September 21, 2014 | 1010 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jemayhew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As far as eyemake up removers go this seems to do an ok job, I would probably buy again in the future

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This make up remover does not remove waterproof make up. I kept wiping and wiping and there was still mascara left on my eyelashes. Not effective- I will be returning this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eye makeup remover! Most makeup removers leave a gross oily residue which is difficult to remove, and don't do a very good job of actually removing my mascara. This remover, however, actually manages to melt my non-waterproof mascara off without excessive rubbing or tugging - just patting a soaked cotton pad on my eyelashes seems to remove most of the makeup! - and the liquid has the consistency of water. I tend to liberally soak a cotton pad, and the remover doesn't sting my sensitive skin or even when I get it in my eyes. Best of all, it leaves no residue - it just leaves your skin clean! I tend to stock up because it's sometimes difficult to find this at my local drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I bought this, it stung my eyes. I wasn't thrilled. I wasn't sure if I'd buy it again. I have continued to buy this as I run out and it no longer stings. It's not the greatest but it is good enough when you don't feel like spending on something expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dubaibeilove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I super love this eye makeup remover. It is so gentle that it feels like water! I can compare it to Estee Lauder's gentle eye make up remover and this Rimmel brand is still the winner! Not only it is cheaper- the quality is better. They both feel just like water. But the Estee Lauder smudges your makeup more when you are actually trying to clean it (like cleaning up an eyeliner mess with a cotton bud). Plus a little goes a long way. I highly recommend it.

Cheap
Better than a high-end brand
Soooo gentle it feels like water

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by xomaddiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was on the hunt last night at my local drug store for an eye make-up remover that removes waterproof mascara and that wouldn't burn a hole in my wallet
This was on sale for 4.99 CAD (regular: 7.99) so I decided to give it a go seeing as it was the cheapest one there and I have heard a great review on it.
I was using the Quo one previous to this and although that one was good it was like 9.99 and left a greasy residue.
I must say, although the ingredients are a little off putting, this is a great product!
lightweight
non-greasy
and does a great job in removing waterproof makeup
I will definitely repurchase.

For the people who claim this product stings their eyes: it could be possible that while removing your makeup, your mascara/eyeliner had gotten in your eye making it sting. I know this obviously wont be the case for everybody, but I know personally no matter what remover I use, if that cotton pad soaked with mascara gets in my eyes, they sting like a mother-.
Im only saying this because last night, a drop of just the makeup remover dripped from my cotton ball into my eye (w/o any makeup on it) and I was really surprised that it didn't sting or make my eyes red!
Just a thought!

xx

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was truly awful. It burned my eyes. I do not recommend this product. I threw it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

at first I thought this was the best eye makeup remover and it is for the price but now I am on the lookout for something better. I soak a cotton ball with this stuff and press on eyes for about 5 secs, then wash my face following. When rinsing off my face dark makeup residue deposits underneath my eyes (raccoon eyes) even though I wipe my eyes with cotton ball till clear. Now I use this first and follow it for extra cleansing with Shiseido Cleansing Oil (and moisturizing). In my experience I think getting eye makeup off works best when using oils (coconut, olive, jojoba, etc,) because it is gentle and moisturizers on your eyes and it doesn't tug as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by saranging

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this for around $4.80 at Target on sale. The product gets most eye makeup off, although you have to kind of scrub at waterproof AND non-waterproof mascara (a definite con). Though you don't think it leaves an oily residue, once you start washing you face you will notice your skin feels slippery-- so definitely wash your face to avoid breakouts because this formula leaves a layer of something on your skin. For the price, it is a good deal because it gives you 4.2 fl oz of product. It removes all my eyeshadow and eyeliner and doesn't affect my vision or contact lenses. If you're not that into makeup and if you're just starting out, I suggest you try this makeup remover. This has nothing on my Shu Uemura Skin Purifer, but it's not too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lashesandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Personally, I love this product. I have sensitive eyes, and this is great for them... never stings or burns. It's fast, and removes all of my makeup, I don't normally wear waterproof mascara, but I have tried it on that and it worked almost as well. I do wear waterproof eyeliner and it's a breeze to remove. I also LOVE that you don't have to wash this off, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I hate rinse off makeup removers, since I always have to wash my face after wards, I just use my face wash to get the makeup off. I have tried quite a few, from really cheap Avon, to Clinique & Lancome (which are as HE as I can get here)... and I prefer this one.