April 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

This would be the perfect powder foundation IF IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY SHIMMER . I have to rage about how a MAJORITY of drugstores items have glimmer/shimmer (whatever same thing) I cannot tolerate shimmer and therefore, i won't tolerate this.

SO COVERGIRL REMOVE THE SHIMMER PLEASE

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! I use this as a powder to set my foundation and it's awesome! It gives me just a smidge more coverage after I put my foundation on and the oil-control is better than any other powder I have ever tried, hands down! The packaging is nice, because you get a good amount of product and a nice large mirror if you were planning on taking it on the go. I would recommend this to anyone and will definitley be repurchasing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After putting moisturizer on and concealer I'll put this on with a mineral brush and it actually does a great job and looks really nice. Doesn't settle in my lines or look cakey. Makes the morning routine easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love this powder You can use it like a light foundation by adding water or a powder to set makeup. It has good staying power and good coverage for a powder. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish Cover Girl would update/increase their color selections; this would be my ideal quick-and-easy "foundation" if it only matched me.

Classic Ivory is an OK option for my skin in winter---I can definitely use up what I have. Unfortunately, it's a bit too light and lacks the golden undertones of my skin, making me look a bit dull.

My skin is actually a light-medium sandy beige. But the lightest shade in that family, Buff Beige, is too tan. Cover GIrl foundation colors tend to lack nuance.

I really like the product itself, though. After applying concealer under the eyes and over any obvious marks, I can build light coverage that stays put pretty well all day. My skin doesn't turn oily, either, nor do I break out. I love the convenience and light feel of this product! Application is very quick. Please, CG, get with the program and offer better skin-like tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

I first started using this in high school after I stole it from my mom. I'm now 28 and I can't get away from it. In high school when I was always tan, it was a good match. Now I get really light in the winter and the classic ivory doesn't match great, but I wear 1 shade lighter in my liquid foundation (which I only wear around my nose and cheeks) to counter balance this. In the winter when I'm light, it does give me a slightly pink hue, but it controls my oil so well (the main reason I use this) that I don't care. In fact, I've been using this as long as I've been wearing makeup and I didn't know I had an oily T zone until I tried other powders (was looking for something that color matched better) and I was a greaseball with EVERYTHING else. So back to wearing this, which is great because it's so inexpensive. Just wish they had better color options. I apply this with the Everyday Minerals Flat Top brush for a super even matte coverage. I work 12 hour shifts and by the end, I have a healthy dewy look, but definitely not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this in Classic Ivory for my NC20 skin tone. It couldn't be more perfect for me. It covers like a dream. The color is brilliant, not orange or yellow, but a very neutral color with just a hint of pink undertone. I NEVER get greasy when using this powder. I apply it with the sponge that is provided in the compact and press it over my face then buff it with a kabuki brush. Sometimes I wear it alone but most of the time I wear it over my Colorstay foundation for dry skin. It is flawless and mistake proof every time. The finish lasts all day. I wore this when i was giving birth to my second baby and I look fantastic in all my pictures :) I agree with a previous reviewer that I would like to have the sponge in a different compartment other than with the powder, but oh well. I highly recommend this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Binky15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not look good on my skin. It was uneven and cakey and the color options didn't match my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product when I was 12. I liked it then because it provided more coverage than other pressed powders and could still work as a setting powder for liquid foundation. I've tried different powders throughout my life (I'm 23) and I've always come back to this. I still experiment with different powders and foundations from time to time, but I always find myself keeping this as a constant. Plus, it's only $6.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At my age (39), I've tried everything on the planet, seems like, to control the oil on my face and have learned to be satisfied with "okay" face powder.

This was more than okay (thus the number of lippies) in that the color is a perfect match for my skin (Ivory, or 505), and did not make me look pink or yellow but nice and even.
It was just okay in that it doesn't really stay on for coverage, and I still have severe oily patches on my face in just a few hours -- but that's not the powder's fault. Evidently I have oil wells on my face that cannot be controlled.
In the winter, however, I barely ever have to touch up this product, so it's partly the climate in Texas, and partly my skin.

Love the slick and simple packaging, love the color, and easy enough to be pleased with for touch-ups. Will re-purchase until I find the holy grail of powders that actually can control my shine.