Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 10/11/2010 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really loike this powder! I keep it in my purse for touch ups or if i'm starting to "glow" in the wrong places :-p This product Leaves me looking perfectly matte and flawless and lasts about 6 hrs before it starts to fade a little. It doesn't stick to my dry spots, & the applicator it comes with is very nice, although I wish it were a little bigger! The mirror was an awesome bonus & the color really blended in nicely to my Superstay foundation :)

on 10/6/2010 3:01:00 AM

So the packaging isn't the most attractive, but I like that it has a mirror for when you're on the go and I've always used the supplied puff for application. In terms of coverage, no, you're not going to get much, if any, out of it. However, it is very VERY good at removing shine. I have it in Natural Beige and it blends into my skin so perfectly you can barely tell I'm wearing any, except for the fact that my face gets very oily and sweaty in summer and this hides it beautifully. Its the first pressed powder I've bought and since I hate spending money on makeup (even DS prices make me cringe) nor do I use it regularly, this is great.

on 10/5/2010 1:36:00 AM

I keep this in my purse for touchups during the day, and it is perfect for that. I use the little pad it comes with, and I just pat it over my oily areas... if you get a lot of product and just swipe it on your face, then yes, it does look chalky, but if you pat it, it looks great and makes your skin matte without disturbing your previously applied makeup.

too chalky on me, however the shade was perfect for me

dried out my face... and made me look patchy :(

the packaging is simple & good. sturdy but easily scratched

will not repurchase because does not work on me

on 9/20/2010 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this for touch ups, it actually gives more coverage than expected, I actually use the powder puff that comes along with it, and it does not cake up at all.

on 9/10/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is ok... but its not leaving me shine free, however keep in mind I'm VERY oily... and i think if ur just kinda oily this product would be awesome b/c its so cheap but you get a lot of product for like $5, I also like that it has a mirror for touch-ups! :)

on 6/17/2010 10:59:00 PM

I've been using this product for almost two years now and I'm currently on my third compact. I normally use Ivory, but being under the sun so much now that it's almost summer, I thought it was necessary to purchase Natural Beige which is the second lightest color ( and since it's really afforadable, I didn't feel guilty.) What I really like about this product is that it does mattify my combination skin without being cakey or chalky and just gives a nice natural finish. The only thing that I would probably pick at with this product is that I find that I do have to reapply every couple of hours to my T zone since I have combination skin, but if you have nomal skin you'd probably be set for the majority of the day.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this on a whim a few years back when I started wearing foundation and needed a cheap powder over my normal liquid foundation to keep it in place.

DO NOT use the powder puff, once you apply it onto your skin it looks far too chalky! Rather use a large powder brush and brush it lightly over your skin.

The colour selection is okay, not too great especially since my skin tone seems to change every other day! And the price is a bit steep for a drugstore brand (AU$15 at Big W!) but if it's applied properly than it works wonders for me! Lives up to it's name and is easy to take whenever I go out.

I loved this product! For 4.99 at ulta it was really cheap too! It was not cakey and applied wonderfully with either a kabuki brush or a fluffy powder brush.My color was ivory and I fell that it was a pretty good match. The only problem with this product was that it shattered when i took it with me in my bag. Maybelline could definitely charge WAY more for this product if they fixed this problem with the packaging (I believe that the flimsy packaging was the reason that my powder shattered). But, for now it will be a great product to repurchase and leave on my vanity to use at home to set my makeup

on 6/9/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I think that this is a great pressed powder that does what itís supposed to do. I was using this for quite some time in the past, but I've moved on to a different pressed powder since I like to try out new things. This is definitely a tried and true product that I would not hesitate to repurchase should I decide to end my makeup exploration. I used this in the shade Medium Golden (05). Because itís so sheer it was never obvious or cakey even when I packed it on and did my touch-ups. I donít remember it ever breaking me out. I usually used this alone or over some concealer and I was good to go. I miss those days of good skin and minimal makeupÖ than again I know I am at fault since I keep trying new products which is probably the cause of my very uncooperative skin.