December 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear mascara but when I do, I want it to look natural but I still want to get all my lashes, including those on the inner and outer edges of my lids. Invariably, this means getting too much mascara, and "clumps" on my lashes or I end up with lashes clumped together. This nifty little metal comb separates all my lashes beautifully, so that it doesn't look like I've got gobs of mascara on my lashes. My lashes look darker, longer and thicker but still natural! A great little tool but do be careful - the "teeth" of this comb are needle-sharp so take your time and watch what you're doing so you don't hurt yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After years of using those flimsy plastic lash combs, I finally purchased this metal lash comb and I'm mad at myself for going so long without it! This is a truly essential tool for anyone who wants defined lashes and hates clumps. I use this after my mascara has dried (I use CoverGirl Lash Blast) and gently comb through my upper and lower lashes a few times. Just a warning: be very careful not to poke yourself in the eye with the metal teeth! I poked myself in the eye a few times when I first starting using this lash comb and it really hurt. But as long as you're careful, you'll be fine and the results are definitely worth the extra care and time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I bought this years ago and had to retire it because I actually couldn't get it through my freshly macara'ed lashes AND I stabbed my finger but good with the damn thing. But I recently found myself without any old spools sitting around to comb out clumps and I pulled this old thing out. Then I was inspired. As I was cleaning the dried old mascara out of the teeth, I pulled some of the teeth out so that there is more space between them. For me, this makes this comb useable. The teeth actually go *through* my lashes, separating them from each other and removing clumps. But yes, I still have to be careful!
*******EDIT********That's it. I accidentally poked my lash line with this little MF and then a bump formed, and the next day all of my lashed in that spot were gone. Oddly, they regrew but then fell out again. It's been 6 months. I knew I had to be careful, but accidents still happen.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kateam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

.....Pros: Separates lashes, removes clumps and excess mascara. Has gold-plated teeth to resist rust; it folds to protect the comb.

.....Cons: Can remove more masara than you want it to.

.....This lash comb is good for someone who wants a natural look. If you use a volumizing mascara or if you like to use a LOT of mascara, the teeth of the comb are so close together that they can squeegee the mascara right off your lashes!

.....Even though it's Tweezerman, the plastic parts are very lightweight and kind of flimsy. That might not matter, because a tool like this doesn't get a lot of wear and tear... but I was hoping for a sturdier item.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by maggiemari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, 4.8? How the heck did this thing get this rating? Sure, it does a great job of separating your eyelashes, as long as you don't mind running the risk of blinding yourself every time you use it. I was just inspired to write this review after a few times using this lash comb, because a few minutes ago I wasn't paying attention while folding it closed and my finger was in the way. It actually gave me a deep, profusely bleeding puncture wound on the top of my middle finger. And you're supposed to put this thing near your eye? I don't want to pur it near any part of me!! I love Tweezerman, but this lash comb is seriously on my list of worst beauty tool ideas EVER. The price and packaging quality were fine, but I'm rating them 1 because this lash comb should NOT have anything pushing its rating up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this thing! I had to get it following reading these reviews and I was not let down. I hate when my lashes clump altogether. I have wee small lashes and I have recently become a mascara lover to give my eyes more definition. My lashes are nothing to brag about in terms of length, but in terms of "lash count" I have a lot. It becomes a problem because thanks to their volume, they can get clumpy easily.This helps clean them up and give them a soft, fluttery look. The combs are very thin and sharp. I hesitate every time I put this near my lashes. My 20/10 vision is a huge disadvantage with this thing. The nearer it gets to my eye, the bigger, clearer, pointier and sharper it looks. But one swipe of this, and all the clumps are gone. My lashes get separated beautiful and the look longer. It fits in my bag great too. I don't think people need to be warned, but do not use this in a car. Or anywhere dangerous. Just saying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best eyelash comb ever! But be carefull when using it, this baby is SHARP!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by seniorita

This little thing may look like a torture device but it is nothing short of amazing! Gives my lashes a pretty fanned out look and no clumps! I don't even need to use an eyelash curler with this as I make sure to brush it and my mascara upwards during application...such a bonus because I use mascara everyday, and I find when I use curlers, lash breakage follows no matter how great the curler. So easy to use, even if you need to be careful not to poke yourself...I'm always concentrating when I'm applying eye makeup anyways. Oh! Sometimes I use the end of the handle as a cuticle pusher on my nails when I'm too lazy to find my actual cuticle pusher. I will always have one of these in my makeup bag :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, Latisse girls can skip my review you've got the help you needed. I will speak to those unlucky few who r like me either supersensitive to most products eyes, have light-colored eyes or just afraid to bring anything so chemically infested near their preciuos mirrors of soul.
BUT I do want my eyelashes to be long, fluffy and defined. I was always wondering how it was possible to create such a naturally separated look on anybodies lushes.
My search is over. This tiny comb with needle like bristles does it all - distributes mascara along the lash evenly (no clumps or spidery look), separates it so you get that falsies (not cheap fake eyelashes but astonishinly beautiful) look and for me it helps to curl my eyelashes a bit (I still use an eyelash curler but i believe it helps to define it more).

I use it with both a primer and a mascara of my choice (I m actually revisiting some of the old ones that I used to dislike for clumping but now I ve got the solution!). I wouln't recommend this tool with a particilar type of mascara - fiber lenthening one (I believe Anna Sui Long Lash). It will strip the fibers of the lashes hence diminishing the effect. The only complain or advice I ve got is that you need to clean the brush after each use (sometimes after each eye if you r doing more than 2 layers). I use soft kids tooth brush (it has a perfect size and bristles are soft and more delicate) and just a bit of alcohol (for waterproof Mascara) or just water (don't forget to rinse off the alcohol afterwards though). Otherwise it will get clumped between the needles and won'tbe as effective (you will see it for yourself)
I love how it helps Lancome Hypnose Drama achieve the fullest effect. I think paired together they r unbeatable combo. My droopy white sparse lashes touch my brows when I use this.
I keeps experimenting with my old mascaras that I tossed and find that that's what I was missing in my mascara routine before. I know it adds an extra 2-3 min to my mu but it is the most dramatic difference (I d even skip my bronzer or lipgloss for that). in Canada it's available in London drugs (Walmart and Shoppers don't carry it). The price is $10 CAN but so woth it. I am thinking of buyin the 2nd one for my bag when I m on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by digitalparanoia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have lost mine and am going crazy without it another one of my HG tools. It is especially good for declumping the waterproof mascaras. The teeth are like tiny little needles and are super close together. This blows all those plastic comb type declumpers out of the water. Must find mine or get another.