July 30, 2014 | 1183 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by theg6princess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

While I thought this foundation was okay, I wouldn't buy it again. I thought it was more of a tinted mosturizer than a foundation. I needed to put on a few layers to even cover up the redness on my face. Very hydrating though, I must say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this product is pretty amazing especially for the price and the quailty of it. For reference I have combination skin basically during summer it can tend to be kind of on the oily side and during winter it starts getting on the dry side. I'm tan so I usually don't put on foundation on but If I do I like foundation that's barely there. The foundation itself in my opinion is like a tinted moisturizer very sheer barely there coverage. It feels almost like a lotion or gel cream applying it and dries within a minute or two. It dries to a matte finish but you still have this nice glowy look. It's extremely light weight feels as though your wearing nothing. There are so many mixed reviews on this product. This is an all day hydrating makeup therefore if you have oily skin I wouldn't think this product would work for you. For the people that are saying it's cakey I did not find it to be cakey at all these people must be applying way too much. This foundation is sheer and will not cover much so your only going to get bad results if you continue to pile it on. I would recommed this product to someone with combination/dry skin. If you want barely there sheer coverage that is natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MissTaraKat

This is actually one of my favorite foundations. The only problem I have with it is that the lightest shade is still too dark unless it's the summer, which is how it usually is with me, considering I'm really pale. But other than that I love the dewy look it gives me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I stumbled upon this product by complete and utter accident. I was visiting my family up north and forgot to pack my MAC foundation, so I immediately ran to the nearest grocery store to purchase a replacement. Seeing as my parents live in a small town, the only brand of makeup the store carried was CG, and this was pretty much the only liquid foundation, so I grabbed a bottle in 725 Buff Beige, and I must say that I am impressed. First and foremost, the color is perfect. It isn't pink at all and isn't orange either like MAC's NC shades. The formula is light and spreads evenly with ease... this foundation is easily applied with fingers. Great medium coverage and lasts a pretty long time. The only con is that it tends to make my skin more oily than normal, but seeing as it's cooler & dryer out it's tolerable for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by gdm96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I was looking for something that wasn't too lightweight, but wasn't as heavy as full coverage.

This has light-medium coverage that is very build-able, and blends into my skin wonderfully! It moisturizes well and has managed to keep my oil at bay/not clog my pores despite it's non-oil-free formula. My perfect shade is Sun Honey, and it's PERFECT. My exact exact exact skin color, not too dark, not too light, so when it blends in, it looks so natural and makes me look like I have perfect skin.

I recommend this anyone who is looking for a light weight foundation, that isn't as light as a tinted moisturizer, and still has a build-able coverage.

P.S. If you have lighter skin, and don't have cool undertones, beware. A couple of the lighter shades are very pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ssj2pizza

This makeup was like the first time I could find a makeup that actually matched my skin and didn't make me look too pink or too orange. I got this a while ago, in 725 buff beige, and tried it again today and still matches me. (I had recently bought some clinique makeup, and went to the store to have them match my skin, and it was way too pink when I tried it on at home( shade 01 alabaster (VF-N), and really too dewy for my oily skin.) Oh, and since I have oily skin, I mainly only use this in winter, because the dry air makes my skin so dry. (I use dream matte mouse in summer (gets rid of the shine) when i'm a bit tanner in Nude light 4.) But I love it, it applies well with fingertips, blends nicely and has just enough coverage for my face (acne scars). :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SoCal86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I will say that if you are looking for something with more coverage, this is not for you. I have very dry skin and this foundation feels great on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first tried this foundation I didn't care for it because I applied it with a damp sponge and it was very hard to distribute and looked splotchy on my skin. But today I applied it with my fingers and it made a world of difference!! I love that it leaves my skin looking dewy and glowy. I'm not sure if this will break me out, I'm really hoping it doesn't.***** :EDIT:***** I love the way this looks on me and the color is perfect but there's one BIG problem I have with this foundation. I can't stand the way it feels on my face!! It's so heavy and tacky!! I've tried everything to make it work, I've tried applying it in different ways, with and with out moisturizer underneath but still felt sticky. I'm just so bummed It really did have a goregous finish. I think I'm just about ready to give up on drugstore foundations :-/

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings, but bad is more in the mix than good.

I am fortunate enough to have pretty nice skin. Sometimes a little uneven in tone, but mostly, no break outs, smooth, nice skin. I thought I could use a little coverage every now and again, and if it can moisturize my dry skin at the same time.....SCORE!

Well, I was let down. Here are the pros and cons

PRO:
It provides me with just enough coverage to look like I'm not wearing make up but have even better skin! Yay!
It's light.
It's cheap
When I'm running around and sweaty, this reduces the red glow on my face.
CON:
Difficult to apply evenly
Doesn't moisturize
If my skin is a little dry that day, this makes it look worst!
I got a pimple the first day I wore it. (usually not a coincidence)
Makes my face feel sticky, so I feel compelled to wear a powder.

Ok. I'm use to going out bare skinned. I'm more opened to the idea of a very light moisturizer with some coverage, but not this one. Not again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

Loved it at first; it went on smooth and packaging was easy to use, but it broke me out. Not for me.