September 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Thecakepie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this body butter. It softens my skin, and it's the best-smelling body butter made by The Body Shop. Period.

It doesn't absorb super fast or anything but it's not greasy either. I'm a little annoyed by jars in general because they're less sanitary than tubes but I think this is too thick to ever dispense from a tube.

This body butter is a bit high priced for what it is at $19, but I still don't care, it's almost like perfume for me.

I will always keep a jar of this in my life. So mango!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I reeeally love this - it's one of the rare things that can moisturize my dry skin enough in the winter months (I only use it in the winter or only on my legs after shaving in summer). I don't understand the people saying this is greasy - it's a BUTTER - it's supposed to be like that. If it doesn't sink into your skin, your skin probably isn't dry enough - my skin can be very dry and it absorbs this very well. The packaging also says: "for very dry skins".
I really love the smell of this - it must be my favourite of the different things I've tried from the body shop. It's really fruity, fresh and not overly sweet. Also, the smell of the butter doesn't change over time. I have experienced that some body butters change smells to a "rotten fruit" smell after you've worn them for a while. This is the case with the cherry body butter (which also smells overly strong, almost bitter) from TBS, and some strawberry and coconut butters I've tried earlier. There are also lotions from TBS that change smells like this, but I don't quite remember right now.
I understand that this may not be the best product for certain people, but I absolutely love it! The only con for me is that it's so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I took one lippie because this stuff is expensive but it's well worth for my very dry-patchy-itchy skin.I love this stuff since I was 15 yo back in my country but it's too expensive back then and I can not always afford this!I love the smells and i know it's more greasy than any other TBS BB but the smells and moisturizing enough for my skin more than 24 hour for my very dry skin.I love using this during winter time.BTW you can get this at costco for$24.99 before tax for 3 300 ml (i get mango,cocoa butter and olive) packaging in a lovely gold tin can it's bigger than the regular size 200ml and cheaper even when the tbs having sale

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it's easier to apply this on my skin as compared to the Olive, which I feel is thicker. However, this body butter does feel more greasy than the Olive butter and does not absorb as quickly. And it's not necessarily a good thing, especially since I live in a tropical climate. Alas, I found a new use for this: I apply it on before work. The butter is absorbed quicker in air conditioned places without letting me feel as though its greasy. Leaves me skin feeling soft. The scent is pretty strong though and not everyone will like it - my whole family complained that the smell was too strong. You should try smelling it before purchasing. Also, about a month ago I was raving about this product, but the smell is so strong it lasts for hours! And the smell changes to something like... Idk, sweat odour? Won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell is amazing <3 And it is very moisturizing as well :) Just a little too greasy for me :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I love this product especially in the winter because its very moisturizing. Smells just like fresh mangoes:) I recently got an order in and I thought crap I use these a lot I need to write a review! The only problem I have with this is that it can be greasy when its first applied. That's why it's perfect for winter months. I don't use this as much in the summer because its very thick. But I LOVE the smell and I've gotten compliments when using this just as I have with the vineyard peach. I will definitely be repurchasing as I have been doing for quite some time now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LD3

This was the first TBS body butter I tried and I was hooked. The smell isn't quite exactly mango but it's close enough. It smells more like a candy version of mango. It's moisturizing, and leaves you smelling sweet. The smell can be a bit intoxicating so I don't use it as often but it's definitely a sweet treat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by stls

The smell is absolutely delicious, mango candy! Consistency is thick and creamy. Unfortunately I could not use it, left my skin too greasy and it ever absorbed properly. There are many ultra moisturizing body lotions out there equally moisturizing and less oily...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg. OMG!!!!!!! Count me in as one of the lovers of this product. I just had my 26th birthday. I've been lusting after this body butter since I was 15!!!! I simply could not bring myself to buy it at that time (nevermind how delicious it smelled) because I found it far too expensive. I moved on with my life and BAM!!!! Yesterday I pass a Body Shop on the way to see The Dark Knight Rises (in his pants Bahahahahahaha - I coudn't resist *clears throat*). THey were having a sale and I got the large tub for $19. My 26 year old self can afford that ;) I just used it this morning and my skin feels so damn smooth and well moisturized. And lightly scented (I used it sparingly). I also got the body mist so when I finally mosey on out the house I will be spritzing myself with this deliscious scent.

Speaking of the scent, this mesmerizes me now just as much as it did to my 15 year old self. I love mangoes themselves and while I usually prefer to smell of flowers, this is the perfect summer scent. Well done The Body Shop. I will definitely be repurchasing. I'll even be wearing this during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Over the years I've tried a number of TBS Body Butters and I always come back to this one. Mango is a perfect summer scent and the butter itself melts into my skin perfectly. As another poster said, though, a little does go a long way so use sparingly and you'll be happy. If you only want a little moisturizing, use on elbows, knees, feet, maybe a little at the neck for extra fragrance. Lovely product.