Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/1/2013 3:23:00 AM

This is one of the only mascaras I'll bother with. I'm not a huge fan of the brush, but I can live with it. It's simple, cheap, effective and it works like a charm. I even like how the tube is green and pink! Be prepared to peel the little label sticker off though, cause it starts to come off within a week.

on 12/24/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So i bought this mascara today not expecting much. i hear great things about all the great lash stuff so i thought spending $4.44 wasnt so bad. Now i apsolutlely refuse to spend over twenty dollars on a bunch of high end mascaras. You can ALMOST always find a dupe for common high end mascaras. So if your buying a high end mascara, really think hard about it. It may not be worth it if you can find one just as good at walgreens.

So to continue my mild rant about this mascara, i came home eager to see what the hype about this was about. And as i expected, i wasn't impressed. Now i am not big on mascaras. I have really unruly lashes so its hard for me to find good mascaras. They are naturally curly (NO, ITS NOT A GOOD THING! Mine are too curly, to point where putting eyeliner on is a pain in the butt) so i have to use a lash curler upside down uncurl them.

The formula is wet, so it wont hold a curl (or in my case, an uncurl) very well, Its a good idea to put this on SLOWLY. This buddy clumps. And one of my biggest pet peeves is clumpy spider lashes (worst trend, ever...). My lashes naturally like to clump together because of how curly it is (if only my hair could do the same -__-) so i already have to take time if i use mascara. But with this mascara i have to go in with some tweezers and separate them myself. That adds 10 more minutes to my already too long makeup routine.

Some pros are that it does add some volume, its really black (as the bottle says) and it does give some decent length. But here's one more con, this gets very messy!!! especially when im putting it on my bottom lashes. I love to do elaborate eyeshadow looks very often and this mascara could completely ruin it. All in all, i wont be using this very often. And i shall continue my hunt for the perfect mascara for my unruly lashes.

on 11/13/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I quite like this mascara. My mum has been using it for a while and it makes her lashes really long, so I purchased a tube for myself. The brush is very small which makes it easy to reach all lashes, but also makes application a little more longer than with a regular mascara brush. I have naturally short, relatively thin lashes but with this mascara I get pretty decent length. No clumping whatsoever. The formula is rather wet and thin but not too much so. I love how black the colour is - darker than other mascaras I've tried, even the ones that claim to have 'carbon black' pigments in them. It doesn't do much for volume but I wasn't expecting it to considering how the brush is shaped. But it holds a curl and gives nice length. Not dramatic by any means, but a nice day time mascara. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

on 11/13/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know why every so often I feel comepelled to buy this rotten product. Maybe cos it was the first mascara I ever bought over ten years ago, and magazines constantly rave about it. I keep forgetting that I don't like it! The brush is too small and doesn't "grip" the lashes, so hardly any product goes on. Its wet, which I like in theory as it means there is no clumping, but it gives no volume or thickness to lashes. It smudges fairly easy too.

on 11/10/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this brand of mascara since my mom showed me how to put on mascara on our mother daughter vacation when I was 12. When I got older I tried many other kinds, but they all have clumped and flaked, and every single waterproof formula has made my eyelashes actually fall out.

After all of these years, I only use two mascaras Diorshow Iconic, and Maybelline great lash. Besides Dior, this is the only mascara that doesn't clump horribly or flake all over my face in an hour. It seems my eyelashes like the formula and they play well together. The price compared to other brands of fail I have used is unbeatable. Before I knew you should change out mascara every few months, I kept a tube of this for years and it worked every day and didn't even dry up. Obviously I wasn't wearing it everyday, but it was my powerhorse of mascara.

I give it 5 of product, 5 for price, 4 for packaging only because my personal tastes are different. The brush works but I have liked other brushes more from other brands. I have reparchased this more times than I can count in 16 years, so yes, I will buy again.

on 9/17/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why magazines say this is the best mascara...I don't like it at all, I feel it's the worst I've ever used. I don't get it.

I love this mascara,but only for my bottom lashes.Not for my top eyelashes because It puts them down after I curled my lashes and I hate it when it does that! But its great for my bottom lashes.It is bit liquidy but hey it never clumps.

on 8/25/2012 10:10:00 PM

I love this mascara, and have gone back to it after trying a dozen other kinds. I had used it for years, not sure why I tried something different, certainly wish I would've stuck to what works. I like it because it looks more natural than others. I don't have a problem with clumping or running or any of that with this product. If you like heavier, thicker looks then I don't think this would be for you. However, if you like something that looks super nice but also more laid back and fresh, then this would be it. Not straying from it again.

on 8/22/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really don't get why people keep bashing this product.
This mascara is great! The texture liquidy, runny, but not a put-off in any way.

Some people may have a problem with clumping only because they aren't wiping the wand before applying.

I'm not into heavy, full-face makeup looks, so this product works for me.

It looks very natural. I would re-purchase.

on 8/16/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara!!! It is one of my favorite ones. it doesn't clump, it also doesn't flake and i do sport and it doesn't melt or sweat of as weird as it sounds. the packaging is cute and it small enough that your can bring it anywhere and even in smaller bags for night out and or traveling somewhere. All in all I'm in love with this product!!