August 27, 2014 | 914 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product for my boyfriend because he was having some dandruff issues... and now it's worse, and his head is extremely itchy.
So I used it, and my head is too very itchy and dry.

BOO!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Cuties

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has worked wonders for my 16-year old son's severe dandruff. Nothing was working consistently for him until he tried this, it has reduced his flaking more than 50%. He's been using it almost every day for about 3 weeks or so. After the 1st week he started to see improvement. I would definitely buy this again and it is dirt cheap compared to salon brands.

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc 1%

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betain, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearyl Cetyl Ether, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MIPA, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Propylene Glycol, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Camellia Sinense Leaf Extract

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by countryapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a great, fruity, unique scent and got rid of flakiness on my scalp. It also seems to add body to my hair. Great find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has the same ingredient as the $10 prescription shampoo I used to use, works well on my dandruff, and smells nice too! It doesn't seem to dry out my hair, and it does help the dandruff. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by rubyweapon

This worked great on the light dandruff I get in the dry winter months. I don't know how effective it would be on more severe dandruff, though. The scent was ok, not as good as other Fructis products but IMO better than most other dandruff shampoos. It didn't make my hair dry at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first experience with dandruff and Garnier's is the only dandruff shampoo I've tried, but for me, it works well. I'm giving it a 5 rating not because it's the ultimate of its type but because it does what it is supposed to without causing problems, so I think it deserves an A. I chose it over Head & Shoulders based on the pleasant green-apple scent. I use the 2-in-1 anti-dandruff formula twice a week. (Dandruff treatments work in cycles, so you don't need to use any of these products every day.) This 2-in-1 includes some conditioning ingredients; it's gentle but rinses clean, which is exactly what I wanted. Its active ingredient is pyrithione zinc, the same ingredient as in Head & Shoulders. (Neutrogena T-Gel uses coal tar extract; there are also patented ingredients and products with salicylic acid.) An excellent article about dandruff and its treatments is located at the www.hairboutique.com website. Apparently, not much is known about how dandruff occurs. It can occur in combination with a dry scalp or an oily scalp, and different active ingredients work better for some people than others, so if one thing isn't successful for you, you might want to try a new active ingredient. There are also natural treatments such as increasing your intake of essential fatty acids (evening primrose oil, etc.) and acidic scalp rinses (cider vinegar).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mkaygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Strips hair doesn't leave residue but as with mainy anti-dandruff shampoos makes scalp more oily-I like Nioxin better, bio-nutrients protectives cleanser helps clear scalp problems without increasing oil production.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This shampoo is much better than other over-the-counter brands I've tried for flaking. It helps to minimize the flakes but it is not a perfect dandruff shampoo. A flake may still make an occasional appearance but prolonged use of this product has kept me very satisfied (I go through periods where I use this every other day for maintenance). And this smells really good! I prefer this over OTC Nizoral, even though prescription strength Nizoral has proven to be effective in the past. I would have a hard time checking out another OTC dandruff shampoo when I'm assured of this one's long-term effectiveness. UPDATE: Upping this to a 5; there's no other OTC dandruff shampoo I want to risk trying other than this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by colourmegrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i just bought this shampoo to try it, because i have soo much dandruff!! this stuff takes away most of it, but not as good as i wanted...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2004 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jakobhaydensmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product for dry scalp.
I haven't had chicken pox since I was 7 years old and I still have the scabs on my head. This helps keep them under control too!