Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 12/13/2014 10:10:00 PM

I love dove soap! I ran out of one of my expensive cleansers, and only had my dove soap to use. I cringed at having to use a soap, as it's been drilled into me that soap will wreck the ph of my skin and dry it out, but I decided it was better to use soap then to leave my make up on all night. After I used it I thought my skin looked softer, less irritable and felt neither dry nor tight! After having used so many expensive cleansers over the years (clinique, jan marini, skinceuticals, obagi, estee lauder), I'm of the opinion that they are generally a waste of money! After all, they are on your skin for such a small amount of time! I'm trying to simplify my routine, and will continue to just use dove as my cleanser.
It's not a miracle for me and hasn't completely cleared up my skin or anything, but I do think my skin looks better when I use it, and in comparison to other high end cleansers I've used, it performs just as well, if not better :)

on 12/13/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this all the time in my teens and had such beautiful moisturised glowing skin and then I just got lost amidst all of the pretty shower gels I just forgot about it. After years of gels I found myself just loading body butter everyday just to have my glowing skin and I thought back on the days my skin was beautiful after using dove...so I bought the big pack as it was on special....after using dove beauty bar again for the first time it was a nostalgic beautiful and calming experience and I got out of the shower and my skin was so soft. A week later my skin is glowing and I find I dont need to exfoliate much anymore. I don't know what it is in the beauty bars but dove have it down pat. I will never stop using dove beauty bar ever again!!

on 10/11/2014 8:34:00 AM

I thought that this product was just body soap...until I read the reivews on Makeupalley, didn't know it was used for face haha.
Nearly all soap makes me skin feel tight and sometimes itchy, but this beauty bar doesn't, which I love.
I think I'll be buying more of this, for my face and body. :P

on 10/8/2014 11:14:00 AM

The only bar soap I would ever use. Wonderful consistency and lathers so well. Doesn't break me out like I expected it to, being a moisture rich soap, and leaves skin soft and not at all tight. Smells awesome too. Absolutely love it.

on 10/4/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So lucky I found this. Such a natural cleansing soap. Better than any acne face wash. This makes my skin bright and glow. Highly recommend for acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin.

on 10/1/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this for the past 5 years . This soap leaves my face soft and clean . I have not bought face cleanser since i have used this . I use this when i run out of body wash sometimes too .

on 9/30/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Of all the things to give me Clear, blemish free skin I cannot believe it was a simple soap. always being told that soap was bad for my face, I avoided it much of my life. I also go through spells of horribly broken out skin too. I've tried everything on the market..literally. I finally gave up and said, enough is enough and I'm tired of spending money when nothing works. My Aunt who has beautiful 50 year old skin told me to use Dove, nothing else. i had nothing to lose and Starting using Dove exclusively to wash my face 4 weeks ago. My skin is completely clear and smooth. No breakouts, no clogs, no bumps, acne scars are healing. I'm dumbfounded but happy.

I'm using the original beauty bar, not the unscented or sensitive one, just the original. Twice a day. wipe with Witch hazel, Vitamin e oil on scars, lips and under eyes. I'm just amazed at what a huge difference a month can make.

when i started using it, it dried up existing blemishes. I got a few more in the first week, but small and they went away easily. I had clogged up pores too and by the end of the second week, I noticed those were going away too. By Week 3. clear skin, week 4, still clear. Didn't even breakout during my TOM, which never happens. I'm totally sold on Dove. I even got my BF to start using it and I've invested in a huge 10 pack!! lol

on 9/28/2014 9:55:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this beauty secret for my blemish free beautiful skin. I have gone through phases of breakouts my entire adult life, and never thought this is the answer to all my problems. I have considerably oily skin in the summer and combination skin in the winter. I am very prone to clog pores and therefore I always have a breakout on my face unless I use BP all over my face everyday. I regimen for Dan on acne.org did work for me, but I hate putting that much BP on my face everyday and it's so time consuming and takes deligent and dedication to maintain breakout free face. And so I venture out to find a routine that takes less time and uses less harsh products to maintain my face.

I found it. I use Dove white bar to wash my face twice a day everyday. it removes oil, makeup and keeps my face less oily and clean. If i do get a breakout, this soap kills it like nothing can. I have several packs of backup of this soap in case I ran out.

on 9/8/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use the Dove for Sensitve skin,unscented. I have extremely dry skin and it dries out even more during the winter. After seeing my dermatologist she recommended this soap. It does have a scent but not overpowering. It does not dry my skin out and I use it on my face to remove makeup and it does a great job.

on 8/29/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Our family swears by the Dove sensitive skin bar. It is very gentle to the skin. It is truely unscented and leaves no scent to the skin just clean.
This one, however, is my favorite. Nice light scent and I really like that it leaves my skin lightly scented even after rinsing off. The scent is clean, soft and soothing. It is very calming to me. Not overpowering or sweet just soft and clean. It also gives me a slight nostalgia feeling.
When used on my face my face feels very soft and clean. It removes all my makeup with no issues and I do not have to use makeup remover.
It is not a magic bar that clears up blemishes or rids my skin of my oiliness but it does make it softer than when I use other cleansers made for the face. Again it does NOT help with the oil or blemishes but does make it clean and soft. I only use Dove bar in the shower if I did not grab my cleanser.
Only soap my daughter can use