December 20, 2014 | 890 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to try this "hyped" lip balm and I just finished the little jar. This lip balm is yellow colored and has a thicker consistency so it needs to be rubbed in to the lips. It smells like orange candy not a scent I would have expected but I did liked it. For me this did not live up to the hype, because I did not noticed any improvement and I only liked it when my lips where in a good condition already and I used it underneath a lipstick. On dry flaky lips this just felt grainy and I had a feeling my lips where even dryer after it sinked in. I would not repurchase it again because it did not do much for me and I find the jar really inconvenient!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a lip balm freak and this gets top marks from me so that's saying a lot. First up this lip balm works. It's thick and adheres well to the lips long term thus rendering them soft and moisturised unlike other lip balms which feel great at first and then slide off too soon. This is thick but doesn't ever feel gloopy or waxy and leaves a nice matte effect and great base for other lip products. The honey smell is out of this world good! I love that this is in a heavy little frosted pot as it makes it feel like the Luxe product it is. The ingredients list is impressive and contains honey, plant oils, Shea butter & grapefruit essence among other nourishing things. I also love the honey colour of this, I feel like I'm dipping into a little pot of pure creamed honey :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW!
My new favourite lip balm. Moisturizes well, the smell is amazing (a mix of something creamy and something citrus) and the packaging with the glass jar is beautiful.

I love especially the way it feels super thick when I apply it on my lips but when I look at the mirror, I can´t even see whether I have something on my lips or not. It´s a bit matte, so my lips aren´t glossy even when I put on a lot of this balm.
It doesn´t leave a white residue on my lips, which is what most of the moisturizing lip balms do. It´s not too oily, so you can easily put on lipstick.

The only downside is the quite high price (14 euros for a lip balm is quite much I think) and I´m not sure how long it lasts. Still, will surely and happily be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yep, not much to add to all the rave reviews. This is indeed HG material. It is pricy, but you'll love the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pickles945

I love this product! I use it every evening as a lip conditioning treatment and it's wonderful. It delivers on moisture, and the smell is lovely - honey without being too sickeningly sweet; the texture of the balm is thick and waxy, but not slippery at all which is why this balm's finish is matte. I also wear this balm as a moisturising base under lipstick - the balm fills out the lines and crevices of the lips, whilst providing a good base for the lippie to grip onto.

For this price point, the product is great, the packaging is amazing, and it lasts forever! I have had mine for over a year now and I'm no where near the bottom of the pot. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Paris over the summer and it is THE holy grail lip balm. I've tried many and I still love my Smith's Rosebud Salve but this lip balm is just beyond. Firstly, it's a matte lip balm meaning it's not glossy and you don't look like you're wearing anything. So it's something for everyone. The scent is of honey and lemon, like the Strepsils and the texture is like a waxy butter (if that makes sense?). The real selling point, I think is it's lasting power and value for money. I got mine at around 4euros at City Pharma but when I was in Ireland they were selling them at 11 euros! Still, I find it might be worth even 11 euros because mine has lasted the whole year and I only spent 4 euros!! Better than those Baby Lip things that you have to keep on re-applying all day and repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This here is not a hype. At last a lip balm that delivers lasting moisture with a single application. It costs way less than my other trials (Sisley, La mer, Bobby Brown) but it shows superior results. If nothing else has worked, then this might just be the remedy for you. Its my third day of usage, and I'm already heading back to the store so I can grab a few more jars for my family and friends. A big thanks to Nuxe for this treasure, and to all MUA reviewers for the share. Happy to finally part ways with cracked lips.

Just to note that I tested this product under hot, arid sub-Saharan temperature, with frequent exposure to air con. Recommends!

Edited on 8th Mar 2014: Taken off 1 point, since the efficacy of the product has reduced remarkably over several weeks of daily usage. Back to peeling lips. Sigh. This balm seems to work for my lips when interchanged with other products, therefore for optimal lip hydration care I also use Decleor Rose orient balm (I'm equally surprised) and Dr Robert Rey's Lip Correct.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Flurby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute favourite product! I have tried pretty much EVERY other brand of lip balms out there, and although many are pretty good, nothing comes close to this. I have always had really dry lips and I am in constant need of a balm. It's a bit expensive, and since it comes in a jar I don't take it with me outside the house (the tube version is not as good), so I mostly put this on before going to bed, and there is still residue the morning after. I'm on my 4th jar now, and will probably keep buying this for a very long time. The hunt is over, I've found what I've been searching for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by anonymousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a confessed lip balm addict, there is no such thing as too much when it comes to money I'll pay for product. I've tried almost everything imaginable - La Mer, Revive, to Smith's Rosebud Salve (I love the mint one under gloss). So imagine how I felt when none of my lipbalms could help my lips this winter. Thanks to MUA, I purchased this interesting balm and healed my lips. For those of you with lips flakier than my ex-boyfriend, I suggest you try this balm.

Pros:
- thick, heavy balm
- left on as an overnight treatment will plump up your lips
- nice non-offensive scent of citrus
- matte finish (this is both a pro and con bc sometimes it makes me feel like my lips are dry due to the finish but it increases lipstick wear)

Cons:
- could only find online (Amazon)
- heavy glass tub is not the most portable
- grainy feeling initially
- seems expensive for what it is

Verdict:
- will repurchase, if only for use as a nighttime treatment

This was great under Elta MD Intense as a nighttime lip treatment. Lifesaver if you're in heavy cold weather conditions.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by frauleinzoe

The Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm is terribly nice. I apply it twice a day, once before bed, and I wake up with a plump rosebud pout. It has a lovely consistency - thick and slightly grainy when you first apply it, however it sinks in after a few moments leaving your lips moisturised. The Rêve de Miel lip balm also has a matte finish, which I particularly like (I think glossy lip products are horrible). I have bee-stung lips, which look terrible when they're cracked, raw, and peeling. This lip balm though, quite surprisingly, resolved all the problems I was experiencing overnight.