting on the fence about this one!! Whichever one you decide to get, your feet will thank you for it....

UPDATE 04/01/05 - I'm still totally in love with my "new" feet. At the beginning of spring last year, I went for my first professional pedicure in years (I wanted to see how she did the 'french pedicure,' as it was all the rage, then I bought the products and did my own frenchies for the rest of the summer) and I loved the way my feet felt after the chick used the OPI Pedicure "Soften" lotion on me (of course, soaking in the foot bath played a significant part in its effectiveness) so I bought a tube, thinking I could get the same results/feeling by using it at home. No dice...until I used after I diamond-filed all the callouses off my heels then applied the OPI pedi lotion. Great Jumpin' Johosaphat -- if I don't watch out, *I'm* going to be the one with a foot fetish...anyway, if you want 'born-again' feet, you need to either get the Diamancel or the Luxor foot file. I promise, it'll be the best money you ever spent!!

FYI - when I went to the Beauty Store yesterday to buy a Luxor Diamond Pedicure Wand for a friend in Oz, they were completely sold out (somebody must’ve read my head-to-head comparison/review and made a bee-line for the store)!! But I found *yet another* diamond foot file that looks identical in every way to my Luxor Pedi-wand except the handle on my Luxor is black and the handle on my friend's “Ms. Manicure Diamond Dust Pedicure Wand” is purple...the “Ms. Manicure” version was even $2USD cheaper than my Luxor!! Anyway, I bought the very last “Ms. Manicure” diamond pedi-wand that they had in that particular store, but I wanted to let the rest of you know, in case you’re not able to locate a Luxor near you....

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

expensive, but definitely worth it. gets all of the dry and dead skin on heels and soles, and gets it fast! works much more quickly and efficiently than any other buffer i've tried. sleek, easy to clean, and stores easily. recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2004 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Suekay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonder tool for getting the dry rough skin off your feet. I agree with the previous reviewer who said to go easy though. I was a little bit vigorous and rubbed off some of my good skin! It's a great product though and worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by LoZo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worth every penny! Go easy because you can really buff away some skin that doesn't need to go. You will keep your feet in great shape year round!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by marinablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worth every single penny. Working retail and waitressing takes a big tole on the feet and I had to use this nightly for about 2 weeks to get my tootsies back in good soft shape again but I am thankful to MUA for recommending this. Don't use on wet feet, don't go crazy taking off all the skin and do this before bed followed by lotion. I will never be without mine and can wear sandals and slip ons again without feeling like a bag lady.