July 24, 2014 | 1108 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

my boyfriend bought me this about two years ago, wore it twice and I broke out in really horrible cystic acne. At the time, I wasn't even acne prone and had generally good skin. Didn't make me oily or anything, just really clogged the hell out of my pores. The color was okay and the price was right but the packaging sucks and the product was the absolute worst.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I usually use the Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin in the color buff but I decided to try something new. I got this at walgreens for $8 in the color 525 Buff Beige. It works pretty good. I've only used it a few times so far for only a few hours at a time so I'm not sure how long it lasts. It has pretty good coverage. I don't like the packaging that much but it's okay. I prefer foundations with pumps. The only reason I would not purchase again is because covergirl tests on animals & I didn't know this until after I had already bought & used it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation breaks me out and is very streaky. I liked the color, but overall the quality of my skin deteriorated. It just wasn't agreeable and I generally don't like CG foundations. I recently bought their BB cream for Medium-Tan skin and it was orange and it streaked horribly. I mixed it with a lighter shade of Revlon and then wore it. Totally fixed it and it made the perf color. But I don't like any of CG foundations. Their Nature Luxe line is ok, it doesn't streak, but the Clean line is not for me. I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation would have been perfect for me, if it didn't break me out. There is a good color selection for the CG Clean line. This foundation is also medium coverage so it is good for everyday wear. The formula was also very good at controlling oil as well, but it caused so many break outs every time I wore it. There is also no pump on the foundation which made it difficult to take out. I would not recommend this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not saying I dislike this product, I will continue to use it, but I win't repurchase this. This foundation I find dries too quickly before you can really apply it well onto your face. It does keep the oil at bay though! The packaging is a bit of a nuisance because I can't control exactly how much comes out.

I think this product is "okay."

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was a color match for my skin but it covered NOTHING. zip. zilch. nada.

I think it did break me out but I cannot say for certain. Its good if you want to look like you're not wearing makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cookiedoughy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this two months ago. First time I put it on, I had bad breakouts that lasted for a week. I stopped using it and skin was clear again. To make sure it was this foundation, I tried it again last week, big mistake! I haven't had this bad of a breakout for the past two years. Never buying CG foundation again.

On a separate note, it's very light coverage, and u definitely need with powder and touched up mid-day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Caity33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this is the best foundation you can buy for acne prone skin. It really does control the oil, when using this I never broke out! It has buildable coverage which I like. Very nice and natural looking. Use along with the corresponding pressed powder for the best look!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this...I picked it up because it is cheap but I found a shade that is relatively close to my skin tone which is usually hard because I am so white. The only thing that I don't love is the fragrance because it is pretty strong. But you can build up coverage pretty easily with this and it doesn't look too cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cut3ang3l89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased a Purell hand sanitizer bottle which came with a mini bottle of hand sanitizer a few months ago from my local supermarket. The two bottles cost me around $2. The mini bottle is 1 fluid ounce, and has a cap that flips open to dispense the product. The bigger bottle is 2 fluid ounces, and instead of it having a cap like the mini bottle has, it has a white pump that looks exactly like both the black MAC pump and the pump that comes with the CoverGirl Trublend Liquid Makeup. I have a lot of trouble getting the foundation out of the bottle (which is why I took off one star for this foundation). Once my bottle of hand sanitizer finished, I cleaned the pump it came with & started using it with this foundation. Since the pump works so great dispensing the foundation, I will not be spending money to get the MAC pump. I do wish though that CoverGirl can fix the bottle so that the foundation can come out a lot easier when turning the bottle upside down, and therefore we will not have to spend extra money buying pumps to get the foundation to come out. I took a second star off for this foundation because it makes the skin around my forehead look very dry & patchy even when using moisturizer beforehand. Other than that, I do like this foundation, and I love the fact that it matches my skin tone and that it makes me look natural like I don't have any makeup on.

This is what the 2 fluid ounce bottle looks like, except that its not the advanced hand sanitizer gel from Purell: http://www.purell.com/products/on-the-go/3050-24-cmr.aspx