September 2, 2014 | 1347 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am shocked by a lot of the bad reviews. I really like this powder. I found a trick that keeps me matte and my pores look smaller- I use the puff and pack on quite a bit of powder with it througout my tzone and cheeks (where my pores are huge!) THEN take a clean powder or kabuki brush and buff through my tzone (buff gently, just to remove excess). I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by latteys

i am very oily. this did not mattify as advertised. i also always wore it under my estee lauder matte liquid makeup, so i would hope this would have worked out even more---sadly to my dissapointment, i continued to be oily within 2 hours. id have to reapply/dab the oil off my face at least every 2 hours. does not seem to do the job for me. i never had an issue with it breaking out my skin, so i guess that's a plus for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nine months out of the year, this is the loose powder I use to set my makeup. It isn't particularly fantastic at blurring imperfections, but it's great for fighting shine. I've tried using a brush to get coverage that's more sheer but it doesn't look nearly as good as it does if I use the velour puff included. So that's what I do. I'm extremely acne-prone and this gives me no trouble, though in the winter I switch to something else because it can be drying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

I still have the ugly dark marks on my nose and forehead from where large zits erupted because of using this product. For a week or so, people kept commenting on my huge pimples (because they said I usually had such nice clear skin). It took a month of switching to other products to let my skin calm down and clear up. Then I gave it a go again recently. I don't even know why... maybe I just really wanted this MUFE product to work for me... But sure enough, the next day I had the same growth of giant zits again. Ugh. I don't want to risk the condition of my skin anymore, and honestly, I get better oil control and mattifying results from my cheap Pond's beauty powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by undermywear

When i first bought this product i was so excited - the colour match was perfect, it went on so smooth and it looked flawless. I was so happy with the way my skin looked for the first few days.

However, after about a week a started to break out on my cheeks, my forehead, near my nose. I didn't even think that it might have been this powder at first, thinking that it might have been stress related. Yet, i have switched back to my MAC mineralize powder and my skin is starting to recover. This powder definitely broke me out, and it broke me out badly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by trace21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a person who rarely breaks out, this powder sure did just that. Did it mattify my skin? Yes, with using very little amount of the product, but at a cost. I had 6 pimple/zits within two weeks of using it for 4 days or so. Thankfully, I'll only be needing this product during the summer heat, and quite frankly, I'm not sure if I'll be using it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora to find a good matte setting powder. I was going there to buy Laura Mercier's powder based on the rave reviews, but the SA at Sephora insisted that this was a WAY better powder (quality and "does the job"). She also insisted that I buy the 54 (orangey-tan powder) to set my makeup. Uhm, she was really wrong on this one. The powder does NOT keep me matte at all and I look like a damn oompa loompa with this stuff over my makeup. It just isn't for me at all. I will be returning this and either trying LM's powder or Kryolan's anti-shine powder. I would try a different, more translucent shade by MUFE, but too many gals experiencing breakouts on this that I don't even want to go there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by princess_jess73

I so wanted to love this. I put it on in the store and seemed to perfect my face. I proceeded to buy and swap for an additonal jar. I normally am not disappointed in MUFE's products but this was definately one of them. It did nothing for oil control at all. After a week of use I also realized this has been clogging my pores and I have four new zits.I have had better luck with any of the powders I have tried including: Becca, MAC, Origins, Clinique, even CG but this was the absolute worse. The sifter jar is horrible and powder gets everywhere and wastes large amounts if the jar is shifted at all. The powder puff is supposed to help with applying and "press" into skin, but seems to work no better than my brush and far less sanitary. It helps keep my mu on for about one hour, Most of my other powders helpf for at least half of a day. I even used primer and several foundations but nothing worked. Back it went today.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanna LOVE this powder!!! I have this in Translucent, and it looked SOOOO damn natural on my skin like i had no makeup on at all! Just matte yet glowy. And it control my oil sooooo well that much skin stayed matte for at least 4 hours. Even when it finally starts to get oily, it still looks like a health glow than just a plain oily slick. But I'm pretty sure this is breaking me out. I have only used this 3 times so far and everytime after i use this, i get those big monster zit on my face right away on the same day. Though i wont give up as the finishing from powder really looks soo good. I would keep trying to use this powder every once a while till my face get used to this powder and wont break out from it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by carimck

I updated from my matching fair color of this powder to the translucent one, and find it doesn't darken my complexion with touch-ups throughout the days like the other one did. I also find it very matte on my combination-oily skin, and it can become very powdery-looking, very quickly if you're not careful, whereas the other one almost sank right into the foundation very naturally. So this one has a slightly more powdery finish, but offers more matte-effect for longer; the regular loose powders will have you blotting/powdering-puffing much sooner. But I love them all anyways!! I get so many compliments with my MUFE!! And I don't even have the greatest skin underneath, so it's amazing stuff and I love it!!