Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 4/10/2009 7:51:00 AM

It's the tool in my makeup box that my boyfriend fears the most, even more so than my eyelash curler. When I first showed it to him he didn't even know what it was for, and when I said I'd demonstrate its deadly precision on his face, he backed away with fear in his eyes, thinking that I'd gouge out his eyes with it.

But after he's seen what it can do with blackheads and pimples, he's eager for me to perform extraction on him any time, even if he's still a bit scared of the glint in my eyes every time I wield this glorious tool.

on 4/8/2009 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

this is my HG tool because i have an epidemic of blackheads on my nose and i could never get rid of them.. i knew it was bad when my bf and i were cuddling face to face and he said he loved my "freckles" on my nose... i dont have any freckles!!!! =(

on the way home from his house i went to walgreens and picked this up and i dont know how i lived without it!!! its strangely satisfying to see all that nasty goo come out of my pores and i have some weird sense of pride when a really hard little ball of god knows what comes bursting from my pores and i am able to pull it out with tweezers and there is an empty pore left behind (im sick i know lol)

i def recomend cleaning this with rubbing alcohol or astringent before and after each use (no sense putting all the germies back in ur pores that u removed last time)

my process for getting rid of 95% of the blackheads on my nose (some need to be coaxed out by a professional)

1. hot shower to steam those suckers out
2. get right up in my magnifying mirror (sexy i know) with a light
3. apply gentle but constant pressure to the blackheads i see
4. after i get out as many as i can i apply queen helene mint julep mask to my nose, let it harden and see what that brings to the surface
5. wash off the mask and see if i can get any more out
6. when i am done/ cant get anything out of my pores i wash with gentle soap and then apply those strong stridex or clearsil pads to my nose

this thing pays for itself after 1 use and since its able to be disinfected u dont have to throw it out (i recomend soaking it in disinfectant)

*knock on wood* i havent had any freckles lately lol

on 4/5/2009 5:05:00 PM

I love this product. At first when I purchased this I thought it was not working since none of the blackheads were coming out! However, after reading some of the oh so helpful reviews on MUA I finally took a nice longggg bath to loosen up those pores! It worked wonders! I will def buy this again if this one breaks or for whatever other reason!

on 3/10/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know how I went so long without this magical little tool. I've had blackheads all over my nose ever since I hit puberty. I was always self-conscious about all these nasty dirt specks and I tried everything to get rid of them... pore scrubs, face steaming, pore strips, masks, special blackhead cleansers, etc. I've come to realize that manual extraction (along with a regular application of a BHA solution -- I love Paula's Choice!) is pretty much the only way to get the gunk out of your pores. After reading all these disgustingly wonderful reviews on MUA, I bought my own extractor on eBay for about $8. I'm gonna jump on the nasty bandwagon here and say that I can't explain the satisfaction I get from watching a blackhead plug rise to the surface of my skin, leaving a clean, empty pore! As many others have said here, extracting after a nice hot shower is best, as the heat and moisture helps dislodge the gunk. Maneuvering and pressing the tool takes some getting used to, and it does leave your skin a little red afterward, but it is definitely much healthier, much more effective, (and cleaner) to extract your blackheads with this nifty tool than to go ahead and squeeze with your fingernails. My nose hasn't looked this spotless in a long time. Always remember to sterilize the tool before/after each use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i LOOOOOVE this product! i just pressed it into my nose after a long, hot, steamy shower and all my blackheads literally popped out. it was gross, but amazing. i used the other side (the one with the thin loop) on teensy hard spots on my forehead that have been there for EVER, and they popped out like a dream! they looked just like small comedones. i recommend this product to everyone! i used to try to squeeze my nose and the spots on my forehead, only to have to endure a week of having a scar in the place where i squeezed D=. go buy this everyone! you can get it at rite-aid for $5 and it's the same exact thing as the tweezerman one.

on 2/1/2009 7:46:00 PM

Bought this after reading the reviews. I had some trouble using it at first, but after some practice it was easy to extract the gunk out of my pores, including the small bumps. I found using this works best by placing the flat side's hole over the pimple and applying gentle steady pressure while moving the loop over the pimple and at the very end of the hole before the pimple hits the edge of the loop using a scooping motion. It is definitely more effective on the small bumps than trying to use my fingers, but not sure about larger bumps. I had a couple that probably weren't ready or didn't have an escape hole or something because after trying to use the extractor on them they swelled up and looked like a mosquito bite. Also my skin was still slightly red the next day (I extracted at bedtime). But using this only 3 times so far (not daily) and using an AHA every night has kept those small and large bumps at bay. It's been said that extracting after a hot shower is best, but I just can't bring myself to do it during the day or after my skin is already clean (to extract stuff out onto the clean surface). I haven't noticed my pores looking any bigger or smaller. I have the smaller No Slip tool, I got it for $7.49.
continued >>

on 1/19/2009 9:36:00 PM

This product works well and does exactly what it's supposed to do. Long term usage will enlarge pores. Extract at bedtime, as it does inflame your skin and makes it more difficult to put makeup over.

on 12/30/2008 5:29:00 PM

This is the best comedone extractor, period. It's available at most chain drugstores, and there's simply no reason to purchase any other brand. For those of you who are not seeing results, you might want to try extractions after a steamy hot shower, or try a gentle, warm compress in the area where you will be performing the extraction.

on 12/7/2008 11:31:00 PM

Tweezermans... I love the cuticle/nail clippers, cuticle pusher, TWEEZERS, and now this? What can't you do wrong? As OP said, be gentle, it does leave marks if you push too hard. Be gentle and lots of practice and this tool will be your best friend! Worth it's weight in gold!

on 11/14/2008 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I first saw and used this as a teen. My mom had it in the bathroom. I had no idea what it was and then, I finally learned what it did and what a blackhead was...gross! I was addicted to cleaning my pores ever since. Yes, it does cause some scarring but that is because you pushed too hard or scraped your skin while using it. So, you should soften your skin before using this.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools