August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best drug store powder I have tried so far. It's not expensive and it covers pretty well. It never looks cakey. I've tried more expensive powders before and don't like some of them and I usually just go buy this one again until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I used to use this all the time because you can do your foundation in 30 seconds flat. This stuff wears great on combination skin and looks professional. I've haven't used this in a while but I will buy some this summer as it is a great, quick makeup for warm weather. Seems like CG prices have been creeping up a bit but this is still in my price range.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another product I keep coming back to when my other trials and experiments fail. This is a great, simple, do-it-all product. It covers like a liquid, without the mess of a liquid, and has the consistency of a powder, without the mess of loose powder (or the way some brands of loose powders stink a tad). It's a great "work" makeup, because I wear basic makeup (cover up, a bit of shadow, and mascara with a little liner) to work just to look awake and fresh. It's very affordable. I've found that there aren't that many shades, but Ivory (the lightest) works well for me, it isn't too dark or yellow. It blends pretty well on my very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BarbieBlondexo

I initially bought this foundation because I had never tried powder, but I didn't have much faith in it's coverage. I was completely wrong, this covers EXTREMELY well for only being a powder. I have large pores and redness, with an occasionally acne flare up. A combo of this foundation and concealer was a fabulous alternative to regular liquids and creams. This is a great summer foundation, which is primarily why I bought it. It doesn't dry out your face, but it mattifies, while still looking natural. I'm in love with the light feel. I honestly can't say enough good things about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the one that is matte and comes in a green case with a songe. It fixes every blemish on my face. It a great spring color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

This would be the perfect powder foundation IF IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY SHIMMER . I have to rage about how a MAJORITY of drugstores items have glimmer/shimmer (whatever same thing) I cannot tolerate shimmer and therefore, i won't tolerate this.

SO COVERGIRL REMOVE THE SHIMMER PLEASE

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! I use this as a powder to set my foundation and it's awesome! It gives me just a smidge more coverage after I put my foundation on and the oil-control is better than any other powder I have ever tried, hands down! The packaging is nice, because you get a good amount of product and a nice large mirror if you were planning on taking it on the go. I would recommend this to anyone and will definitley be repurchasing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After putting moisturizer on and concealer I'll put this on with a mineral brush and it actually does a great job and looks really nice. Doesn't settle in my lines or look cakey. Makes the morning routine easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love this powder You can use it like a light foundation by adding water or a powder to set makeup. It has good staying power and good coverage for a powder. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish Cover Girl would update/increase their color selections; this would be my ideal quick-and-easy "foundation" if it only matched me.

Classic Ivory is an OK option for my skin in winter---I can definitely use up what I have. Unfortunately, it's a bit too light and lacks the golden undertones of my skin, making me look a bit dull.

My skin is actually a light-medium sandy beige. But the lightest shade in that family, Buff Beige, is too tan. Cover GIrl foundation colors tend to lack nuance.

I really like the product itself, though. After applying concealer under the eyes and over any obvious marks, I can build light coverage that stays put pretty well all day. My skin doesn't turn oily, either, nor do I break out. I love the convenience and light feel of this product! Application is very quick. Please, CG, get with the program and offer better skin-like tones.