Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder

4.1

talc, silica, nylon-12, silk powder, propylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, dehydroacetic acid. May contain: iron oxides, mica, red 27 lake, titanium dioxide, yellow 10 lake, red 7 lake, red 21 lake, yellow 6 lake, ultramarines, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 6, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, tin oxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have really dry skin so I can't really comment on how well this powder keeps the face matte. I use it for setting the foundation only, not for mattifying the skin.

That being said, I absolutely love how it makes my skin feel and look like. It's extremely fine-milled powder and I haven't managed to make it look cakey, even when I'm a bit heavy handed with applying it.

I always have problems with skin care/make-up products making my skin break out (I have rosacea), but with this one I had no problems. It doesn't irritate my skin or dry it out at all.

I have it in shade 2 which is scary-looking light pink, but even on my fair skin the pink doesn't show at all and it matches my skintone perfectly.

It comes in a 28g/0.98 oz. jar, which does feel small compared to many other loose powders. It's not the cheapest powder either, so I'll probably try something cheaper when I run out of it, but will definitely re-purchase if I can't find anything equally as good.

on 12/18/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am shocked by a lot of the bad reviews. I really like this powder. I found a trick that keeps me matte and my pores look smaller- I use the puff and pack on quite a bit of powder with it througout my tzone and cheeks (where my pores are huge!) THEN take a clean powder or kabuki brush and buff through my tzone (buff gently, just to remove excess). I love it!

on 12/5/2009 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i am very oily. this did not mattify as advertised. i also always wore it under my estee lauder matte liquid makeup, so i would hope this would have worked out even more---sadly to my dissapointment, i continued to be oily within 2 hours. id have to reapply/dab the oil off my face at least every 2 hours. does not seem to do the job for me. i never had an issue with it breaking out my skin, so i guess that's a plus for it.

on 11/16/2009 10:13:00 PM

Nine months out of the year, this is the loose powder I use to set my makeup. It isn't particularly fantastic at blurring imperfections, but it's great for fighting shine. I've tried using a brush to get coverage that's more sheer but it doesn't look nearly as good as it does if I use the velour puff included. So that's what I do. I'm extremely acne-prone and this gives me no trouble, though in the winter I switch to something else because it can be drying.

on 10/8/2009 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I still have the ugly dark marks on my nose and forehead from where large zits erupted because of using this product. For a week or so, people kept commenting on my huge pimples (because they said I usually had such nice clear skin). It took a month of switching to other products to let my skin calm down and clear up. Then I gave it a go again recently. I don't even know why... maybe I just really wanted this MUFE product to work for me... But sure enough, the next day I had the same growth of giant zits again. Ugh. I don't want to risk the condition of my skin anymore, and honestly, I get better oil control and mattifying results from my cheap Pond's beauty powder.

on 9/8/2009 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When i first bought this product i was so excited - the colour match was perfect, it went on so smooth and it looked flawless. I was so happy with the way my skin looked for the first few days.

However, after about a week a started to break out on my cheeks, my forehead, near my nose. I didn't even think that it might have been this powder at first, thinking that it might have been stress related. Yet, i have switched back to my MAC mineralize powder and my skin is starting to recover. This powder definitely broke me out, and it broke me out badly.

on 8/16/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a person who rarely breaks out, this powder sure did just that. Did it mattify my skin? Yes, with using very little amount of the product, but at a cost. I had 6 pimple/zits within two weeks of using it for 4 days or so. Thankfully, I'll only be needing this product during the summer heat, and quite frankly, I'm not sure if I'll be using it again.

on 8/12/2009 1:42:00 PM

I went to Sephora to find a good matte setting powder. I was going there to buy Laura Mercier's powder based on the rave reviews, but the SA at Sephora insisted that this was a WAY better powder (quality and "does the job"). She also insisted that I buy the 54 (orangey-tan powder) to set my makeup. Uhm, she was really wrong on this one. The powder does NOT keep me matte at all and I look like a damn oompa loompa with this stuff over my makeup. It just isn't for me at all. I will be returning this and either trying LM's powder or Kryolan's anti-shine powder. I would try a different, more translucent shade by MUFE, but too many gals experiencing breakouts on this that I don't even want to go there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this. I put it on in the store and seemed to perfect my face. I proceeded to buy and swap for an additonal jar. I normally am not disappointed in MUFE's products but this was definately one of them. It did nothing for oil control at all. After a week of use I also realized this has been clogging my pores and I have four new zits.I have had better luck with any of the powders I have tried including: Becca, MAC, Origins, Clinique, even CG but this was the absolute worse. The sifter jar is horrible and powder gets everywhere and wastes large amounts if the jar is shifted at all. The powder puff is supposed to help with applying and "press" into skin, but seems to work no better than my brush and far less sanitary. It helps keep my mu on for about one hour, Most of my other powders helpf for at least half of a day. I even used primer and several foundations but nothing worked. Back it went today.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanna LOVE this powder!!! I have this in Translucent, and it looked SOOOO damn natural on my skin like i had no makeup on at all! Just matte yet glowy. And it control my oil sooooo well that much skin stayed matte for at least 4 hours. Even when it finally starts to get oily, it still looks like a health glow than just a plain oily slick. But I'm pretty sure this is breaking me out. I have only used this 3 times so far and everytime after i use this, i get those big monster zit on my face right away on the same day. Though i wont give up as the finishing from powder really looks soo good. I would keep trying to use this powder every once a while till my face get used to this powder and wont break out from it again.