April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by katydidd5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use the same product with an SPF of 100, and frequently felt I had gotten it in my eyes, because the product melted and ran. So, without any other choices (because it's winter, and many retailers (and people) think you don't need sunscreen in the wintertime; believe me, we all do), I last bought the SPF 45. Every day, my eyes are inflamed and irritated, even when I only use this product from under my eyes (but between the eyebrows) down to my chin. My eyes water and itch, and no eyedrops (Systane, for instance) seem to help. Last week, I had a really bad case of conjunctivitis, or a cold in my eye, which took prescription medication to treat. My eyes are still bad, although I seem to be cured of the conjunctivitis. I am going to look for a different manufacturer for sunscreen. This is too bad, because I've always believed that Neutrogena is the best skin care manufacturer there is. Maybe so, but I can't use it. If I stop using it and my eyes continue to be inflamed, I'll write another review, but right now I'm not a happy camper!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

so i decided to start wearing sunscreen since i heard it helps protect your skin from UV rays, cancer, dark spots, etc,etc.. so i gave this a try and i guess this product just isn't for me. within two hours of wearing this i started getting an allergic reaction. i started getting these tiny bumps on my cheeks near my nose... my mom was like... why dyou have those lil bumps on your face? i'm like.. oh it's probably pimples.. and she was like.. no those are not pimples for sure.. did you put something on today? like sunscreen ? b/c it looks like you have an allergic reaction to something. so i was like.. omg -_-' it must be THIS. right after i washed my face and wiped it off ... MY SKIN returned back to normal within thirty minutes. WOULD DEF not be repurchasing. horrible product :(.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ichigorukia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a sunblock this performs well. However...
* it left my face with a fairly white tinge to it, enough for people to know that there's something on my face
* when I start to sweat I have to keep checking to make sure that there are no little build up of the product on my face, I'm not sure how but I just kinda start to see little spots of white, I guess where I didn't rub it in enough. A problem since I live in a tropical country & go to the gym.
* It's not waterproof. At all. When I go into a pool or the beach, I can see the water dripping of my face with the product, little white droplets running down my face. Not cool.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ellalogy

The one pro of this sunscreen is that it does mattify your face. It feels almost like a primer and makes your makeup last longer. However, it was too harsh on my skin and made me break out after a few days of use. It also smells like chemicals. I would recommend testing this product on a small patch of skin before using it regularly on your face, as it seems that while many people tolerate it quite well, others are more sensitive. I will stick to my Clinique Cityblock!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Untitledusername

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Its just on spring so i figured i should wear a sunscreen but i didnt have any so i bought this one. It was about AU$17 which is pretty good for the size of the tube. It smelt quite nice and absorbed in about 15 seconds if that and my skin didnt look greasy or 'ghostly'
Pros: Mattifying, didn't give me pimples (which is a first for a sunscreen), my skin didnt burn (very fair skin in a very sunny area), my makeup didnt peel, made my skin feel pretty soft
Cons: my skin was kind of shiny by the end of the day
Overall i think this was a good one and i would try it if you have fair, acne prone or oily skin :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to edit this - I no longer use it because it produces free radicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the bomb times ten! No joke! If you have oily skin, you MUST buy this sunscreen! It is the only sunscreen I have ever used that did not make my face look like a greasy mess. Not only that, but it contains dimethicone, a common ingredient in many makeup primers, so it dries to a completely smooth and matte finish. So much so that my foundation looks way better applied over this product, rather than directly overtop of my moisturized skin alone. It even prolongs your makeup from "sweating off", so this stuff is definitely HG for anyone with oily skin. Compared to other high-end sunscreens, it is quite inexpensive (about $14 CAD for 80 mL), and you only need about half the size of a fingertip to cover the whole face. It also works great for a day at the beach when I don't want to wear makeup overtop. One thing: make sure you blend it well, because a few times when I first started wearing it, I noticed a white cast on certain areas. So, just apply in front of a mirror. Definitely will repurchase this a million times over! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to sunscreens its hard for me to find one that will work with my skin and still allow me to wear makeup and not look like I've slathered my face in Crisco. I've got very oily (non acne prone) skin so adding sunscreen to the list of things (along with makeup etc) that I put on my face can be a disaster, but one that is necessary. (I also need high spf as I am very fair)
While I don't want to rave about this product and say it's amazingly great, it is the best I've found so far (aka.. still looking but using this in the mean time) to a product that will give me the sunscreen protection I need with out adding more oil and shine to my face.
It does glide on rather smoothly and dries quickly. But it still leaves that slightly slick feeling on your face that yes, you are wearing sunscreen.
As far as how it wears; I use it underneath my makeup in place of a primer/moisturizer and it does ok if I'm only wearing a light/sheer foundation. Attempting to put on anything full coverage over this product has thus far left me caked looking. It could be me.. I'm still trying to find a happy medium to using this and foundation. If I use it alone with concealer and a mattifying powder over the top to remove the shine it leaves behind it seems to work well and keep in place as long as it doesn't get rubbed. It claims to be budge proof - but I've not found this to be true.
It does have a slight sunscreen smell to it, but not as bad as others I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by wingcharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used a lot of popular sunscreen brands but so far this is the best. Most of them are sticky, leaves a whitish or scaly cast on the skin,feels hot and milks in hot temperature. But this sunscreen solved it all. When you apply it on the face, it's a bit sticky because of it's creamy consistency. But after a few seconds the stickiness fades and you won't feel that you've applied it at all. It's really good especially that I live in a tropical country. Thumbs up! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for the Ultra Sheer Body Mist spf 45.

Definitely going to repurchase this product again. My skin felt lovely after applying. This summer I have been using a leftover Almay spf 15 for faces on my body. It gets a little uncomfortable on those especially hot and humid days. I hate my legs feeling greasy. This was matte but my legs felt silky soft. The smell is like baby powder but I only detected it when I first applied. The application is a dream. Unlike some other spray sunblocks it doesn't have a cooling/menthol sensation. I hate that cooling nonsense. I felt like this adequately protected me from the sun. I wasn't out all day but I was in direct sunlight for a few hours and didn't get any color whatsoever. Definitely keep away from faces though! I do wish it weren't as expensive but it does go on sale regularly.