July 30, 2014 | 1785 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BarbieBlondexo

I initially bought this foundation because I had never tried powder, but I didn't have much faith in it's coverage. I was completely wrong, this covers EXTREMELY well for only being a powder. I have large pores and redness, with an occasionally acne flare up. A combo of this foundation and concealer was a fabulous alternative to regular liquids and creams. This is a great summer foundation, which is primarily why I bought it. It doesn't dry out your face, but it mattifies, while still looking natural. I'm in love with the light feel. I honestly can't say enough good things about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the one that is matte and comes in a green case with a songe. It fixes every blemish on my face. It a great spring color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

This would be the perfect powder foundation IF IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY SHIMMER . I have to rage about how a MAJORITY of drugstores items have glimmer/shimmer (whatever same thing) I cannot tolerate shimmer and therefore, i won't tolerate this.

SO COVERGIRL REMOVE THE SHIMMER PLEASE

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! I use this as a powder to set my foundation and it's awesome! It gives me just a smidge more coverage after I put my foundation on and the oil-control is better than any other powder I have ever tried, hands down! The packaging is nice, because you get a good amount of product and a nice large mirror if you were planning on taking it on the go. I would recommend this to anyone and will definitley be repurchasing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After putting moisturizer on and concealer I'll put this on with a mineral brush and it actually does a great job and looks really nice. Doesn't settle in my lines or look cakey. Makes the morning routine easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love this powder You can use it like a light foundation by adding water or a powder to set makeup. It has good staying power and good coverage for a powder. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish Cover Girl would update/increase their color selections; this would be my ideal quick-and-easy "foundation" if it only matched me.

Classic Ivory is an OK option for my skin in winter---I can definitely use up what I have. Unfortunately, it's a bit too light and lacks the golden undertones of my skin, making me look a bit dull.

My skin is actually a light-medium sandy beige. But the lightest shade in that family, Buff Beige, is too tan. Cover GIrl foundation colors tend to lack nuance.

I really like the product itself, though. After applying concealer under the eyes and over any obvious marks, I can build light coverage that stays put pretty well all day. My skin doesn't turn oily, either, nor do I break out. I love the convenience and light feel of this product! Application is very quick. Please, CG, get with the program and offer better skin-like tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

I first started using this in high school after I stole it from my mom. I'm now 28 and I can't get away from it. In high school when I was always tan, it was a good match. Now I get really light in the winter and the classic ivory doesn't match great, but I wear 1 shade lighter in my liquid foundation (which I only wear around my nose and cheeks) to counter balance this. In the winter when I'm light, it does give me a slightly pink hue, but it controls my oil so well (the main reason I use this) that I don't care. In fact, I've been using this as long as I've been wearing makeup and I didn't know I had an oily T zone until I tried other powders (was looking for something that color matched better) and I was a greaseball with EVERYTHING else. So back to wearing this, which is great because it's so inexpensive. Just wish they had better color options. I apply this with the Everyday Minerals Flat Top brush for a super even matte coverage. I work 12 hour shifts and by the end, I have a healthy dewy look, but definitely not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this in Classic Ivory for my NC20 skin tone. It couldn't be more perfect for me. It covers like a dream. The color is brilliant, not orange or yellow, but a very neutral color with just a hint of pink undertone. I NEVER get greasy when using this powder. I apply it with the sponge that is provided in the compact and press it over my face then buff it with a kabuki brush. Sometimes I wear it alone but most of the time I wear it over my Colorstay foundation for dry skin. It is flawless and mistake proof every time. The finish lasts all day. I wore this when i was giving birth to my second baby and I look fantastic in all my pictures :) I agree with a previous reviewer that I would like to have the sponge in a different compartment other than with the powder, but oh well. I highly recommend this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Binky15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not look good on my skin. It was uneven and cakey and the color options didn't match my skin.