OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 9/19/2011 11:05:00 AM

My mom has been on a hunt for the best red shade. We are both very fair-skinned, but I have dark Italian hair and she is blonde. On a shopping trip, I suggested this shade based on the rave reviews I read all the time. It was too deep on her fair skin, but luckily I inherited the bottle.
I LOVE it. I love that it looks different colors in different lighting. It varies between a deep autumn brown to a medium rich red in full sun. I only wear my manicures for a week at a time as I hate any sign of deterioration, but I know this shade does not chip within a week. The formula is a delight. I use Butter London Nail Foundation underneath and Essie Good to Go topcoat (I hate the OPIs for base and top). This is the only color that my husband compliments, telling me I have "really pretty nails" (he normally doesn't care). I am finishing grad school and starting the interview process for post-graduate work. I wouldn't wear it to an interview, but I find this shade both work and play appropriate. Though I normally switch shades weekly, I've had this one on for 4-5 weeks. Beautiful, sophisticated, and playful all at once.

on 9/10/2011 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this nail polish!
To me this is more of a fall/winter nail polish, since this comes in the darker end of the red polish spectrum.
This wine red color looks beautiful on my NC30skin (asian, yellow toned).
I am an absolute sucker for red polishes. I wear nothing BUT red polishes. And this is definitely one of my faves for the cooler months when I do not feel like going bright nor orangey-red with my red polish. Once again, LOVE.

HG red. End of discussion. Even better than her sister "Got the Blues for Red" which I believed to be my HG (NC25).

on 7/29/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful colour, looks to be different shade under different lighting. Under sunlight it appears red, under indoor lighting, it appears brown. Whenever i wear this colour, i just cant stop looking at my nails to see how it looks like under different lighting. Received many compliments on this colour. Wearable colour for all occasions.

on 6/25/2011 1:36:00 PM

My go-to red. Classy, elegant and really easy to apply. Actually my first OPI ever and still like new.

on 5/27/2011 6:55:00 PM

I love this classic red color... It's very elegant... I bought this polish about 3 years ago, used it yesterday, and it's like brand new... it's not goopy nor runny... still in perfect shape... It last about 4 days without chiping, with a top coat (I use essie to dry for or seche vite) i found that without a top coat, it kinda leaves residue on paper (i work in an office, so im always handling papers and it kinda scratches of if not using a top coat)...
Manicure: 2 coats malaga wine
Pedicure: 1 coat malaga wine

on 5/3/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Along with my Yves St-Laurent # 3 this is my favorite bloody red wine polish ! Such a classic color , I always get compliments on the color .. Looks great on short nails .

on 5/1/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This comes so close to my HG (Chanel lotus rouge). Gorgeous deep red. I like OPI brush much better than the one of Chanel though. It's wide and it covers much better. I'd say this is my #2 HG - it just doesn't hold up as well as Chanel does and chips in 2-3 days :) But definitely recommended, it's a gorgeous color!

on 3/9/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A very classy classic red. It's professional, fun, sultry, mature and appropriate for all occasions. Along with Lincoln Park, it's my other hands down favorite polish. And I just love OPI finishes and formulas.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is such a classic dark wine red. Better than the Lincoln Park After Dark goth color look. Office friendly, doesn't attract a huge amount of craziness to your nails. Looks very polished and classy. Vampy but not trashy, definitely a staple! (NC 35, for reference)

Popular Polishes