March 1, 2015 | 1218 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by nivealover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product last March with my birthday money, and it's now mid January, and not gone! And it's still good to use. The mango body scrub however has gone sour. I love this product because it gives an extra dose of moisture through our dry Canadian 2interstate. I love the smell but it's a little greasy to use in the summer, only on the feet do I use it then. I love tbs products, but sometimes, Esther can be a bit pricey. If you find yourself in there more than 1 every two months, it's worth it to get a love your body card. Great product, beautiful smell, but a little greasy even for my dry legs. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This body butter was given by my mother, along with 2 others. It smells like fresh cut mangoes, and the texture really moisturize my dry skin. The price is expensive but it worths :) definitely a good buy, especially for those who likes fresh fruity scent without any zesty scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Thecakepie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this body butter. It softens my skin, and it's the best-smelling body butter made by The Body Shop. Period.

It doesn't absorb super fast or anything but it's not greasy either. I'm a little annoyed by jars in general because they're less sanitary than tubes but I think this is too thick to ever dispense from a tube.

This body butter is a bit high priced for what it is at $19, but I still don't care, it's almost like perfume for me.

I will always keep a jar of this in my life. So mango!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I reeeally love this - it's one of the rare things that can moisturize my dry skin enough in the winter months (I only use it in the winter or only on my legs after shaving in summer). I don't understand the people saying this is greasy - it's a BUTTER - it's supposed to be like that. If it doesn't sink into your skin, your skin probably isn't dry enough - my skin can be very dry and it absorbs this very well. The packaging also says: "for very dry skins".
I really love the smell of this - it must be my favourite of the different things I've tried from the body shop. It's really fruity, fresh and not overly sweet. Also, the smell of the butter doesn't change over time. I have experienced that some body butters change smells to a "rotten fruit" smell after you've worn them for a while. This is the case with the cherry body butter (which also smells overly strong, almost bitter) from TBS, and some strawberry and coconut butters I've tried earlier. There are also lotions from TBS that change smells like this, but I don't quite remember right now.
I understand that this may not be the best product for certain people, but I absolutely love it! The only con for me is that it's so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I took one lippie because this stuff is expensive but it's well worth for my very dry-patchy-itchy skin.I love this stuff since I was 15 yo back in my country but it's too expensive back then and I can not always afford this!I love the smells and i know it's more greasy than any other TBS BB but the smells and moisturizing enough for my skin more than 24 hour for my very dry skin.I love using this during winter time.BTW you can get this at costco for$24.99 before tax for 3 300 ml (i get mango,cocoa butter and olive) packaging in a lovely gold tin can it's bigger than the regular size 200ml and cheaper even when the tbs having sale

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it's easier to apply this on my skin as compared to the Olive, which I feel is thicker. However, this body butter does feel more greasy than the Olive butter and does not absorb as quickly. And it's not necessarily a good thing, especially since I live in a tropical climate. Alas, I found a new use for this: I apply it on before work. The butter is absorbed quicker in air conditioned places without letting me feel as though its greasy. Leaves me skin feeling soft. The scent is pretty strong though and not everyone will like it - my whole family complained that the smell was too strong. You should try smelling it before purchasing. Also, about a month ago I was raving about this product, but the smell is so strong it lasts for hours! And the smell changes to something like... Idk, sweat odour? Won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell is amazing <3 And it is very moisturizing as well :) Just a little too greasy for me :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I love this product especially in the winter because its very moisturizing. Smells just like fresh mangoes:) I recently got an order in and I thought crap I use these a lot I need to write a review! The only problem I have with this is that it can be greasy when its first applied. That's why it's perfect for winter months. I don't use this as much in the summer because its very thick. But I LOVE the smell and I've gotten compliments when using this just as I have with the vineyard peach. I will definitely be repurchasing as I have been doing for quite some time now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LD3

This was the first TBS body butter I tried and I was hooked. The smell isn't quite exactly mango but it's close enough. It smells more like a candy version of mango. It's moisturizing, and leaves you smelling sweet. The smell can be a bit intoxicating so I don't use it as often but it's definitely a sweet treat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by stls

The smell is absolutely delicious, mango candy! Consistency is thick and creamy. Unfortunately I could not use it, left my skin too greasy and it ever absorbed properly. There are many ultra moisturizing body lotions out there equally moisturizing and less oily...