April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Tahiti Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i finally found the perfect daytime red. i wear this with red enriched cremestick liner. it is one of those colors that can go a few different ways depending on the liner you use with it. for more of a neutral color i pair it with chestnut. if i want an orange shade i use mahogany liner. the color is fairly pigmented and it's not super moisturizing. i expect to reapply after eating or midway through the day but that's not a big deal for me. pretty with a gloss on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On me, this color unfortunately looks nothing like the picture above. It is a warm sheer red that looks slightly orange which is unflattering for my teeth. It is a sheer lipstick, though, so the color will change depending on your natural lip color. The staying power is poor and it doesn't stain the lips, but on the other hand the formula is rather moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 9/2013: So I have fallen a bit out of love with this. It is starting to feel a bit too brown or dark on me. Now I have discovered Revlon Berry Rich and it wears like an easy casual red without the "too dark/brown" undertone. Even Revlon Blackberry is better suited to me. I loved this color in the beginning, but not so much now. Perhaps as I age, my skin tone is changing a bit...who knows.

ORIGINAL POST:
A reviewer nailed this color on the head when they said it is a "juicy red" and a "kissable red". I could not think of a better way to describe this color. The glaze finish makes this color slip on easily and smooth (and moisturizing feeling). It is an odd color for me though. Some days, it feels like a juicy summer red. Other times (like if I wear it with a black shirt), it feels like a softer, yet darker red. I am NW20 with black/brown hair, brown eyes, rosey pigmented lips. Hot Tahiti makes all my other reds feel so uptight - stiff formal. Hot Tahiti feels - easy, relaxed, comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

My endless quest for the perfect red may have ended with Hot Tahiti. I'm not sure how MAC arrived at the "reddish coral" description, but I politely disagree! It is such a gorgeous sheer red -- definitely more of a cool berry than any semblance of coral, at least on me (NW5-10; NARS Siberia). I love that it's sheer and buildable, too -- it can be a more dramatic red, but it can also be perfectly wearable during the day. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by julma

I like the color of this lipstick, very build-able and could look good on a variety of people...but it has ZERO staying power. I have to reapply it every five seconds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great. I am so glad I listened to the reviews, and took the plunge. It looked a little darker than I expected in person so I was iffy. But when I wear it it's like my lips are just gorgeously flushed with a light application, and it's a pretty red with a heavy application.
I've been wearing it for two days in a row and my lips are not chapped at all. O______________O this is the first mac lipstick i have had that is completely non-drying. I'll be checking out more glazes, that's for sure!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Gypsygold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow- I just scanned other reviews and cant believe no one has mentioned the similarity it has to Channel rougecoco "mademoiselle". Holding them side to side u'd nevr guess it, but I recently purchased Chanel mademoiselle and am still carry'n it around (luv it!!!). So wen I got back to my car, after picking out "Hot Tahiti" for my B2MAC (and after a grueling 25min dealing with a BITCHY MAC mngr, and her clueless sidekick) I realized how crazy-same they are. The MAC is more on the glossy, while the Channel is more matte, but the comp is so close! I wouldve luvd to know this, cause the Chanel took eions to find in stock,lol
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how many MACcounters and stores employ "Im beter than you", clueless, biatches????
ps-sorry to any great MAC reps...I still have yet to meet u!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great low profile red lipstick and it is very versatile because you can create a day or night look with it. I use this lipstick mostly for daytime/school on a daily basis. I like a natural bitten-lipped look so instead of applying lipstick the whole lip I dab it on, about 3 dabs each on the upper and lower lip then blend in with my fingers. Sometimes I would also just use the sharper edge of the lipstick to line my lips and blend it in. It gives my lips a reddish flush. Like some of the reviewers said it's like my lip color but about 2 shades darker. I will repurchase when I'm done with my tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by swanseaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first MAC lipstick, and after learning to apply it correctly, it is certainly my go-to lippy. The color isn't too harsh, but stands out enough to be a little daring. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It's a decent enough lipstick -bright but not too garish, red with no strong undertones (either cool or warm)...If used lightly, a good my-lips-but-redder.