October 22, 2014 | 1011 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sfsish

This foundation makes me breakout..It does cover all my blemishes as it provides full coverage..I really want to like this foundation,but unfortunately I don't know why it doesn't suite my skin :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MsLinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been through my share of MAC foundations (F&B, Stick, Studio Powder, Mineralize foundation etc) on the hunt for the best fit for me. And I've finally found it. This foundation was a great match for me and I am beyond pleased. My last foundation, which I exchanged for this one, was mineralized, and had little coverage with a shiny finish with specs of glitter, I could not stand. This however gives medium coverage with a semi matte finish, depending on who you ask. I've got combo skin that tends to fall towards dry so this foundation was the best match. If you are some with with really dry skin I wouldnt recommend this product, same to those with really oily skin. But, if you happen to fall somewhere inbetween give this a try.
EDIT: Has been returned, unfortunately didnt not live up to my inital hype. The hunt continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lyoju589

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched by the SA for NW25, and one of the reasons I give this product a poor review is the colour. In the shop she applied it to my jaw line but when i got home and did my whole face the colour was orange! As for the finish its o.k., My face does get oily later in the day, requiring a powder touch up, where as my estee lauder double wear doesn't. The coverage is also quite light and i prefered medium to full. Leason of the day, get them to apply to full face and wear product for a day before you rush in and buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would say it has very light coverage power, way too light for me. Color was ok, not the best match but ok. It did get clumpy at about half of the bottle. Towards the end it was impossible to use since it looked like there was two colors in there. It was easy to apply and I loved the pump but that was about it. I would not repurchase this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by nitropurpurina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation works so good for me, it gives me a natural finish and a glowing complexion which I love.
I´ve tried Studio Fix Fluid and Face and Body and i stated that Select stands somewhere between these two fellas when it comes to coverage.
In my opinion, Studio Fix Fluid is perfect if you are looking for a flawless complexion and full coverage. Select fits better if you are looking for a medium coverage but a nice natural glowing finish and F&B is a very light (coverage) and shinning finish foundation, you don´t want to wear it if you have oily skin or is looking for some coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone skin that gets oily through the day when I wear foundation.

This product has very little coverage and it's not buildable. It feels a bit greasy when it is applied. I used studio fix powder after applying the foundation to set it.

Typically it takes 5-6 hours before my face starts to feel oily. After 45 minutes of using this, my face felt like an oil slick!

I took it back and exchanged it for studio fix foundation, which works much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Bcampbell16

i had acne prone skin for 3 years just figured it was cause i was in my teens but as soon as i stopped using mac foundation ive havent had 1 breakout and its been 7months neveeeer will i use any mac products on my face again

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by nastyhotty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started sing the foundation I liked it, but the reason I gave it a 2 is because it made me breakout. This was the 1st and only foundation that ever made me breakout and I've used a LOT of foundations. I have a dry face like the dessert got nothing on my face, but I don't have sensitive skin so for a liquid foundation to break me out y'all better be careful cause it might look good, but when you take it off you going to be wandering how in the world your face looks like it got shot up by the acne police.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this the other day:

+Lippie-- almost perfectly matches my skin tone (even though it's a bit yellow based... I'm pink-- but neutralizes the pink just fine.) Thanks to the MAC sales consultant.

+Lippie-- Doesn't make my skin look like an oil slick.

I'm a RN so I wore this for 12+ hours, it had good staying power during that time and once again I didn't look sweaty or gross at the end of shift (like I usually do with my Clinique foundation).

However, I must say that I used the MAC blot powder with the foundation and that helped out a lot with staying power. It makes my skin look great in photos, btw.

The downside: makeup is too cakey. I'm trying to put on less, but the packaging makes it kind of difficult to get out small quantities from the bottle. I might purchase the pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by msmanetti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in NC25 for 3 years now as a daytime sheer to medium coverage foundation. I recently re-discovered my Prescriptives Custom Blend sample pot and compared the two. OMG! What a huge mistake I have been making. While the Custom Blend was a very slightly too ash for my face (for reference I am a pale redhead with neutral to yellow undertones, def not pink), the coverage was just beautiful compared next to the MAC select sheer. Prescriptives was moisturising, glowing, natural. The select sheer came up too yellow, streaky and sooo patchy (even after I moisturised very well and used a foundation brush). It highlighted my pores and any little dry/flaky bits terribly. Luckily I have been at home raising kids for the last 3 years and have not worn this out to any important events. I have no idea what I was thinking?? For good occasions/night time, I have been wearing MAC studio fix in NW20 - ahem - watch out Studio fix - you are next in line for a lashing! In any case, I won't be buying this again and am now on the hunt for a new sheer/medium foundation.