October 2, 2014 | 992 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by puccaandgarufan2

too chalky on me, however the shade was perfect for me

dried out my face... and made me look patchy :(

the packaging is simple & good. sturdy but easily scratched

will not repurchase because does not work on me

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this for touch ups, it actually gives more coverage than expected, I actually use the powder puff that comes along with it, and it does not cake up at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is ok... but its not leaving me shine free, however keep in mind I'm VERY oily... and i think if ur just kinda oily this product would be awesome b/c its so cheap but you get a lot of product for like $5, I also like that it has a mirror for touch-ups! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Simply2Smile

I've been using this product for almost two years now and I'm currently on my third compact. I normally use Ivory, but being under the sun so much now that it's almost summer, I thought it was necessary to purchase Natural Beige which is the second lightest color ( and since it's really afforadable, I didn't feel guilty.) What I really like about this product is that it does mattify my combination skin without being cakey or chalky and just gives a nice natural finish. The only thing that I would probably pick at with this product is that I find that I do have to reapply every couple of hours to my T zone since I have combination skin, but if you have nomal skin you'd probably be set for the majority of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by beautifulbones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim a few years back when I started wearing foundation and needed a cheap powder over my normal liquid foundation to keep it in place.

DO NOT use the powder puff, once you apply it onto your skin it looks far too chalky! Rather use a large powder brush and brush it lightly over your skin.

The colour selection is okay, not too great especially since my skin tone seems to change every other day! And the price is a bit steep for a drugstore brand (AU$15 at Big W!) but if it's applied properly than it works wonders for me! Lives up to it's name and is easy to take whenever I go out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tahoechocolate

I loved this product! For 4.99 at ulta it was really cheap too! It was not cakey and applied wonderfully with either a kabuki brush or a fluffy powder brush.My color was ivory and I fell that it was a pretty good match. The only problem with this product was that it shattered when i took it with me in my bag. Maybelline could definitely charge WAY more for this product if they fixed this problem with the packaging (I believe that the flimsy packaging was the reason that my powder shattered). But, for now it will be a great product to repurchase and leave on my vanity to use at home to set my makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kbrownx82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that this is a great pressed powder that does what itís supposed to do. I was using this for quite some time in the past, but I've moved on to a different pressed powder since I like to try out new things. This is definitely a tried and true product that I would not hesitate to repurchase should I decide to end my makeup exploration. I used this in the shade Medium Golden (05). Because itís so sheer it was never obvious or cakey even when I packed it on and did my touch-ups. I donít remember it ever breaking me out. I usually used this alone or over some concealer and I was good to go. I miss those days of good skin and minimal makeupÖ than again I know I am at fault since I keep trying new products which is probably the cause of my very uncooperative skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have Shine Free pressed powder in Ivory, which I find to be a bit too light for my skin. I also don't like the texture of this. It's chalky. It stays put as any other drugstore powder. I apply this over concealer with a brush. I'll pass, until I find something better. This does hold up pretty good during the day, but I just don't like the thin chalky texture, nor the pale color of the ivory shade. Update:I have hardly used this, since I only use concealer around the eye area, and it's almost gone! That was fast for ever hardly using it! Very dusty when applying, and doesn't hold up for very long, maybe a couple of hours, but I am VERY oily, so NOTHING ever seems to work anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I have tried just about every drugstore pressed powder, and many high end powders, including the infamous Mac Blot, and I think this one is the one I'm finally going to settle on. I have a very oily t-zone, and while nothing will control my oil all day long, this stuff works really well. Also, with many powders I get a cakey or blotchy effect with touchups, but this stuff does what I want, blots oil, is translucent (I use Golden), and never gets cakey no matter what! Also, a lot of powders settle into my pores, but this actually helps my pores appear smaller. Oh, and I'm also very breakout prone, and this stuff does NOT cause breakouts for me! I do wish Maybelline would add some darker shades, but I can get by with Golden most of the year. I also use the Shine Free loose powder to set my makeup and I think it's my new favorite LOOSE powder. So two winners from Maybelline, yay! The packaging is ugly, but I love what's inside, so I will def. stick with this powder from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by PrettyShimmery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder. I have used many powders, high and low end and this out of all I have ever tried is my favorite! There are four shades I think. One light and two medium and one dark. I bought the shade golden which is the most yellow based color out of them all. It is perfect. The powder when pressed on with the puff they include or used with a brush goes on sheer and natural, never cakey. The best thing is that it feels so clean and fresh like I'm not wearing anything at all. It takes away shine and makes my skin look fresh. I'm going to go buy more because I don't want to be without it! I just tried maybelline dream Matt powder prior to this and I hated dream Matt. I could feel it on my skin and it made me break out bad. I say go get maybelline shine free in the blue compact!