Philosophy Falling in Love

3.8

I brought my first bottle of this on ebay hence my points for it being so cheap yet.. i would probably give it a 4.

I think this scent is very beautiful and sweet it wares off during he day then when you least expect you get a burst of the smell again, i really loved this perfume one of my favorites, its a very sweet smelling perfume however i cannot smell the 'candy' people say? yet i smell the berries and vanilla love this!

A nice fruity blackberry vanilla scent. It is tart yet sweet and a tad muskyI A cheaper just as good alternative to Trish McEvoy #9 would give this 5 lippies if the staying power was better. It just does not last long enough. The price is good though! $40 for a 2 ounce bottle. Victoria Secret's "fruity & bright" in the PINK collection smells a lot like this with notes of blackberry & vanilla!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

About a year ago, my mom went nuts ordering a bunch of Philosophy stuff off QVC and I was one of the beneficiaries in the family. I got two giant bottles of FIL perfume oil, the EDP, the lotion, and the body butter. I really tried to like this scent, but it's just too sweet and simple for me. One of the most confusing things about it is that the different products in the line don't smell at all the same. The EDP (my least favorite) smells like cheap melon gumballs. The body butter smells like lemonade--almost as if it were mis-labeled and meant to be a different scent. The lotion and oil are less sweet and more musky, with almost a yeasty or baking-bread basenote. I end up smelling like a cacophony of foods. I'm not into smelling like matching foods, let alone mismatched foods..

I usually like Philosophy scents because they're not overpowering but this, for me, was a total bust. I like food scents & sweet scents but this was so sweet you could practically feel cavities forming. To me it smelled like cotton candy, which has never been a favorite... I sold it on ebay :p

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I couldn't stop smelling my wrist when I first spritzed this at a counter last summer~~ what a lovely true blackberry and vanilla scent!

It is very very light though, and I think a common complaint is that the staying power is too weak. I opted to save up a little more and splurge on Trish McEvoy #9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk----you'll get more bang for your buck!

This was too sweet for me. I definitely prefer Amazing Grace.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I tried this fragrance years ago when it first came out & really liked it...except it had zero staying power. Because of that, I didn't repurchase again until recently. I was ready to try it again, & purchased the EDP. This DOES NOT smell like it used to! It is very sweet, & smells of berries & vanilla....mainly berries, & that's about it. It used to have a warmth about it, & was slightly sexy, but now it is a total foodie scent. I spray this on at night after I bathe, & that's about all it's good for as far as I'm concerned. Very unsexy, & disappointing.
EDIT: I've lowered this to 1 lippie. Phil. has ruined this fragrance- it's awful.

I am extremely sensitive to scent, & this makes choosing a perfume next to impossible for me. Most are completely over-powering, or I just plain don't care for the scent. This is not the case for Falling in Love. I absolutely love this scent, & it's nice & light. Unfortunately, this is also a problem; It is SO light, that the scent fades very, very quickly. I got a little atomizer of this from Sephora & carry it in my purse for touch-ups during the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

i'm stating up front, i am a gourmand afficianado! i can see the comparisons to aquolina's pink sugar, but cotton candy? i don't see that. it has a fresh blueberry/ blackberry scent, lots of sugar, and some warmth...maybe the musk. a very lovely clean laundry scent. it's fabulous. my man loved it, out of 30 or so fragrances i stick-tested in sephora, he remarked FALLING IN LOVE was his favorite. that's out of all of fresh's line, and some other gourmands. i bought the oil rollerball, but haven't opened it yet. 2 hours after application of 2 tiny squirts, i smelled it full blast on my wrists when i lifted my arms up to put on my coat. i am SO please the fragrance gods found me worthy of this scent! it's a keeper!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is one of the few fragrances that I will definetely buy again. It is not too overpowering for daytime. I fell in love when I got free sample and had to get a big bottle asp. Always get compliments when wearing this one. I love the sweet vanilla, and it is hard to find sweet fragrances that suit my age.

Popular Fragrances