Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 7/17/2013 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This makes my face so greasy!!!! I hate it. Luckily it was only a waste of 5 bucks. I don't understand how they say this is for oil control my face is practically melting off an hour after I apply it. Coverage sucks, smells, doesn't control oil...complete waste do not buy

on 6/21/2013 6:19:00 PM

I did not like this foundation. I choose many colors and every time I used a color it was wrong. The colors were either extremely pink or orange. My mother even commented one day that my face looked orange. Never again will I buy a Cover Girl foundation. I will buy any other product as long as it is not a foundation. Even the pressed powder by Cover Girl is awful.

on 6/21/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am inclined to review a product if I've had an extraordinary experience, either good or bad, or when a product's ratings are all across the board. I had not used CG Clean Oil Control makeup since I was in junior high school for Halloween. It has not changed much at all since then. It has the same smell (slightly medicinal) and packaging; they even still have my shade.

As an adult I have come to terms with needing more when it comes to makeup. I cannot get away with slapping tinted moisturizer on and running out of the house. Not many foundations feel as good as this does on my skin and last as long. I DO NOT use this to cover my entire face. I am not to that point yet. I only apply to my t-zone, especially on the sides of nose to help with shine and minimize my pores and this works great for that. I apply a little at a time and blend quickly. As others have mentioned, this stuff sinks in fast. If I find I need a little more coverage, I go back over and add a little more. Most times I only use a small dab and blend it outward.

The match to my skin tone is great and once it's on, it's on! I agree the packaging could be better, perhaps a pump on the bottle or even putting it in a tube, but for the price and results, I can't complain. I guess this is just another of those love it or hate it products...

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i like this, and i love the price. i paid $5.34 for this at Walmart. (It was $8.99 at the local rite aid.) i HATE the packaging. i don't like foundation bottles without a pump-- pain the butt to get the product out. This is very light coverage. Light weight. I needed 3 layers to get the desired coverage that I like for everyday use. Lasting power is okay. Not the most long-wearing foundation, but it stayed most of the day. (I worked out with it on, and after I was done, it was still on.) My favorite right now is still the Urban Decay Naked Skin, but this is ALOT cheaper. I prefer lighter coverage for Summer. I would repurchase,especially for the price. My only issue was that the shade I purchased, Classic Tan, was too dark. It worked well when I first applied, but it def oxidized throughout the day. I'm going to get the lighter shade, Honey. Overall, great for the price. If you want full coverage, it's not for you.

exit: Soft Honey is a perfect match for me. I've been wearing this everyday since I purchased it, under my Mark Matte-nificent powder, and it works well for me for everyday use. I prefer more natural looking, polished makeup (not too much coverage) for work, so this was perfect. lightweight, which is great & natural looking. love the price tag too! under $6 at Walmart. sure beats paying $39 for Urban Decay. Still Love Urban Decay, but i'll be using this one because it works well & it's affordable.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I went down to go get me a cold pop and then I thought somebody was barbecuing. I said OH LAWD JESUS IT'S A FIRE! On my face. If your skin is even the slightest bit sensitive, you might want to steer clear of this foundation. Got lots of little blister bumps around jaw line and forehead within 2 hrs of using the product. Ain't nobody got time for that.

on 5/27/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really want to try this product but they didnt have any shades for my golden olive tone that matched!! I tried neutrogenas shine control liquid and I'm glad I did. But I want to know if this might work better... If only they had more colors!! Will get the powder though...

on 5/18/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I was a young tween (younger than that, even) and I first started getting into makeup, this was the foundation my Mom gave me to use. I remember this stuff stinging my skin and making an awful mess trying to get it out of the bottle. When I think of classic, basic, makeup. I think of CG Clean Makeup.

on 4/14/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

my boyfriend bought me this about two years ago, wore it twice and I broke out in really horrible cystic acne. At the time, I wasn't even acne prone and had generally good skin. Didn't make me oily or anything, just really clogged the hell out of my pores. The color was okay and the price was right but the packaging sucks and the product was the absolute worst.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I usually use the Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin in the color buff but I decided to try something new. I got this at walgreens for $8 in the color 525 Buff Beige. It works pretty good. I've only used it a few times so far for only a few hours at a time so I'm not sure how long it lasts. It has pretty good coverage. I don't like the packaging that much but it's okay. I prefer foundations with pumps. The only reason I would not purchase again is because covergirl tests on animals & I didn't know this until after I had already bought & used it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This foundation breaks me out and is very streaky. I liked the color, but overall the quality of my skin deteriorated. It just wasn't agreeable and I generally don't like CG foundations. I recently bought their BB cream for Medium-Tan skin and it was orange and it streaked horribly. I mixed it with a lighter shade of Revlon and then wore it. Totally fixed it and it made the perf color. But I don't like any of CG foundations. Their Nature Luxe line is ok, it doesn't streak, but the Clean line is not for me. I wouldn't recommend it.