Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 8/11/2014 1:56:00 PM

I just received this product in the mail yesterday.

So today is my first time using it. As far as highlighting, it does not do much for me as my skin is light. (Light with yellow undertones) It does give me a nice matte healthy finish, and I have had this powder on for about 6 hours and I am still fairly matte. So I think it controls oil on my tzone pretty well.

on 8/3/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Cakes up my undereye make up.

on 7/15/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use this all over my face as a setting powder. I'm NC40 in Mac and this is the PERFECT shade to set your makeup with. It lasts forever

on 7/12/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

TO ALL MY FELLOW YELLOWS!!

Finally, a powder that matches my obnoxiously yellow undertone perfectly ! I'm Asian so I always have trouble finding things that doesn't make me look that lovely pink, orange, or grey shade.

This powder is finely milled and blends beautifully into my skin. Being an NC35-40 (summer) could use this as an all over face powder in the winter, however I just use it to set my concealer, and to highlight the Kim k way during the summer. A little goes a long way ladies.. And fellas?

The packaging is okay. Nothing special. It does make a mess. So I suggest just keeping the plastic part on the shifter and just poke holes with a bobby pin. That way I am able to control the amount of product I want without all that mess

If can look a but chalky but nothing a little fix+ can't fix. The staying powder is a little better than OKAY. I always set everything after with my HD powder.

on 7/1/2014 3:23:00 PM

its a good product but not for those with sensitive skin.it can cause break outs & can be itchy. it does seem like a good finishing powder but its staying power is just fair. it cannot withstand humidity. the container is messy.

on 6/25/2014 9:48:00 PM

I'm going to start by saying, it is not the cheapest powder out there, in terms of what you put on your card, but the price per ounce beats every single powder available. As for the packaging, I got the dome jar so it's pretty much the same as the bare minerals jar, although I do see how the larger ones can get messy.
Now on to the product itself, I cant comment n its highlighting properties, since it sort of matches my skin tone, but that's what makes it perfect to set my foundation. It made my concealer and foundation stay on all day. Yep. All day. It does seem very matte as soon as you put it on, and it can be a little difficult in winter, but I'd take that over crease-y concealer. But now that it's summer, this is the best oil control powder I have used, and unlike compact powders, although this has a little bit of a tint, it doesn't add coverage or oxidize. It actually looks pretty natural half hour after you put on your makeup. And I pretty much didn't have oil control problems with this, except once.
If you are an NC in MAC, feel free to apply as you please, especially if you are between NC30-44. If you are a lot lighter or a lot darker, perhaps you might have to be a little light handed. For NW skin tones, you still might be able to use it, but it might be a better idea to chose a different color. From what I noticed, my under eye concealer is NW, and this sort of yellows it down a little, which is good for me since my foundation is NC, but might not work for some.
PS: the biggest downside I can think of is that you might would a good amount in shipping. Which sucked for me, but I couldn't find it anywhere in stores.
(www.camerareadycosmetics has the cheapest shipping as far as I know.)

on 6/24/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
++Takes away shine.
++Makes my foundation and concealer last a whole lot longer.
++Brightens.
++Cheap.
It'll last me at least 2 years of everyday use to finish my bottle.

Cons:
--Packaging.
I just transfer it to a smaller container. Plus, I think that's why it's so cheap!

on 6/19/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Great powder to use under the eyes. I only use it under the eyes because I would look too yellow if I dusted it all over my face. But under my eyes it gives my skin a beautiful glowing highlight effect. Under bright lights it looks flawless. Love this. The price is decent, you get a lot of product and a little goes a long way.

on 6/18/2014 3:39:00 PM

This line is ment for professional artists to use on actors, models etc who do a lot of their work under harsh lights and camera work. That being said the banana powder only 1 in a line of several powders that are made to either match or to be mixed and matched to every skin tone. So if the banana powder is too yellow or dark for you you can mix it with another powder to get the desired results. There is another reviewer on here who has some pretty awesome tips on using the powder. I currently only have a sample from a vendor on ebay. she sells 5gm containers of all the powders that will give you a chance to try and mix tones to find what works for you before you invest in the large size containers. For right now the small one will give me quite a bit for a while. I currently use this to set my under eye concealer or to cover over redness after foundation from a break out or my Retinol treatment. You need to use a fairly fluffy brush to apply this because it can become a cakey mess very quickly. IT's not a product for the apply and go girl. You need to take care using it. The results are awesome and I will repurchase a full size when I run out of the sample.

on 6/11/2014 12:06:00 AM

I really like this product! The powder is very finely milled, but it still packs a punch as far as pigment goes. My skin is fair, so I can't use this over my whole face for setting foundation as it would make me look yellow. I use this powder to set my under-eye concealer as I have blue tones around my eyes and I find it helps to counteract this discolouration. It's staying power is good and I don't feel I need to reapply it throughout the day. The only downside of this product is the packaging - cheap and nasty, and difficult to use! I will buy another of these powders in a colour more suited to my skin tone to set my foundation.