July 25, 2014 | 1135 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by kellyadams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this concealer! I am VERY fair, neutral/cool-toned, with hereditary blueish eye circles that I'm always trying to cover... I am also starting to get a few fine lines in that area, so "settling" is a big issue for me.

I got the lightest shade, and apply it with my fingers under eyes - wow, first impression is that it feels a little cooling and soothes that sensitive area nicely! It's a little moisturizing, but not thick like the cakier concealers, so it spreads easily. I really think this concealer lives up to the "lift" idea for eyes - it really brightens the whole area. The biggest plus for me is that this stuff doesn't settle into my lines under the eyes like other products have (BB, Mac, Benefit), AND the color actually matches me (not yellow-based). I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Mehhhh. I debated on giving this two lippies. But decided 3, and I won't be buying it again. I like the brightening aspect of it, the coverage is decent, not as full as I like it but it's ok, but it does accentuate fine lines around the eyes like crazy :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find it hard to find concealers that aren't too pinky for my tanned Asian skin tone, under the eyes. This one has a nice range of colors that are just right. Consistency is a thick liquid.

Packaging sucks for flying as the pressure causes it to ooze out when you unscrew the top to use it when you get to your destination. I agree that it does migrate into the lines a bit but I don't have too many yet and I like the consistency and it is quite brightening.

If it's not enough coverage for you, use it as a secondary highlighter just on the shadow underneath the "puff" under the eyes (the brightening properties lighten up the shadow and make the "puff" less noticeable) and use something a bit thicker to cover the entire area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great under eye concealer. It beats out most concealers with on exception that being Bobbi Brown. This is lightweight with good coverage and does not get cakey whatsosever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I am on the fence about this product. I love the consistency--it's a fluid rather than cream, so it is not as greasy/oily/heavy as pot concealers by LM, BB or Benefit. It definitely feels very lightweight on the skin. It is still extremely pigmented, which is probably my favorite aspect of this concealer. It seems to work well to cover blemishes as well as under eye circles. However, I've found that it does migrate to the tiny wrinkles under my eyes quite a bit--and setting powder does not help at all with this. For me, this is a deal-breaker because that is my biggest pet peeve ever! I'll use it up by covering up my blemishes with it but won't be repurchasing. I like only having one concealer in my stash that can cover both undereye and blemishes without being too greasy or settling in lines (currently Benefit Erase Paste)!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by aspenskimommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those concealers that you hear such wonderful things about and must try. I personally didn't find it to work well for me. I have some very fine lines and I feel it magnifies them, also it's not the best choice for very dark circles and it doesn't conceal redness around the nose very well either.
I would say it's good for those that need just a little pick me up (I need a big one).
I'm glad I tried it just to see what the hype was about. Now I know my search will go on.
UPDATE:
I have come to love this as a high lighter on my cheek bones and cupids bow. I will buy only as a high lighter, it isn't a very good concealer unless you don't need much coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ginabinawina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this concealer as I really do enjoy and love the Full Cover by this line. What I was hoping from the Lift was that it'd be a hybrid between Full Cover and a Corrector/Somewhat Highlighter like the Touch Eclat by YSL.

Initial results do the trick. It brightens the area really well. I don't apply this all the way under my eye as that will give too much of a reverse racoon effect in photos because of its light reflective abilities.

Why I'm not giving this a glowing review? It doesn't wear well. It settles somewhat, but mostly just erodes away quickly, lasting an incredibly short time. It just seems to "disappear" and I'm not even using this as a primary concealer, just to brighten the inner corner (darkest area of my eye) and also under the puffy part of my lower lid to bring out the shade of the bag.

Coverage is also lacking for those who may be interested in this as a primary concealer and who may have medium to severe dark circles.

An even bigger con is how drying the formula is. For it being liquid, it's not very nourishing and gentle under the eye.

My favorite All Time Concealers For Reference:
#1. Hourglass Hidden Concealer
#2. MUFE Full Cover

-I'm taking this back today

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought MUFE Lift and Full Cover concealers to try to use on dark under eye circles only. Lift felt better in this area & was slightly brighter, but didn't offer as much cover as the Full Cover. The Full Cover however is a bit dry and dull. Full Cover would be great on trouble spots on the face, but not for the under eye area...it seemed to accentuate my wrinkles. Since neither one was HG status, I returned both and will be returning to my Benefit Erase Paste (it looks better in pictures than either MUFE).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

I use this concealer under my eyes to try and conceal my dark circles. I got this a little while ago, used it, and then forgot about it for awhile. I recently just uncovered it again, and I don't know why I ever let it get lost. I find that it hides my under eye circles very well, and the packaging is quite good. The product does seem to seep out though if the cap is left off, so I would make sure to always recap it right after use. Overall, the product is a little expensive, but it lasts for so long that I think it is worth the price since you won't have to be buying it every few months. While I am still searching for my HG under eye concealer, I would say I am perfectly happy with this one for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by curlylashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use this as my everyday concealer, I use this rather for times when I want to be dolled-up. The coverage is great for my medium under eye dark circles. I got this in #3, which is a tad too light for me (I'm NC 35-37 in mac), but all is well because I always use foundation on top of it. Love love love the packaging, very sanitary and I'm able to control the amount of product dipensed. A little goes along the way so this product will last a very long time. It's my HG concealer for now, but it won't stop me from trying other concealers. :)