July 28, 2014 | 992 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Cleanance Antishine Regulating Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

Finally a decent range that does what it says and doesn't cost the earth! I use this in conjunction with the avene soapless gel cleanser, mattifying toner and extremely gentler cleanser. This range cleared up my acne v. Quickly and has left my skin looking great. This moisturiser extend my breakthrough oil time, purifys my skin and keeps it healthy. A must have HG moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as part of my regimine with Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser, the mattifying toner lotion and the Cleanance K and it has completely cleared my acne. I am in love with the Avene line and will never use anything else ever again- my Holy Grail routine.was a mess. Within a week of using this and the other products I mentioned, my spots were gone and my skin was clear and smooth.
It doesn't irritate my senstive skin at all- even the toner (I have had big problems with toners stinging- every one I have tried! Except Avene)
It really does what it promises. Not too expensive as it lasts forever- like all Avene products (this regulating lotion runs out faster I find, as you need to use more).
Give it a go if you have senstive but spotty skin- or even if it's not sensitive.
I am so pleased I tried this as like I said- my HG now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by parablearc

Bit smaller tube than the other moisturizers, but I like the price and that's why I'd buy again. It moisturizes my acne prone skin. Not drying or overly oily afterward. I use this with two drops of jojoba oil at night. Feels very good, even by itself in the morning. I think I'm on my 3rd bottle now. would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started to use it on the reccomendation of my dermatologist and it worked fine while I had teenage acne, but now, when my skin is only oily it actually dries my skin too much. It was an excellent product, but my skin just doesn't like it anymore. It helped with acne, but didn't do so much with matifying and later it started to dry out my skin, so after I solved my acne problem I stopped using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Miulan

First of all, I live in Israel. Our climate is humid and very hot, so in the end of the day I'm left with greasy face and smudged makeup.
Cleanance is the first moisturizer that leaves my face matte for hours, and doesn't make me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by rs412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm updating my review. I went through about 4 tubes of this cream. It's a good oil-free moisturizer. You have to know what you're looking for because it doesn't provide too much moisturization. I would have to use Nivea cream on some of the drier areas because this cream doesn't do the job alone (esp. in winter).

Overall, good oil-free cream for your face if you have combo/acne prone skin. It doesn't make you break out but at the same time if you have dry skin...you would be using so much of it as it comes in a small tube. I paid around $30 CDN.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by cory39b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good moisturiser, although I agree with the other comments in that it is not super moisturising, so on those cold winter days something slightly heavier will be needed. However, it does mattify the skin leaving it feeling soft and my skin seems to like it a lot, especially when used with the Cleanance soapless gel cleanser! Definitely give it a try if your skin is not super dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Light facial moisturizer, intended for oily, blemish-prone sensitive skin, with subtly mattifying and smoothing effect. Also a decent mattifier on top of sunscreen, can be reapplied during the day.

I use it occasionally, on patches of the dreaded 30-something hormonal cystic acne - chin, sometimes jawline and around nose - affectionately known as "my lady-ghost-beard zone." This skin is otherwise normal to slightly dry, and sensitive, sensitive, sensitive: physically thin/delicate and easily irritated.*

I'd tried out heavier treatments for the old a***. Many were unsuitable as intended for the teenage version. Most were too strong; Cleanance K, for instance, was way too potent - a warning to other sensitives out there with similar skin condition: beware AHAs!

But Cleanance plain and simple was just right. There were a couple of ups and downs; this stuff works better if applied at least 15 mins. after washing and moisturizing (so once skin has settled down), and in a very light coat, patted on or pressed in gently rather than smoothed on.

My other current spot-control tactics: frequent yoghurt mini-mask (5 min) in the morning - general soothing - and honey dabbed on individual spots, left on for as long as possible. Sunscreen; no face makeup; a little arrowroot powder on chin and nose area.

Cleanance consists of a straightforward base, with lots of Avene water plus glycerin and silicones to moisten, zinc gluconate and low-dose salicylic acid (BHA) to deal with pimpliciousness, acrylate microcapsule business, and the enigmatic pumpkin seed oil that the Avene people claim to be "for long-lasting regulation of sebum secretion [...] tightens the pores and purifies the epidermis."

A little goes a long way, and goes on smoothly. Yes, there is a little scent, and yes, it might irritate some people. It's not the worst scent in the world, and it leaves fast. You can even lick your upper lip and tip of nose 5 minutes later and not taste it. This would not be possible with Cleanance K and others.

On other aspects - I found it works well. It does what it says: moisturizes and mattifies. Zits go down, and general zitty texture is evening out. I'm using this occasionally (TOTM), very lightly, on pimplier zones only. I found it irritating if I used more than a tiny quantity: rapid skin redness and inflammation, reduced just as rapidly by washing affected area with cool water and applying cool watr compress.

Incidental use: as a mattifier on top of sunscreen - this is the only way I can use it during the day, effectively buffered.

Cost EUR 12.00 for 40 ml tube. Apparently lots more in the US. Lasts a long time: I can see this tube lasting a good 6 months. Well-packaged, neat white tube with pretty pink decoration.

Two gripes (hence a 4). I might have preferred a flip-cap over the screw-cap, but that's a rather minor gripe. I do also wonder why Avene couldn't make this unfragranced, or use a masking fragrance that would leave this completely odourless - after all, some of their products manage to be unperfumed (amongst others the skin recovery cream, soothing eye cream, TriXera, Tolerance).

INGREDIENTS: Avθne thermal spring water (69%) • Cyclomethicone • Propylene Glycol • Glycerin • Polyacrylamide • Polymethyl Methacrylate • Water • C13-14 Isoparaffin • Zinc Gluconate (1.0%) • Butylparaben • Cetrimonium • Bromide • Dimethiconol • Disodium EDTA • Fragrance • Laureth-7 • Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin seed) oil (0.3%) • Salicylic Acid • Triethanolamine

*Avene's Skin Recovery Cream and Soothing Eye Cream are working well elsewhere. I'm loathe to be a fan of one brand, but I'm close to that unfortunate condition with Avene. Have loved most of their products thus far, of those appropriate to my skin type. continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by srammie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is the best moisturizer - oil control lotion I have ever tried. I have extremely oily skin and I have tried every oil free lotion out there. I saw the previous reviews here on Avene products and thought why not give it a try. They carry it at CVS which is very convenient. It controls my oil for hours even under makeup and it does not leave my skin flaky and dry. It truly is made for sensitive acne prone skinand I think that being a water based lotion really makes a big difference. Avene products are now my HG. I use this along with the Cleanance K (exfoliant!) at night and the Cleanance cleanser 2x per day. I also love that Avene products are affordable compared to department store brands and salon brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by attya

I love this moisturizer, is the best for my skin.