September 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of my first brushes from MAC and it's an essential!! I use it most every day!! I Don't really like to use it as a crease brush but I do like to use use for the outer V, or if I'm winginging my eyeshaddow out a bit. I also use it for my inner tear duct, and also for applying shaddow like liner on my lower eyelid. It's built great! There is is no fraying or shedding, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

One of my three essential brushes for eyes (217, 239, 219). It works especially great to applying eyeshadow on my lower eyelids as a liner. For me it is too stiff for the outer V and crease even for just applying without blending but maybe I will master it later on. I recommend this! Quality is great and doesn't shed at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by olystacy

This and my 217 and 239 are my go to brushes. I couldnt live without this brush. It works well for lower eye lining and the crease and v. I was talked into this brush by the counter salesewoman at MAC and I am glad she talked me into it because I use it every day. Perfect and none like it that I have found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

This and my 217 blending brush are my 2 must-haves. I can do my eye make-up with just these 2 brushes and they make it super-easy and quick! I have no issue with rubbing off numbers even though I have been using them daily for several months (yes, they are authentic and I purchased them from MAC store). Their white color is also not an issue. MAC brush cleanser is the solution :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice for precise application of eyeshadow on the inner corners of the eye. GREat for outer v shading too! It is nice and dense. The ecotools smudger brush cannot even compare with the density of this brush. Too bad it is white. It will be hard to clean. I gave packaging quality a 3 because the number rubs off. I am thinking of giving my MAC brushes a nice polyurethane coating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this brush. It's the only thing I use to highlight my inner corners, and apply shadow liner to my bottom lid.

Not my waterline though, waaaaay too scratchy for that.

It's also very good for sharp angles, and applying brow highlight, or if I wet it, it smudges or removes makeup to create the effect I want.

Very handy brush to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Honey87

This is an amazing brush, I don't know how I lived without it so long...it probably explains why my makeup didn't look so good lol. It allows you to do more intricate work on the eye, you can also blend eyeshadows under the eye for that smokey look and also can use it in the crease. I definately think this is a very important brush to have for eye makeup. The eye shader brush, the 217 blender brush and this are the holy trinity of eye makeup application as far as I am concerned. Expensive but worth it believe me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is indispensible to me for placing a nice light shimmery pop of color on the middle of my eyelids, or at the corners of my eyes. Itís also great for smudging out your liner Ė whether it be kohl or powder based. Itís one sturdy little brush that can pack a punch.
Itís especially great for us Asian girls with smaller eyelid space. When wielded lightly, itís great as a ďcreaseĒ brush. I imagine it is also pretty awesome for you ladies who like the defined crease look?
So far no shedding or deteriorating - the bristles on this brush can hold up to a rather intense scrubbing/washing.
I realize that other brands probably make an equivalent, possible for less than this retails, but I am quite satisfied with this brush Ė so much so that I have two of them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of this brush. It's scratchy and irritates my eyes; the bristles and handle smell horrible; and the hairs remain stained w/ eyeshadow (even after washing multiple times). Maybe I got a dud, but this is definitely going back! =(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could have only one brush, it would be this one. It is my go to brush for creating a smokey eye. I looooooooove this brush!!!