MAC 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

4.5

on 3/2/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a famous, good selling MAC brush as it is "the" MAC brush for eyelining w/eyeshadows and liquid liners. However, the original #22 is a far superior brush. This #266 took its place. #22 was made in France as were all of MAC brushes back then. I believe they are mostly made in Japan these days. This happened once Estee Lauder bought MAC from Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. However, I will still maintain that MAC brushes are Wonderful in every sense of the word. Go into a MAC Retail Store or a MAC Pro Store and you will see an array of different brushes that will astound you! The department store only sell the more basic, best sellers and cannot afford to have "an open to buy" large enough but to carry what they do as MAC brushes are not cheap. They ARE worth every penny they cost. Here is a little MAC Brush History which helps explain their price: Most cheaper brushes start off with the same overall hair length. They are then cut by computer/machine to whatever specified brush shape is wished. The problem with this is when virgin animal hair is cut, it then has a "Flat" as opposed to "rounded" tip. The virgin tiped (rounded) picks up product (lets go with eyeshadow or blush powder for this history) much more evenly and spreads it out more evenly without "dropoff" (excess eyeshadow ending up under your eye.) The Ferrel (metal part which is between the hair and handle) is made of nickel plated brass and the hair is "crimped" then glued into the ferrel and "crimped" and glued into the handle. The handle is made of special wood (I forget) then laminated through layers to resist rotting when being washed. MAC only uses virgin (never trimmed before) animals which are well cared for the purpose of their hair for makeup brushes. They are free range and well loved and taken care of. Just as humans, animals loose a certain amount of their hair daily. Within 6 months or so an animals hair has all fallen out in stages until the hair which has been cut falls out and is totally replaced with their original virgin (rounded tip) hair. Then and only then will MAC use the virgin hair again for the manufacture of their brushes. I hope with this info you will never be "shocked" as to the price of MAC brushes ever again. Save if you have to, but buy MAC brushes as they are "the secret" as to that beautiful almost airbrushed look to a MAC Face!!! It's troublesome getting it any other way!

on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this brush with MAC Fluidline. This brush is good fot a thick line but not for thin. I have used it for years, and I still have a big problem using it over my left eye. I do a nice thin line on the right eye, and when it comes to the left one it always does a thick line, then I have to make the right one thick to match the left one and I hate going to wor with such a big liner. I tried tightlining with this one today while I am waiting to receive the LM flat liner brush. This brush is so rough and pointy that one area in my eyelashes started bleeding!!! I kid you not. I was shocked to see slight red blood, and could not believe it. This brush is hard and pointy which is good for an eyeliner but definitely not for tightlining. Please DO NOT use this for tightlining unless you want your lash area to bleed.

It has given me a good liner a few times, but I should not have to work so hard for it especially since I have been using eyeliner for years. I ordered a new thinner brush from LM and hope that one works out better. I tried this brush for smokey eye as well, but don't really like this brush much.

on 2/14/2012 9:43:00 PM

Due to the length of its handle and the sharpness of its head, this multifunctional eye product brush delivers excellent precise results.

Ideal for use with brow transforming products such as Benefits' Brow-zings and Laura Mercier's Brow Definer.

on 2/6/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love it. Use it for my brows too - much better than the 208 in my opinion (which I now use for gel eyeliners).

on 11/29/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am a woman of many talents but applying eyeliner is not one of them. With this brush I no longer stab myself, look like I put my eyeliner on while intoxicated or scare infants with my crazy lined eyes. Easy to use with powder or gel this is my Holy Grail of brushes.

on 11/12/2011 11:44:00 PM

This is the first ever proper make up brush that I splurged on I think 5-6 years ago and I still love it!!

It did take me a little while to learn to appreaciate it but once I learnt how to use it properly, now I can't live without it!

This brush always gives precise application of gel eyeliner and I can use it to draw a fine or a thicker line. It's also perfect for filling in eyebrows and creating a detailed look along the top and bottom lash line.

I've had the same brush for years and with a bit of care it has given the brush longevity. It's my most favoured and used brush amongst my collection. It's a wonder I haven't multiple... maybe I should

on 10/25/2011 4:39:00 AM

So awful. How can people buy this stuff knowing that animals are killed to make them?!

on 10/15/2011 11:48:00 AM

I have about ten or so MAC brushes. I use several different brands of gels - mostly MAC fluidlines and Bobbi Brown gels. I like this angled brush when I am trying to do a winged effect. I find all MAC brushes to be excellent, if a little pricey. The 239 brush is my HG one and I use it every single day. This brush is just the right thickness and consistency to work your gel products. I have also used this as an eyebrow brush when I use eyeshadow to fill my brows in. One of several MAC brushes I would buy again in a heartbeat - and have thought about owning two of them.

on 10/15/2011 8:33:00 AM

If you use gel eyeliner, I highly recommend this brush. This brush works well because of its thin, angled bristles. It allows you to draw a very thin line. I use Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners. The brush that she recommends using to apply this stuff is entirely too thick and has a rounded shape. That would be a disaster for someone with my small eyes who is looking to create a subtle line. I also recommend the brush cleaning spray that Bobbi sells. It easily removes the buildup of gel on the brush.

on 10/4/2011 4:39:00 AM

I LOVE this brush, basically. There's not much to say other than it does its job and it does it WELL. MAC brushes are pricey, but this one is well worth the investment. The bristles are stiff enough to hold up against a gel liner, but soft enough to pick up just enough dark eyeshadow - all while lining your eyes with enviable precision. Soft-haired bristles encased in your classic smooth trademark MAC black handle. LOVE IT. Would recommend it to all my friends. I've had mine for a few years now, and I think it'll be around for a while!

Popular Makeup Brushes