December 22, 2014 | 1335 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Cream Colour Base in Hush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a lightweight, creamy, peachy pink, multi-use product. Looks good as a cream blush as it revives my pale cheeks and adds that extra bit of oomph they need. It also makes for a great highlight on your cheekbones or cupid's bow. Exceptional on the lips in small amounts. Would not recommend for the browbone unless your complexion is medium-dark. Would not recommend as an eyeshadow base or a lid color as it will crease - unless that's what you're going for. Would recommend as a powder blush base (guaranteed to last all day this way). Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Any product that can make me look anywhere near innocent is just about close to a miracle as far as i'm concerned! Yes my friends, it's true, i'm afraid. Hush is the super smooth and creamy, peachier cousin of Shell. There are no sparkly surprises, here. I use this as a cream blush, a little on the centre of the bottom lip to give a fuller look or all over nude lips, to add a bit of interest. Not too much, though. Just a tiny bit. We haven't reached that 80's frosty revival just yet. Or did i miss it?
I have used it as an eye base on top of UDPP and then pack the pigment/shadow on top and it works fine. If this is all you have, then it's ok but there are much better eye bases out there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Popculturee

OMG i love this, i alway bring it in my makeup bag wherever i go.
if i didnt have time to do my makeup, ill take the Hush cream base blend it into the top of my cheekbones, down my nose. my brow bone, inner corner of my eyes and even my lips.

if you want an multipurpose which you can apply with your CLEAN fingers, this is the product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first tried cream colour bases I hated them... and I still do hate some of them, because I can't stand glitter all over my skin.. But with hush its different, this gives you a soft sheen-y highlight and with my skintone (NC 20) It only shows when the light hits it, so its not an obvious highlighter... which is lovely... would definately buy hush (and only hush) again....
EDIT: This really started to break me out heavily... so no wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I am always thrown by the "would you buy this product again" question. Especially when people say they love it but wouldn't buy it again because it will last so long. I always take the would you buy this product again to mean - would I knowing what I know now - purchase this item again because I think it's a quality product.
And for Hush Cream Color Base - YES, I would buy this again.
Multi-purpose, beautiful Hush CCB.
I am very fair skinned and I use this as a highlight, sometimes as a glow/barely there cheek color - when I wanna look like I'm not trying, as an eyeshadow base. It's a stunning sheer peachy(with a tinge of pink) sheen.
It makes my skin glow. I use it to amp up neutral matte blushes. Above my cupid's bow it makes my lips look fuller.

I really think this is a must have.
(now if you own 50 million highlighters already - I can see you shunning that statement.) I think this is better than Benefit HighBeam - because it is less frosty icy pink than HighBeam. This is the product that I would give to someone just starting out with highlighters - it's easy to blend.

I prefer to use my fingers to warm the product up ---
I think that brushes don't spread CCB's propertly. - JMHO.

LOVE THIS STUFF.
I prefer it to Pearl CCB - which is also lovely - but better for winter. Hush is great year round and perfect way to bump up a glowy summer look.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this product is okay. As a highlight its alright its okay but I wasn't overly impressed, as a base for a powder highlight its pretty good. As a eye shadow base it was alright too. I didn't find that it creased and with the right color I think it could look pretty steller. But over all I don't think its a must have. If you don't have a lot of makeup its probably a good buy as it can be used for multiple things blush base/highlight or highlight base/ e/s base I think it can be used on lips to (have not tried that) but if you have a lot I don't thinks its a must have. I probably won't buy again when its used up just this color though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

I bought this a few weeks ago for myself for a close friend's bday party because I was performing for her family & friends. Since I was gonna be under a spotlight, I wanted my skin to be luminous and glowy in case of pictures and because of the performance. So I picked this up... And I fell in looove <3! This creates a prettiest sheen on my face (NC 37 for ref) and it doesn't look too overdone! The frost finish is perfect for light reflection and it gives me such a glow, without making me look oily. The color's (a peachy pink) lovely. I let my foundation set & I apply this right on top of my cheekbones in a "C" to the top of my eyebrows, under my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose, and right on my cupid's bow. Looks fabulous, will buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I tried CCB Virgin Isle as a Blush, I figured that MAC's CCB's aren't that bad. So I went off again and bought Hush and I gotta say, it's a hell of a highlighter. When I don't want to use my MSF's, I'll use this one. It does give off a very natural glow to the cheekbone (for reference I'm an NC42/43). It's a pretty impressive high light. I apply it with my finger. Since it is a CCB, it can be applied damn near everywhere. So I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can only agree with all the other ones that gave 5 lippies!
Multiple use product, lasts for hours and hours, best base for powder blush ever - and all that without being too glittery or irritating my combination skin.
*wow* I will def. buy other cream colour bases too!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Originally I went in for Pearl CCB, but both counters near me had sold out. I was really wanting a cream highlighter for my 21st that weekend, so the SA recommended I try out Hush. I was sceptical at first, I'm so fair and I always though Hush was better on warmer or darker complexions. But I was pleasantly surprised! It looks so natural and is perfect for during the day when I feel my skin is a little lacklustre. It looks great at night too, but I think a lighter colour on my skin would be more dramatic (so I'm still after Pearl!). I also like the versatility of it. I tried it on my eyes over a Fyrinnae primer, and it really intensified my eyeshadows. There was some creasing as the day wore on, but certainly not enough to be noticeable or to reduce the effect of the eyeshadow. I reckon I could build it up a bit and wear it as a blush too. This is the best product I have tried from MAC, and is probably my most favourite thing out of all my makeup at the moment. I just love it to bits. I think this would probably look great on a variety of skin tones, and I will definitely buy this again when I run out, as I expect I will!