September 17, 2014 | 1209 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I have about ten or so MAC brushes. I use several different brands of gels - mostly MAC fluidlines and Bobbi Brown gels. I like this angled brush when I am trying to do a winged effect. I find all MAC brushes to be excellent, if a little pricey. The 239 brush is my HG one and I use it every single day. This brush is just the right thickness and consistency to work your gel products. I have also used this as an eyebrow brush when I use eyeshadow to fill my brows in. One of several MAC brushes I would buy again in a heartbeat - and have thought about owning two of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you use gel eyeliner, I highly recommend this brush. This brush works well because of its thin, angled bristles. It allows you to draw a very thin line. I use Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners. The brush that she recommends using to apply this stuff is entirely too thick and has a rounded shape. That would be a disaster for someone with my small eyes who is looking to create a subtle line. I also recommend the brush cleaning spray that Bobbi sells. It easily removes the buildup of gel on the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this brush, basically. There's not much to say other than it does its job and it does it WELL. MAC brushes are pricey, but this one is well worth the investment. The bristles are stiff enough to hold up against a gel liner, but soft enough to pick up just enough dark eyeshadow - all while lining your eyes with enviable precision. Soft-haired bristles encased in your classic smooth trademark MAC black handle. LOVE IT. Would recommend it to all my friends. I've had mine for a few years now, and I think it'll be around for a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by missashley884

This is a brush I use every day. I use it for eyeliner as well as getting a nice straigh winged look on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by poiverz

I bought this brush because I heard rave reviews about it. I have to say, I'm not a fan. It's thicker than I would like it to be. I don't mind the rough texture of the hairs, however there are a few that spread outward which makes it harder to create a perfect, thin line. I also would like it if the handle were a little bigger. I used it a few times before returning it to MAC, it just was not worth the CAD$23.50. I have another angled eyeliner brush (I forgot the brand, I bought it at winners at 5 brushes for $7) that works the same way, along with the Ecotools brush. It's not a terrible brush but I think there are cheaper AND better alternatives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Nice brush, but it's a bit too big to be really precise (especially when creating a winged eyeliner look) and the bristles are kinda harsh. I'm glad I bought it but I wouldn't buy it again, some cheaper brushes work almost/just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by romancenovel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When the MAC lady handed it to me after I asked for a brush to apply powder eyeliner, fear and apprehension were painted on my face. Me? Use an angle brush? I mean, I'm not the person with the most dexterity. That's why I was quite suprised by how easily it could be used! It apply shadow quickly and nicely. Plus, it washes up well too because it's not that thick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've had this brush for 6 years now. It's in very good still, I take good care of it and make sure to only wash the front part of the brush avoding getting the wood wet. I use this for gel eyeliner, also to pat on Carbon eyeshadow on top so that the gel sets. When I use MAC Smoulder on my eyelid I use the 266 brush to pull the colour inwards towards my tear duct and outwards. It gives me excellent control. It's almost dummy proof for gel eyeliner IMO. If you use Blacktrack yet don't have the most steady hand this will make the job far more easier if you put a little amount on, wipe off excess and just pat along the eyelash and then go over again if need be.

Anyways, I haven't had any bristles break loose thankfully, I have noticed that when I reshape after washing it isn't as full despite never seeing any bristles come out. And I always worry about the front coming loose because I do wash this very often (twice a month) and it goes through some abuse in my makeup bag. I will repurchase again in a year or two.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by KakaKiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to do my gel/cream liner and was VERY disappointed. i have small lids so i have developed a very steady hand to create thin and precise lines, because with these tiny lids you cant get away with a thick or messy line.
well i was being all precise as usual with the 266 and i ended up looking like amy winehouse (RIP). super thick black line. its impossible to create a thin line with thise brush. yuck

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by willhe2020

this could stand to be a bit thicker but its a nice brush