October 21, 2014 | 2093 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by sharonaemy

I really love this mascara. On me, it doesn't clump at all, and looks very natural yet noticeably lengthens my lashes. It has kind of a liquidy texture that is unusual on mascaras but I really love it - especially as lash primers tend to make my lashes so dry, they can't even move. It really makes my eyes much wider - not saying it's as good as wearing false lashes but it is the best d/s mascara I have ever used to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Faceville1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this mascara for years and am disappointed that Sephora no longer carries it. I used to buy it at Ulta, which doesn't have a store in SF, so don't know where I'll get it.

It is the only mascara that doesn't come down onto my lower eyelids. It makes my lashes look longer and goes on easily. Just use the white base once then again on the tips of your lashes. It also lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by prettyvivid

i like the name! but it falls short for me after that. i am willing to try anything once. ok primer and mascara duo. application is easy. but it made my eyelashes look dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by beauty9584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the product 50% off so I thought I would buy a few items and try them out! I wasnt 100% satisfied, I must say! Like that it had the double ended sides and ones side is to lengthen and the other adds volume! To me it fell short and lashes seems dry and brittle by the end of the day! Which I dont like! I had lots of lash fallout and it hurts when they fall out!

I probably wouldn't buy this product agian!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by egoboost

This mascara made my thick lashes look sparse and dry. It also flaked onto my cheeks after a few hours of wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is just not worth the money. it separates but i was expecting a much more wow effect on application.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by russianGRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara to see how well it will work for me. I have few other products by Bourjois and like them a lot. The mascara is good but definitely not worth $18. For an expensive mascara like that I expected something more. It wasn't nearly dramatic enough. I like the mascara to be super black and to have a good contrast with my skin. This one was barely noticeable, as if I didn't put any mascara at all. had to put 4 coats to make it look a little like I want it too.
I will use this mascara till it runs out and it's nice and natural looking but not something I was looking to put on to go out.

Way too expensive for a regular nothing-special mascara. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my #2 favorite mascara. My #1 is Rimmel's lycra extending mascara (which is amazing!)

This Bourjois mascara really extends my lashes quite well, but that is all. it does not offer any volume. (unlike Rimmel's lycra one--which both extends and volumizes). but that's ok-- the result is very natural (imo) long-looking lashes.

I did notice some minor racoon eyes at the end of the day, but it was very minor (but something i don't have with Rimmel).

The white base takes some getting used to as well-- you can't put it on too thick or else the black #2 step will be clumpy.

Great if you want long-looking lashes but not thickness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by dreccles

This is the ONLY mascara I can wear that doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I don't know what I'd do if they ever discontinued it. The packaging isn't very sophisticated and I I prefer just to use the black colour end rather than both the white and the black, but it's hard to knock it when it's the only mascara on the market that doesn't make my eyes swell up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I used this mascara before I discovered my wonderful Shiseido primer. I got it in blue and it is a little dark, I like the more noticeable blues. This mascara clumps really badly though it does thicken, not much length, and there is so much better out there, I am a fan out Bourjois' Volume Glamour.