November 26, 2014 | 1104 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing cleanser, so moisturising but not filmy or anything. It just the best. My skin has been acting up coz of hormones and a pharmacist I work with recommended cetaphil which I tried and hate now ew it's so stripping and doesn't even feel comfy on my face. Dove beauty bar it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Shadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Best soap for face and body!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is sort of an update, since I wrote a previous rave review for the Dove pink beauty bar,which is technically the same formula, except it's prettier and has a better scent.

I love this beauty bar, but I feel like I'm always on the prowl for the next best thing. Like, in my head, there's always something better than whatever I'm using, and I HAVE to have it.. there should be some sort of addiction program for people like myself. My best friend was here from out of the states, and we were shopping at WalMart, and she picked up a handful of Ambi complexion bars. I was immediately intrigued, and when she told me it keeps her from breakouts and keeps her skin clear, and even promises to brighten your skin (i don't know why I was even interested in that), I had to give it a try. I liked it at first, but a few days ago, I noticed that there was a red inflammation and slight rash forming around my mouth, I washed my face, and pretty much every area of my face was red. Not to mention it was just dry and uncomfortable. As much as I wanted to like that soap, my skin obviously didn't.

I threw it away, and looked in my mom's bathroom drawer and thankfully saw an unopened Dove beauty bar, and washed my face, as I have every morning and night following. Three days later, the rash is gone and the few pimples I had, have either dried up or are in the process of doing so. , I think I have found my HG cleanser/makeup remover. i won't make said mistake again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer bar soaps to gels/body washes. Dove smells great and doesn't dry out my skin or break it out, and even helps calm my mild KP. I don't use it on my face, so I can't comment on its efficacy there, but for bath and body, it's unbeatable. There are cheaper soaps out there, but I don't normally bother with them. This is my HG soap for fall and winter, full stop!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by CupcakesAndUnicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dove is the only soap I've tried which doesn't dry me out like a piece of leather, give me a rash, or make me itch. I use it all over my body, including my face and lady bits, and have never ever had any kind of bad experience with it (which is a miracle for me and my drama queen skin!). This is by no means a miracle product, but it does exactly what it claims it will: Gets you clean without dryness or irritation, and softens your skin quite nicely.

I took off a lippie for fragrance and price. The fragrance is okay, but I'd rather it was slightly weaker. Does't linger though, which is good, and I put up with it because I hate the smell of the Sensitive Skin Bar. As for the price, I wish I got more product for the price I pay. Dove is a little more expensive than most soaps, but the bar is smaller than other soap bars. I will never stop re-purchasing though, so I guess I shouldn't complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best bar soap that I've used. It is moisturizing and I use it all year round. I used to use it on my face, but it has a really strong scent when applied to the face. I stopped using it on the face though because I don't think it's good to use bar soap on the face. Anyway, the bar soap is perfect for my body and it doesn't leave me feeling dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Bberry15

I love this bar it is my holy grail.I have been using it for many years now.It makes my skin feel really soft and it smells really good.I bought a diffrent bar thinking it could be better but it was really drying so i had to move back to dove oh How I love this bar.Thankyou dove!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was told over and over by people on a certain internet skincare forum that claimed to be "science-based" that bar soaps are never, ever ever acceptable for facial skin, so I avoided them for a long time. After trying their suggested regimen and having the worst breakout of my life, I went to my friends with good skin (mostly guys) and asked them what they do. The answer was nearly unanimous: soap and water, maybe moisturizer.

I was concerned about drying my skin out, so I tried the Beauty Bar since a couple friends said they thought it was moisturizing. I was scared, but I tried it.

It has not dried my skin out, it has not made my skin oilier (except my nose, but that might be the thick moisturizing creme I use after washing), and I have not had any large and angry zits since I started using it two months ago. I still get tiny ones on occasion, but they go away pretty quickly. I am absolutely blown away by how clear and glowy my skin is. It is even helping fade away my acne scarring and my boyfriend has even complimented me on how much better my skin looks.

I plan to keep using it forever if the formula or my skin does not change. An amazing product, great for the face, great for the entire body. I will never use irritating facial cleansers again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love my dove soap more than any other. Truly my HG!!!

It is gentle enough to use when I am irritated and sometimes I can even use on face if I don't have my regimen with me and my face still looks/feels great.

I love mixing my anti aging regimen with my dove soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove is hands down my favorite soap. It is gentle enough to use even when my skin is extremely dry and I can even use on my face. Sometimes when I need to back off of acne treatments I only use dove on my face for a week and it feels nice giving my skin a break.