OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I already have a bright red, and some darker purple shades and was in search of a medium to dark red. It was a toss up between this and another OPI shade and I went with this one. In the bottle it appears dark red, but nothing too vampy. Once applied the color really seems to vary with lighting. In bright light it appears as a classic medium red, and in darker light its a deep red with plum tones. Once dried it has a high shine almost wet finish, and I found that two coats is perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

it's a very beautifull color....dosn't ship easily....this color is for chic and classy women...enjoy it

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This colour is a deep red, verging on the maroon side, probably could be described as a jelly finish. Average formula.

This is a beautiful, sophisticated red. Can be considered work appropriate, non offensive. I'd even consider this for a work interview. The colour to me says confidence, class, someone who wants to look good, who is glossy and knows what they are doing. On even, well groomed nails, this colour will look very chic. Long or short nails, no problem!

Three coats to reasonable opacity, slight visible nail line. Dries to a glossy finish, but after painting I always top it off with a high shine fast drying top coat.

Even though I own several colours similar to this one, I'll always want to have this colour in my collection. If you are going to a smart event and not sure what nail polish to wear, this colour will look appropriate every time.

When I am craving a dark crimson red, this is it. It's beautiful, it lasts a long time on the nail and it isn't too purple.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love!! New favorite red, perfect on my skin tone! Lasts about 4 days for me without chipping. I needed 3 coats to not get any streaks. Gorgeous deep red color, very classic. Looks beautiful on toes too.

Another one of my all time favourites! Malaga Wine is a classic rich berry-toned red perfect for any occasion. Goes on smoothly, fully opaque after a second coat. Drying time is decent and it has a gorgeous shine to it. Perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the perfect red on me. Usually I wear dark reds because lighter ones look too orange or pink against my fair skin. Malaga wine though is the perfect shade. The only problem I have with it is that it looks more burgundy/brown indoors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love malaga wine!!! it always brightens up my skin and the red is not too red. Just nice for all occasions!

My mom has been on a hunt for the best red shade. We are both very fair-skinned, but I have dark Italian hair and she is blonde. On a shopping trip, I suggested this shade based on the rave reviews I read all the time. It was too deep on her fair skin, but luckily I inherited the bottle.
I LOVE it. I love that it looks different colors in different lighting. It varies between a deep autumn brown to a medium rich red in full sun. I only wear my manicures for a week at a time as I hate any sign of deterioration, but I know this shade does not chip within a week. The formula is a delight. I use Butter London Nail Foundation underneath and Essie Good to Go topcoat (I hate the OPIs for base and top). This is the only color that my husband compliments, telling me I have "really pretty nails" (he normally doesn't care). I am finishing grad school and starting the interview process for post-graduate work. I wouldn't wear it to an interview, but I find this shade both work and play appropriate. Though I normally switch shades weekly, I've had this one on for 4-5 weeks. Beautiful, sophisticated, and playful all at once.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this nail polish!
To me this is more of a fall/winter nail polish, since this comes in the darker end of the red polish spectrum.
This wine red color looks beautiful on my NC30skin (asian, yellow toned).
I am an absolute sucker for red polishes. I wear nothing BUT red polishes. And this is definitely one of my faves for the cooler months when I do not feel like going bright nor orangey-red with my red polish. Once again, LOVE.

Top Rated OPI Products