MAC Satin - Orb

4.4

on 10/22/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

When the SA picked this one out for me I was a little wary of trying it out, but I'm glad I did! I wanted something a little more exciting than my everyday Blanc Type (not that Orb is particularly exciting). This brightens up my eyes with a slight sheen. I'd buy it again.

PROS: Good pigment amount. Somewhat creamy and soft texture that's easy to blend cause it's a "satin." The wearing power was fine. Pinky beige highlight with no shimmer. MAC calls it "Soft Peachy-Beige."

CONS: For me, personally (I'm N15, leaning toward NC), this is a little too pink for a highlight. Reminds me of an old lady's compact powder, but maybe it's good for someone who isn't as pale or "neutral" as I am. Probably better a cool-toned person.

ALTERNATES: I prefer "Blanc Type because it's not as pink.

******This looks a lot lighter and somewhat pinker than this pic. shows, IMO.******

on 8/19/2010 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really love this. Depending on my look is use either this or brule as a highlightcolour (this is more pink, brule more yellow). Also pretty as a lidcolour for neutrallooks.

on 8/18/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Orb was the first MAC eyeshadow I ever purchased (along with Quarry). It is a very nice light, slightly peachy-pink skin toned shade on me, which is why I bought it. It's almost like a powder form of Painterly. I will often use it on its own, just with some liner, to make myself look more awake and fresh without looking like I've actually done anything or applied any makeup. Not sure if I'd repurchase, not because there's anything wrong with it but because since really getting into makeup, I've found a lot of shades that are similar but which I like better than Orb for their brightening effect.

on 8/13/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

if you're debating between blanc type and orb, orb is "warmer." it's not as harsh looking as blanc type, which looks a bit chalky on me.

on 8/11/2010 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wonderful eyeshadow, I love it! since vanilla doesn't really work for me, neither does naked lunch. This one has quite a bit of peach, which looked too dark in the store but ended up being just perfect!

on 7/14/2010 1:37:00 PM

This is a wonderful colour for your eyelid if you are going for a natural look. I love this shadow and think it helps me a lot when it comes to any form of shadow application (dramatic, natural or funky). It's a very bright fleshy colour and gives a nice matte finish when applied. I use bare canvas in the paint pots from MAC to help hold my shadow colour so combing the two makes for a nice flesh tone on your lid (kind of like a bare canvas!).

on 7/13/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The MAC MA recommended this as a highlight (admitting that she doesn't like an obvious frosty highlight). At first I thought it was a little too natural for me, but it fast became my HG e/s. I use it as a wash to achieve any look. I use Kid in the crease when I go thick on the liner and it looks AMAZING. It can also be used when doing a smokey eye with Cork and Handwritten or Twinks and Sketch. The texture is amazing. I use it every day and it's definitely a permanent addition to my palette. Will repurchase.

on 5/11/2010 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Orb is a matte, very very light beige-peachy-pink (but mostly beige). This is hands-down my FAVE e/s to wear as a base underneath my e/s, and the texture is great, and goes on my somewhat oily eyelids very smoothly :) Although this is not an exciting shade at all, it is high necessary for me to always have available in my makeup stash :D I also use this to hi-light under my brows for a super subtle clean look, or to dust OVER more dramatic e/s to soften it to the perfect degree :) I love it!! For reference, i'm an NC30, asian, brown hair'd girl, w/ yellow/olive undertones :)

on 5/3/2010 5:27:00 PM

lovely, i use this almost every day. very versatile eyeshadow, lovely all over colour, nice as a neutral highlight. if i could only have one mac eyeshadow i think it would be this.

Popular Eye Shadows