October 24, 2014 | 1795 users online

Polishes - OPI - Romeo & Joliet

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is gorgeous ONLY right after it's applied. The next day, and hereon after that, it turns into this boring one-dimensional reddish brown that I can't wait to take off in exchange for a brighter color. Big disappointment, and to think that I usually love dark red polishes with sparkles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Delicious burgundy with a distinct bronzey tone, deeply shimmery and glossy. This is similar to a few other OPI polishes out there, the most notable being "Russian to a Party," though R&J has a warmer tone due to the strong brown undertone and bronze shimmer in it.

ETA: Knocked off a lippie. I've noticed that it doesn't wear very well and isn't as glossy and dimensional after only a couple of days on fingers or toes (unless I apply a topcoat everyday).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by emmeline24

Wow! I held off on getting this color because it looked so brown in the bottle, but reviews (and nail board recommendations) finally persuaded me. Am I glad I got it! A very deceptive shade in the bottle - as I said, it looked brown to me - but on my nails it was a gorgeous, rich and warm slightly-browned burgundy. The shimmer is the perfect amount - not too glaring, but enough to cut through the deep color in sunlight. I also got the longest wear out of this polish than any other I've used! This is staying in my repetoire permanently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by exquisitefame

Romeo & Joliet is a deep burgundy-brown with subtle shimmers. Very pretty on toes and not overwhelming on fingers. I love this shade, but I was looking for something with a brighter red instead of subdued like R&J. Still a great colour overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What an amazing color. I had been coveting this a while and finally broke down and got it. When I looked at the bottle, I thought "uh-oh, this looks boring and repetitive" but I put it on my toes anyway. BAM! What a gorgeous lush rich color. Gorgeous deep burgundy red with a hint of brown undertone that makes it luscious, not muddy. Even better the shimmer is appreciable but not over the top. The bottle really doesn't do it justice (funny, it's usually the other way around). I love this color; I never want to take it off my toes, and given my pedi looks great at 2 and a half weeks, maybe I won't have to, LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

I definitely think red tones or polishes with red bases are my thing because I get the most compliments AND I can't stop staring at my tips when I'm wearing Romeo and Juliet! It's pretty and perfect. The color is amazing, a gorgeous browned burgundy with sheen and shimmer. The application was decent, 2 coats and it was opaque enough for my liking. I was able to get a couple days of wear out of it (before the tip wear started working my nerves). The pro-wide brush definitely made the application easier. Overall, a great addition to my stash and one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Clairey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This colour doesn't look so special in the bottle but it is gorgeous on the nails. It's perfect for fingers and toes and is nice and deep but not scary on the fingers. I highly recommend that everyone try this colour, aside from Lincoln Park After Dark it is my favourite deep OPI colour. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgrl

Gorgeous colour, can't stop wearing it. Always get compliments. It's so rich looking, almost a berry with gold. Last on my nails 4-5 days which is unusual for such a deep shade. LOVE LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 6:31:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

I used to think this was very red until I actually started buying real red polishes. Now, I see this as a bronzy, earth-toned red. I am very cool-toned and very pale; NW15. Identical, in my case, to Russian to a Party (because gold and bronze are all the same on my nails). Bordeaux before sex. Old blood red after it's dried. With glitz. How very Shakespearian.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 3:10:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

NLS72 Romeo & Joliet is a shimmery warm root beer burgundy. This is a gorgeous shade on fingers and toes.

I think this is the only nail polish I have ever repurchased.