November 26, 2014 | 1403 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Nail color

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by RoxxAnn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product turned my nails extremely yellow and has caused them to be very damaged and peeling. BEWARE!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 3:38:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a fan of Revlon's Colorstay line. Their eyeliners are fantastic. However, I do not like this nail polish. Ok, it goes on great and actually looks pretty good after a few days. BUT, when you try to take it off...good luck. This stuff is like super glue on the nails....I couldn't get this stuff off to save my life. Like another reviewer said, it takes like 10 min. a nail. I finally figured out that it peels off if you can grab an edge and that makes it much easier and faster to take off. However, you're probably taking a layer of nail off with it. I have much better luck with an ordinary nail polish covered with a layer of Sally Hanson "No Chip" top coat. In fact, I have it on now with a Loreal color and it has been on for a week with a minor chip on my pointer finger, and it still looks great. Ladies...steer clear Revlon Colorstay nail polish unless you have plenty of time on your hands (no pun intended) to take it off!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 3:40:00 AM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best nail polish I've ever used. Definately beats all of those expensive nail polishes that I've used in the past that chip after only one day. It stays on so long, I can't believe it. It always looks fresh. I get a lot of compliments on how great my nails look. They need more colors though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've reviewed this polish elsewhere (Invincible Bronze, Sheer Camisole, and Infinite Ivory, among others) so I won't get all redundant on you, but I did want to mention my recent discovery. I ran out of non-acetone polish remover--I'd had the bottle for eons, regular old Cutex non-acetone (in the pink bottle) and I bought a bottle of acetone polish remover (Cutex yellow bottle). MISTAKE! I could not get this polish off with the acetone remover to save my life! It softened, but was completely stubborn. I had to run to the store the next day and get another bottle of non-acetone remover.
I don't know what all this means, but I knew I needed to share the info with makeupalley folks.
Some other comments I didn't include in my other reviews: I wish they had more colors in this line; Revlon, are you reading? Let's get on the stick with that, k? And while I'm talking to Revlon: how about providing a thinner, or instructions on how to thin on your website. My bottles thicken up pretty fast. I've been thinning it with regular thinner but wonder if it's compromising the long-wear qualities. I still love it though. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2004 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Chrysynthia2

I use this primarily on my toes, since it does tend to chip a bit on my fingers (on my fingers I use their Always On). The coverage is great, the polish isn't too thin or too thick so it goes on smoothly and evenly. I have several bottles, and will be buying more- especially since they have those cute little stocking stuffer sets that are essentially two for one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon nail polish is a fantastic bargain. The color wears well and doesn't chip as bad as other drugstore brands (even if you forget your topcoat). What makes the color go on smooth is the brush which outranks some other budget brands. What color to choose? Amber Ablaze is wonderous autumn pumpkin, Autumn Berry is a deep brown-plum with shimmer and Sandstorm is a summer perfect shade of bronze.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2004 8:44:00 AM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I suck at applying nail polish, but after reading such good reviews, i picked up a set of endless pink.

This stuff dries quicker than my old revlon nail color and with no air bubbles/streaks, which is good.

But then I messed up somehow, after putting on two coats of color and one coat of the top coat. So I had to take it all off. And it was so hard getting it off. I literally spent close to ten minutes on one finger, just rubbing and rubbing. It was such a pain, that I tossed out the color and kept the topcoat.

The color isn't anything spectacular. In fact, it looked a little weird with my medium skin, like really fake.

So I will never repurchase this but I'm keeping the top coat for a quick polish when I need it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2004 10:51:00 PM More reviews by GoodGirlsBleed

I HATE THIS. I cannot stress enough how much I depsise this. The color I own is a very vampy red, and even with a base coat my nails were stained orange for two weeks. When I tried to remove it, the nail polish smeared everywhere and dyed my skin. Yuck. A "cover your ass and run" kind of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 10:57:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

mark my words... i will never ever EVER buy another brand of nail polish again. i have no need to now that i have found Colorstay. i picked up More & More Merlot on a total whim, and was scared to try it for fear of being disappointed. i put one coat on and left it on overnight to make *sure* it was dry. then i added a second coat, however i really love dark, rich colors so i added a third coat. the coats dried relatively quickly, then i added the topcoat and was extremely impressed by the shine. the nail polish stayed on for well OVER A WEEK, with a topcoat touch up about everyday. it did chip off of my thumb nail after the second day, but that's because i closed my finger in a dryer. so the polish isn't idiot proof, but that's ok with me. :) the color of More & More Merlot is a deep reddish wine color, which always looks classic. price is about $5, but they go on sale frequently and sometimes there are coupons in the newspaper. also, i have never had any problem with this coming off with nail polish remover. however, i do notice a stench after the polish has dried on my fingers. for me, that's a small price to pay for the best nail polish on the market!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by katbecker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these, too, and find that they last really well, but agree that most of the colors stink. For work I wear neutrals or soft pinks, but the ones in this line are just "off" for my skin color (LLL?).