November 27, 2014 | 1461 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Kevyn Aucoin - Eyelash Curler

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Kevyn's products but this really is crap...at least for me. It didn't fit my eye shape and only crimped my lashes. The pad would also not stay in place.

I am sticking with my Revlon curler which is 100 times better and much more cost effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by verityhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This eyelasher curler is nearly identical to my Revlon one (silver with a white pad - I think it's the Professional for about $4). I compared them very carefully and the KA one isn't any wider or curvier - same shape. The pad in my Revlon is stiffer than the silicone KA one, but I actually found this gave a curvier curve to the right-angle one the soft KA silicone produced. I used one for each eye and both hold the curl about the same (no mascara)!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by JackieN

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it seems to work for others, but this was the worst eyelash curler I've ever had. The finger grips are awkward and the red rubber pad is so firm that my lashes will barely curl. It takes me way too much effort/time to use this curler. I'll see if I can take it back to Neiman Marcus and exchange it for a Shu Uemura. I had that previously & loved it. The only reason I bought a Kevin Aucoin one this time was b/c it was in a beauty magazine, I can't remember which one though. Allure?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2005 4:47:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OUCH!
I know that I am in the minority here but I feel that I still must give my review.
I have rather small, almond shaped eyes and all this curler did was pinch my skin.
I am returning it to Neiman Marcus.
I really wish that it had worked for me.
I much prefer the Shu Umera lash curler for my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2005 7:13:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I think the best indicator of a good eyelash curler is its shape in relationship to the shape of an eyelid. For me with large Asian eyes and long lashes, Kevyn's curler is wonderful. I like the little red pad, the color is useless to me but a nice touch anyway. I still don't get the little lashes in the corners but it's the best I've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Ann523

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's like the shu curler kicked up a notch. I love that the rubber piece is red because you can see your lashes much easier leading to fewer painful accidents

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BookishBlondesUnite

The secret is the round rubber pad...durable like I have rarely seen. Finally, my lashes can curl up enough to blend in with false lashes. Comfy enough to curl same lashes multiple times up the length of the lash.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by incoehoots

This really works great! I have tried alot of curlers and this one is the best. It works best on the first pad though. I had to use the replacement pad and it only worked really good for awhile (does this happen to anyone else but me?). Anyway I have bought two revlons and spent about $12, when I should have bought another of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 3:00:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since my Shiseido eye lash curler was getting worn out, I thought I would try something different. Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler (made in Japan) uses a red padding with round edges which makes it much easier to see your lashes! Also it came with 1 replacement red pad as well.

It probably takes me about 2 pumps to curl them & feels just like the Shiseido kind. Works great since I have short eyelashes.

Purchased it online at drugstore.com for ~$18.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by peachy51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far this is the ONLY curler that will curl my lashes. I have used a Mabelline curler for 40 years and all of a sudden, about 3 years ago, my lashes decided to be stubborn about the curl and since then I have tried many, many curlers. This is the only curler that will do the trick. It fits perfectly on one of my eyes and is a little shallow on the curve for the other eye, but still works. I will say that I can still get a good curl with any curler if I heat it with the hair dryer, but I don't always want to take the time to do that and this one does it without the heat.

I have to chuckle at all the reviewers who are poo-pooing the price. How much do you spend on mascara that runs out and you have to replace over and over? (I'm spending more on one tube of mascara than this curler costs.) You can use the same curler for years and years. I didn't think the price was too much to have something that does the job right the first time.