November 28, 2014 | 1623 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Orb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Orb was the first MAC eyeshadow I ever purchased (along with Quarry). It is a very nice light, slightly peachy-pink skin toned shade on me, which is why I bought it. It's almost like a powder form of Painterly. I will often use it on its own, just with some liner, to make myself look more awake and fresh without looking like I've actually done anything or applied any makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

if you're debating between blanc type and orb, orb is "warmer." it's not as harsh looking as blanc type, which looks a bit chalky on me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful eyeshadow, I love it! since vanilla doesn't really work for me, neither does naked lunch. This one has quite a bit of peach, which looked too dark in the store but ended up being just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by classicqueen

This is a wonderful colour for your eyelid if you are going for a natural look. I love this shadow and think it helps me a lot when it comes to any form of shadow application (dramatic, natural or funky). It's a very bright fleshy colour and gives a nice matte finish when applied. I use bare canvas in the paint pots from MAC to help hold my shadow colour so combing the two makes for a nice flesh tone on your lid (kind of like a bare canvas!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The MAC MA recommended this as a highlight (admitting that she doesn't like an obvious frosty highlight). At first I thought it was a little too natural for me, but it fast became my HG e/s. I use it as a wash to achieve any look. I use Kid in the crease when I go thick on the liner and it looks AMAZING. It can also be used when doing a smokey eye with Cork and Handwritten or Twinks and Sketch. The texture is amazing. I use it every day and it's definitely a permanent addition to my palette. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAffair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Orb is a matte, very very light beige-peachy-pink (but mostly beige). This is hands-down my FAVE e/s to wear as a base underneath my e/s, and the texture is great, and goes on my somewhat oily eyelids very smoothly :) Although this is not an exciting shade at all, it is high necessary for me to always have available in my makeup stash :D I also use this to hi-light under my brows for a super subtle clean look, or to dust OVER more dramatic e/s to soften it to the perfect degree :) I love it!! For reference, i'm an NC30, asian, brown hair'd girl, w/ yellow/olive undertones :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by holly222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

lovely, i use this almost every day. very versatile eyeshadow, lovely all over colour, nice as a neutral highlight. if i could only have one mac eyeshadow i think it would be this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

I've had this shadow less than 24 hours, but I don't think it extreme to go ahead and rate it WONDERFUL. I've had a matte peach shadow by Revlon that I thought was "good enough." I recently purchased Mac Sketch (a dark burgundy shade) and have been trying to find something to work with it. Orb fit the bill perfectly. It covers my lids more completely than the matte peach I'd been using while still providing a *very* slight shine to my lids. Like a healthy sheen. It really does manage to illicit that oh-so-coveted title of "my ____(lids) but better - MLBB!"

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

This is great for blending out eye shadows. I use this to highlight sometimes for the natural look. It works great over Soft Ochre paint pot and gives you a very pin-up eye if you wear a little bit of dark crease colour and thick winged out black liner.

Will I repurchase? It's a good basic colour to have in my MAC 15 palette and I do not regret spending $13 on it, but I think I can find a good dupe for this in Revlon's Matte Eyeshadow line. So no, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty pale peach colour, looks almost completely matte but with a sliiight iridescence to it. I find it looks a bit too pale on my lid but it makes a good browbone colour.