April 19, 2014 | 840 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by conisaxx

This was the first mascara I've purchased back when I started using makeup and I still use it years later. I like the BIG brush, the formula, everything! I've tried many disapointing mascaras in the past to go back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Very rich black, more so than more high end brands I've tried. When I want the darkest lashes I use this. I like the formula too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Recently I have been striving to give myself a more natural look. All that I have been using is concealer under my eyes, liquid foundation around my eyes, powder on my face, and a bit of mascara. You can see why mascara is important to me. I do the "blink into the brush" technique, so sometimes I get a little messy and it smears, but it rubs right away from skin, thankfully. The spiral design of the brushes is alright, just okay. It's thankfully not too short, but I have worked with shorter (talking to you, Almay!). I am blonde, so my lashes also are a golden color. I'm also not trying to brag, but my lashes are super long also, almost crazily long. This darkens them up, and adds length without much effort in a coat or two. It can get kind of clumpy if you layer too much, and makes the "spider lash" appearance which doesn't look very natural, but does look dramatic. I have been asked on several occations if my eyelashes were fake while using this mascara, and have usually been doubted when I told them that they were not fake. It does a good job of volumizing and lengthening. It also gets into the bottom lashes easier than most, and dabs some darkness on the lower to add to the effect. Spoon brushes and ones similar ot the clunky appearance are great for adding volume to upper lashes, but are absolutely horrible at reaching all of the bottom lashes! I use Maybelline Volume'Express The Falsies to add an extra boost when needed to my upper lashes over this mascara. The brush on that one is even worse about smearing, expecially when used without this product. It also costs a bit more and comes with about half as less product. I saw a friend's mom doing this though; she bought The Falsies brand, used it up, kept the spoon brush, and used the brush for this mascara. Brilliant, or what? This mascara takes forever to use up with daily use. It comes with .43 oz of product which is a steal. It is one of the cheapest out there, not to mention the formula is not very runny/watery. I've probably bought around 15 of these, I have been using these since makeup itself, the original was my first mascara ever. Have these laying everywhere; in bags and rooms and cars. Since I have already bought so many and used just as much, I hope it's obvious I will repurchase. Safe for my contact lenses, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by krisalys87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Cult classic! Lasts a long time without drying. Not too thick, and makes lashes fuller without weighing them. Doesn't make lashes too crunchy.

The only reason I might not consider buying is because I'm trying got be more animal friendly with my cosmetic purchases.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Kaylapaxton

Why is this mascara still being sold? Hardly anyone likes Great Lash to begin with, and then they throw in blackes black, and big, and all of these other products that don't make lashes look better than they do naturally!
My biggest problem with this mascara is that the wand is absolutely terrible. It makes my lashes look ridiculously spider-esque. The wand is extremely lame. I was going to throw this mascara away, but then I had an idea. I picked up some of the mascara applicators they have at sephora, and I use those to apply the product instead. And let me tell you those are amazing.
Other problems i have with this mascara is that it takes forever to dry and always finds a way to get onto my eyelids and under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know that Great Lash gets many negative reviews, but for *me* personally, I like it. I think it works great on my naturally long lashes to make them darker, thicker, and even longer. I just need a couple coats, and my lashes look almost fake. I like to try out different companies, so I can't say if I'll repurchase after my current tube is finished, but this is a great mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by mairixlowe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is cheap, doesn't clump, dries quickly and comes off easily with makeup remover.

However...

it smudges REALLY badly :/, and I don't rub my eyes, cry, swim, get them in rain etc. it just does smudge. I think it is a good mascara and if it didn't smudge so badly I would definitely buy it again because it makes my lashes look great! Until it smudges.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by FabCo

I bought this mascara after I watched a few make up artists videos praising this product; unfortunately it didnīt worked for me at all.

I liked...nothing, not even the price, there are far better mascaras available in my country for a tenth of the price.

I extremely disliked almost everything: the small brush and tiny bristles, how difficult is to apply and remove, but most of all, how uncurled, clumpy -and even shorter- my lashes looked.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this mascara years ago due to all the rave reviews it was getting in magazines,etc. I didn't like it then and thought I would try again. Bottom line is it's awful...worse than much cheaper counterparts.(1) It seems to take forever to dry, therefore always leaving marks above and below my eye(2) Leaves lashes clumpy looking and dried out.
I think Lash Stiletto is a much better product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great Lash Mascara. Black.
Honestly I did not have high hopes for it and truly it was a waste of money. While application is great (the wand is one of the best I've tried) and I like the design, this mascara did not stay on my eyelashes. Only a couple of hours after application I had black mascara circles under my eyes. What a dissapointment. To the garbich where it belongs.