Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 10/8/2014 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I will never be without this product again, it's that good.

I used to have the most dry, chapped lips you can imagine. I actually couldn't wear lipstick of any kind on its own, I would always have to layer with a gloss over the top to reduce the patchiness that any lipstick would emphasise.

The price is more than I have ever paid for a lip balm. But on the plus side the pot is full to the brim, and once you feel the texture of this product you'll realise just how little you need to use. It's very thick and waxy feeling, and spreads less easily over the lips than traditional, more emollient lip balms do.

I use this during the day (VERY sparingly) occasionally. But for me where this product really shines is as an overnight lip treatment. I put a liberal amount on right before I go to bed and I wake up with smooth, baby soft lips that I can wear any lipstick I want on. As a side note I also exfoliate my lips about once a week gently with a soft toothbrush and I always use this straight afterwards.

I'm going to buy a few more pots to stock up and continue to use this and enjoy being able to start a nice lipstick collection!

on 10/1/2014 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely iffy about purchasing this because $20+ for a lip balm? Why on earth would I do that?! I was seriously judging myself as I put it in my basket at Target. My French friend raves about it all of the time so I caved and I'm actually glad that I did.
I have tried many lip balms and none of them are very hydrating; my lips feel dry within an hour. The hydration with this lip balm stays for hours.
It is a very odd consistency, in my opinion. I can't even describe it. It's much tackier than regular lip balm and it's a little weird to apply. I was a little concerned at first, but I actually quite prefer it now that I've seen the results. The most recent lip balm I used prior to this was Lush's Lip service, which came in a little tin and it nowhere near hydrates as well or for as long. It was almost $8 and I -think- there is less product (don't quote me on that), so I do think the Nuxe lip balm is worth it. I take forever to go through lip balm so I think that I will have this for probably 6 months to a year at least.
It makes your lips look really nice too without using any product over top. I usually use this as an overnight treatment, because I don't really use lip balm throughout the day to avoid making my lips dependent on a constant layer of lip balm!

on 9/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The best lip balm I have ever used! Perfect base under lipsticks. Love the smell. My lips are so plump and hydrated. You can get this on Ebay for under $15.

on 9/22/2014 9:17:00 AM

It's.... ok. It's VERY thick which makes it a bit of a pain to apply, not creamy at all, but quite hydrating. I use it like an overnight lip mask but I think it would be a pain to apply through the day on the go. Also, not a fan of the pot packaging as it's not very hygienic.

Overall, I don't regret buying it but wouldn't repurchase considering it's also the most expensive lip balm I've ever bought!

on 9/19/2014 3:48:00 AM

Just don't see what all the hype is about. I was really looking forward to trying this lip balm, but felt absolutely no difference when using it. In fact, a $2 Cocoa Butter Stick works a lot better on my lips. Would not repurchase.

on 9/13/2014 12:31:00 PM

I was excited to try this product, due to the rave reviews and because I suffer from chaped lips quite often. It has a beeswaxy consistency, which feels unpleasantly thick and grainy on the lips, and it leaves a matte finish which I also dislike. However it would be worthwhile if the product itself did what it promised. But nope. Although it doesn't make my lips worse (L'Occitane), it doesn't make them better either. It is really just a very average, overpriced product sold with a lot of hype. I get better results with Blistex (the version in the pot) and Eucerin. I would not buy this again.

on 9/12/2014 10:41:00 AM

love, love, love. I've purchased this three times, and considering each pot lasts a LONG time, that's saying something about how much I love it. thick but not sticky, you only need a little bit and it nourishes your lips for a very long time. It has a lightly grainy texture due to the crystallized honey, but it does melt quickly and the little bit of grainy feeling is gone right away. Honey has been used as a healing ointment for a long time, in fact it's supposed to be good for healing cuts and burns. All I can vouch for is that this is a miracle worker on dry lips in the winter, or all year round. My boyfriend even loves it. NOTE: I've purchased the stick/tube form and it is NOT the same formula. I don't like the stick at all, it's thin and doesn't soak in.

on 8/22/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had several cheapy lip balms and I thought they did the job until I tried this gem. I thought it was very expensive in the beginning and waited for it to go on sale and I picked it up for 12.50 AUD which I think is still cheap for the amount of product you get. The very first time I used it, I felt it was very thick and is not easy to apply. However, I kept using it for 3 days straight and my lips are the smoothest they have ever been. Since using this, my lips have never been chapped and it is peak winter here in Australia. Love this stuff, this is a be all end all lip balm for me. I'm throwing out all my other lip balms expect one that has some good SPF, so I can use it in summer. Also, it's better then the famous paw paw ointment. Also, I don't like my lips to be glossy and wear matte lipsticks all the time, so this is the best base to you and because it doesn't have that sleek slippery feel, you get the best pigment from you lipstick. I'm glad I purchased this, I will definitely buy it if again when I run out.

on 8/22/2014 1:11:00 AM

LOVE this balm. Like most people, I've tried a lot of lip balms before, and this is by far the best. I apply a thick layer twice a day (before bed and before I head out for the day) and that's enough that I rarely feel my lips getting dry during the day. It smells absolutely divine and I love the matte texture. Yes it's expensive, but I've had mine for half a year and have only used about 1/3 of the pot, so I think it's worth it.

on 8/12/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this lip balm when I first got it and used it every morning and evening, with great results for my lips. I loved it so much, I bought it as gifts to friends.

But overtime, I believe this triggered a new beeswax allergy for me. I can no longer use the product without my lips drying out, and now I can no longer use any beeswax lip balms. Bummer

Popular Lip Treatments