Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.3

on 3/10/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know how I went so long without this magical little tool. I've had blackheads all over my nose ever since I hit puberty. I was always self-conscious about all these nasty dirt specks and I tried everything to get rid of them... pore scrubs, face steaming, pore strips, masks, special blackhead cleansers, etc. I've come to realize that manual extraction (along with a regular application of a BHA solution -- I love Paula's Choice!) is pretty much the only way to get the gunk out of your pores. After reading all these disgustingly wonderful reviews on MUA, I bought my own extractor on eBay for about $8. I'm gonna jump on the nasty bandwagon here and say that I can't explain the satisfaction I get from watching a blackhead plug rise to the surface of my skin, leaving a clean, empty pore! As many others have said here, extracting after a nice hot shower is best, as the heat and moisture helps dislodge the gunk. Maneuvering and pressing the tool takes some getting used to, and it does leave your skin a little red afterward, but it is definitely much healthier, much more effective, (and cleaner) to extract your blackheads with this nifty tool than to go ahead and squeeze with your fingernails. My nose hasn't looked this spotless in a long time. Always remember to sterilize the tool before/after each use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i LOOOOOVE this product! i just pressed it into my nose after a long, hot, steamy shower and all my blackheads literally popped out. it was gross, but amazing. i used the other side (the one with the thin loop) on teensy hard spots on my forehead that have been there for EVER, and they popped out like a dream! they looked just like small comedones. i recommend this product to everyone! i used to try to squeeze my nose and the spots on my forehead, only to have to endure a week of having a scar in the place where i squeezed D=. go buy this everyone! you can get it at rite-aid for $5 and it's the same exact thing as the tweezerman one.

on 2/1/2009 7:46:00 PM

Bought this after reading the reviews. I had some trouble using it at first, but after some practice it was easy to extract the gunk out of my pores, including the small bumps. I found using this works best by placing the flat side's hole over the pimple and applying gentle steady pressure while moving the loop over the pimple and at the very end of the hole before the pimple hits the edge of the loop using a scooping motion. It is definitely more effective on the small bumps than trying to use my fingers, but not sure about larger bumps. I had a couple that probably weren't ready or didn't have an escape hole or something because after trying to use the extractor on them they swelled up and looked like a mosquito bite. Also my skin was still slightly red the next day (I extracted at bedtime). But using this only 3 times so far (not daily) and using an AHA every night has kept those small and large bumps at bay. It's been said that extracting after a hot shower is best, but I just can't bring myself to do it during the day or after my skin is already clean (to extract stuff out onto the clean surface). I haven't noticed my pores looking any bigger or smaller. I have the smaller No Slip tool, I got it for $7.49.
continued >>

on 1/19/2009 9:36:00 PM

This product works well and does exactly what it's supposed to do. Long term usage will enlarge pores. Extract at bedtime, as it does inflame your skin and makes it more difficult to put makeup over.

on 12/30/2008 5:29:00 PM

This is the best comedone extractor, period. It's available at most chain drugstores, and there's simply no reason to purchase any other brand. For those of you who are not seeing results, you might want to try extractions after a steamy hot shower, or try a gentle, warm compress in the area where you will be performing the extraction.

on 12/7/2008 11:31:00 PM

Tweezermans... I love the cuticle/nail clippers, cuticle pusher, TWEEZERS, and now this? What can't you do wrong? As OP said, be gentle, it does leave marks if you push too hard. Be gentle and lots of practice and this tool will be your best friend! Worth it's weight in gold!

on 11/14/2008 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I first saw and used this as a teen. My mom had it in the bathroom. I had no idea what it was and then, I finally learned what it did and what a blackhead was...gross! I was addicted to cleaning my pores ever since. Yes, it does cause some scarring but that is because you pushed too hard or scraped your skin while using it. So, you should soften your skin before using this.

on 11/11/2008 1:33:00 AM

After reading the reviews and being oddly intrigued, I had to go out and buy an extractor. I have huge, horribly clogged pores on my nose (read: blackheads) that never go away (thanks, mom and dad). At first, I couldn't seem to be able to use the darn thing: I followed everyone's directions, but just couldn't hardly get out any gook. After much practice, I finally found a technique that works and man alive, does it ever! As someone else stated, there's nothing like putting on your makeup the next day while admiring your newly emptied-out and tiny pores. Haven't done any extracting for a while, and I know my pores are just begging to be purged...I think I'll go scrub my face and get to work right now ;)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect to remove those annoying blackheads that aren't removed with washing your face! I had no trouble using this at all. Be gentle, though! It works best then. It was about $10. I don't see a reason this would ever break.. and it's not like makeup that'll run out.. I guess if I lost it then that's the only reason I'd have to be rebuying it.. but I would if I knew I had lost it for good!

on 8/31/2008 2:32:00 AM

Alright so this was my first attempt at this product which based on reviews here i thought would be amazing....and it did nothing. I think once black head came up. I wanted mostly to use it on these little white heads near my nose/cheeks that I'm concerned may turn into pimples if I let them zit there...didn't extract a single one. I did however give some indentations on my face from trying! Maybe I'm using it wrong, maybe my pores are too small, I don't know so I'm giving it the benfiet of doubt becuase if it works for some women, great! Just didn't work for me :( I'm mostly disapointed by the price, 9 bucks was waaaaaaay too much. Should be more like 3 or something.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools