September 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese.

As you can read, the eyebrow color of choice for black haired ladies... There was some mild SA shrieking when I was a newbie and using Carbon (thinking black hair = black brows, wrong, you generally go 2 shades lighter for dark haired people).

But I am a bit bored of my MAC palettes after 10 yrs, so I'm going to start looking around and see what all the hoopla is about other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Brun is a really beautiful dark brown with a grey-ish undertone. It is really natural kind of neutral cool brown without any red in it. I love to use this to darken up the crease or on the lashline. So a pretty neutral smoky eye. The shadow quality is great and it is very smooth and pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Brun as a crease colour for a brown smokey eye, and I also use it under the bottom lash line. It looks lovely and soft compared to using Carbon, which can sometimes look a little harsh on my skintone. I'll definitely repurchase as it is a gorgeous cool brown colour, and has no red/orange undertones! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

I had been using Bare Escentuals brow powder in brunette for years, which I was happy with, but I wanted a more travel-friendly brow filler to keep in my cosmetics travel bag. I bought Brun after reading about how great it was as a brow filler for those with similar hair color and skin tone (dark brown/NC30) - and I love it! It replaced the BE brow powder even in my everyday makeup routine. It works ok on the eyelid but I much prefer something like MAC Copperplate for a cool-toned brown on the lid. I would not (re)purchase it to wear just as an eyeshadow but I will definitely be repurchasing it to use for my eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MadMonty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this eyeshadow. Am blue-eyed brunette with fair/medium skin and normally browns do nothing for me - I look better in greys. BUT this shade has a really cool undertone that works so well with my fair skin/blue eyes. I use it as for a daytime smokey eye and on my brows. A must have when travelling as is so multi-purpose. Only complaint - can be tough to work with as does not really apply or blend well, and goes on fairly light so you need to build up if you want a really smokey look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

I use this eye shadow to fill in my eyebrows. I have black hair and black eyebrow hairs. I used to use Espresso to fill them in, but that was waaayy to light so I switched to Brun. Brun is better because it's obviously darker than Espresso. When I take pictures from far away you can see my eyebrows but it's kind of light, especially since I have black hair and tanned skin. But when you look at it up close, it's fine. I haven't really used Brun for my eyes yet, so I can't say anything about that. I would recommend this eye shadow if you have black hair like me and you want to fill in your eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

Satin-finished dark black brown color for my lower lash line. I use my makeup brush to smudge it and there is almost nude look and soooo natural. I will only use this on my eyelid when I like a more dramatic eyelook, i.e. adding on my outer-V area. If I only allowed to bring one eyeshadow when I'm travelling, I'll bring this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Brun is described on the MAC website as a blackish-brown with a satin finish. I love that its a deep brown with no red/orange or yellow/golden undertones. It makes for a great smokey eye or for a brow filler for brunettes. Many have trouble finding that right shade of brown to match their brows, that isn't too golden, red or gray and this is perfect! Great pigmentation too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use mainly to fill in my brows. I am about and NC30 and Asian with olive skin. This is the ONLY color that I have found that has worked as a brow color for me. I have tried powder, gels, other e/s, and pencils and nothing looks as natural as brun with an Ecotools e/l brush. I use a very light hand and brush some on my brows and it adds amazing definition to my face :) I have also used it as a crease color and it worked great as well. Would def buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this when doing brown smokey eyes & also to fill in my brows. It works really well for both. I would re purchase this when I run out.