October 1, 2014 | 1691 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vamp #18

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by lemmons84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is the bomb--one of the best nailpolishes out there ANYWHERE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start by saying that I own quite a few super dark shades..over 24 at the moment. The ones I have that are closest to Vamp are Essie Wicked, Revlon Vixen, OPI Black Magic Mountain, OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ, and Isa Dora Midnight Red. I have to say that I find Vamp's color unique. It has a nice balance between plummy and red tones with a deep, subtle shimmer that shows up in sunlight. The rest of the time, it looks like a glossy creme that's somewhere between the color of dried blood and a dark bing cherry. Colorwise, I do agree that Vamp has something that it's many clones just haven't been able to capture. It's that subtle shimmer that Chanel does so well. That being said, I prefer the darker Essie Wicked with its dried blood look or the darker and more eggplant tones of OPI Black Magic Mountain. Both also last much better on my nails than Chanel's formula. I know that some people get great wear out of Chanel polish, but I am not one of them. This is my fourth Chanel and performance is as lackluster as always. With Vamp, I had noticeable tip wear after 8 hrs. Granted, even the best performers only last 3-4 days on my nails, but for the price, I expect Chanel to at least perform at the same level as the best. I wish I would have learned my lesson the first 3 times that I tried Chanel. I would not get this polish again and if I keep my current bottle, it will be just to have this famous polish in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Maverick8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very sexy, creamy, and ultra shiny blackend red. My favorite of the "vampy" colors. I love that it takes only 2 thin coats to get streak-free gorgeous coverage. I've had great luck with Chanel's lasting power and this one did not disappoint. Dark colors can tend to chip quickly, but I got 6 days of great wear out of my mani. A staple in my n/p wardrobe.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2006 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover17

great maroon color, but weird packaging and a bit too pricey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by qwendy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't be fooled into thinking that the Vamp you just bought at the Chanel counter is the original one, which was called Rouge Noir (Red Black = Ripe Black Cherry)! The current vamp, as one reviewer noted is more like BBQ sauce, very nice, just not the Vamp you may have heard of for years, which is only available in Europe as Rouge Noir!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover15

beautiful maroon color. gorgeous packaging. kinda weird that the top screws off and a bit pricey. overall: excellent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Geekgurl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's nice, but not as wonderful as the hype would have you believe. As mentioned below, Mrs O'leary's BBQ by OPI is very similar. I love rich deep reds, and this one was nice. But I have others as nice for far less money. And very slow drying. Just not a HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 8:39:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

Finally caved and tried this much-raved about color after previously trying and liking Essie Wicked. Vamp is a gorgeous, blackened-red with an underlying purplish tone. Similar to Wicked, but I think I like Vamp a little more. I also hope that Chanel does not chip as quickly as Essie, my biggest gripe with the Essie line. As with Wicked and any other dark color, you have to take your time and apply thin coats, but your patience will pay off...Vamp is such a classy color and perfect for these colder winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mdmbutterfly369

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this color. It is both sexy and classy. You need to use a base and top coat with this. Dark colors do not last as well and any error can be seen a mile away.
This shade looks best on short, rounded, well manicured nails anything to long could possibly be translated as trashy.
Alas I think OPI has come up with a great sub for this shade. Mrs's O'Learys BBQ. Check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2005 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kl90z

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i had heard that this was a very talked about nail coler so i bought some it looked sexy and classic a very deep wine muave deep red coler that looked great it didnt chip like my other nail colers and went on in one coat i would buy this again through really expensive almost 26$ i loved it