February 1, 2015 | 2099 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by hye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this off strawberrynet.com for around 50 AU which isn't the cheapest of products even at the discounted price, although having said that, for the level of pigmentation this product offers, the overall price is well worth it. i have used this a few times and have barely dented the product which suggest how long this little pot of magic is going to last me.

First off, i am the type of girl who prefers a natural, my skin but better complexion so apply this as a foundation thinned out with a damp make up sponge. If i want to use this as a concealer i use a brush to conceal under my eyes and round my nose etc. I love the natural finish this gives me. it is a semi matte, natural finish that looks very natural. If you prefer your makeup like mine then give this a shot!

The lasting power is great and after a few hours wear still looks fantastic. I am a mac nc 30 , asian skin-toned girl and bought this in SX10 which is medium with beige undertones. This suits me beautifully when used as an overall foundation. As a concealer I am going to purchase SX5 (light with beige undertones) and SX7 (light with neutral yellow undertones).

I have to admit the colour guide is very confusing. as we do not stock this in Australia I had to really jump into the deep end and guess which shades to go for. SX10 is perfect though!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an interesting, high coverage, multipurpose product. I like to mix it in with a bit of eye cream or Argan oil for use under the eyes, or for fuller coverage I go straight in with a fluffy concealer brush. I'm using it currently as a concealer for under the eyes and for marks and blemishes, and it works wonderfully. It instantly covers marks and actually stays on. For a quick but still covered face, I use this and top it off with Sephora's baked mineral powder. I get an awesome, naturally flawless look that is very fast and simple. Granted, I don't have very many problems with my skin now, so I don't really use it as a full-on foundation (I'm also just a tad bit lazy and don't feel like mixing it with anything). But when I randomly remember to do so, it looks amazing when mixed with a light serum. It's really quite heavenly, actually. This is pretty much the best concealer (and occasional foundation) that I've ever tried. It may be a bit on the pricey side, but honestly it's such a tiny pot that has lasted me for the last six months. I haven't even come close to putting a dent in it. I think I would cry and freak out if I lost it :( I don't need to look further for my concealing needs. Beats my NARS stick concealer hands down. If I'm using it as an allover foundation, I don't really like to set it because I like the slightly dewy look it gives. But if I'm using it as a full coverage under-eye concealer, I must set it with a transparent powder. For reference I'm SX 11.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this for a couple weeks. I'm anNC40 and SX08 is perfect. I like it so much I actually have TWO! I think it works better as a concealer than a foundation but that's fine because I have a problematic pigmented totally insane chin area that is totally at odds with the rest of my face which is totally fine. I basically use it to align my chin with my face and then powder over the whole lot and then spray with a setting spray. I love interesting packaging bcuz for me makeup is all abt the aesthetic and so the packaging on this is a little meh! But hey, that didn't stop me from buying two! Ps I apply with stippling brush or real techniques expert face brush which helps to AMAZING coverage. I like:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jenzie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love love love this foundation! I was undecided whether I should buy it or not because it is pretty pricey! But the end I bought it and I'm so glad I did! I purchased mine for £36 from SpaceNK in the shade SX04. As a reference I am an NC20 in MAC. This shade has very strong yellow undertones which works for my light yellow skin. This foundation is a bit of a faff so I would not recommend it for those girls who like to get up and go! I have got my own way of applying this foundation. It had taken some work and some refining but I've got there in the end! I apply this foundation starting with a moisturiser. I use Boots No7 beautiful skin day cream. Over that, I apply a silicone primer which helps the SSE move across your face. I use GOSH velvet touch primer. Then I dab my finger in the pot and dot some product across my face. I then get my Revlon Colorstay in buff, and also dot that over my face, then spritzing my real techniques flawless face brush with Fix+, I start to buff both products in to my skin. After I finish buffing, I tap over the foundation with my fingers just to really melt in into my skin. I then apply the SSE as a concealer over the top, and set it all with Ben Nye Cameo loose powder and the result is amazing! Its a demi matte finish and it lasts all day! It is an incredibly pigmented product though so you don't need a lot believe me! I can see this product lasting me months! Thank you Kevyn Aucoin for creating such a miracle product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why this is listed only as a concealer and not as a foundation, because that's it's best use as far as I'm concerned. Mix it with a blob of primer, moisturizer or luminizer and you get absolutely natural looking, satiny skin. It's so flexible, you can make it sheer or medium or even full coverage, but I find the last too cakey looking. That's why I don't like it as a concealer, even thinned out. Somehow it dries a bit more under my eyes, but all over the face & neck, it's absolutely fantastic. SX08 for NC35-ish slightly olive skin. It has a definite golden tone, which matches my skin perfectly.
Will rebuy forever :-)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product about three times a week for 4 months. I am happy to say that my very breakout and clog prone skin does not react poorly to this product and I have not broken out. You only need a dot or two of this product to cover your entire face. It sheers out nicely to be used as a foundation but also works well as a concealer. Just remember that this product is very full coverage and would probably not be ideal for someone who is looking for a more sheer foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by MeganRoseLane

After reading all of the amazing reviews on this foundation I was beyond excited when It arrived in the post. I bought it in 08 which is perfect for me as I am an NC35/37 in MAC. It would definitely be too light in the Summer, but it works wonders when mixed with a thinner foundation or BB cream, so you could always mix it with a darker foundation rather than buying a new one.

The tub looks TINY for a foundation but you literally need a pea size amount to cover your entire face. I have found that mixing it with Estee Lauder double wear and a tiny amount of MAC Lustre drops (For a goldy shimmer) gives you the most flawless finish. Probably too heavy for the day, but perfect for a night out. (And it looks great under flash photography, no dreaded white mask face!!!)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by slove14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this product since February of 2008 when I went into a Sephora and asked for a full coverage foundation (Sephora no longer carries it in-store, I use beauty.com to order it). I have light freckles and some red blotchy spots on my face that I wanted to cover up.

As soon as the lady put this foundation on my skin, I fell in love. It is wonderful. I use sx08 as my everyday foundation (yes, I know it's full coverage, but that's the look I'm going for). It leaves my skin looking flawless. If I were bold enough, I'd take a before and after picture just to show you how wonderfully it works. I use sx 06 as my concealer. I use it over top of my foundation under my eyes and to contour my nose. It's heavenly. I use this product everyday, multiple times a day and it still lasts me between 4-6 months depending upon the time of the year.

I would recommend using a setting powder after since it is creamy, it does tend to transfer. A setting powder helps alleviate this issue. I use Graftobian Pro Setting Powder in translucent. It works like a charm and is inexpensive--$6.49. Plus, it'll last forever.

This is the first and only review I've written on Makeup Alley, but it's a product that I feel so strongly about that I deemed it necessary. If you're undecided about whether or not to buy it, DO IT! I promise you won't regret it. :)

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product...all I can say is wow. It's a HIGHLY pigmented, incredibly versatile concealer that you can use on its own as a concealer or a foundation, or, that you can add to your existing foundations/moisturizers/primers to customize the amount of coverage you need.

I work this into a tinted moisturizer and build it up over areas that need more coverage. My skin looks absolutely flawless and I don't feel like I have a ton of product caked on my face. I also mix it into a drop of my TM at a slightly higher concentration and use it to spot conceal and it works beautifully. The color I was matched to (SX07) is slightly too light for my skin tone (NW20); however, since I can get away with using so little of it at a time and because I'm mixing it with something that better matches my skin tone it's really not a problem.

You do have to spend a little time working with this product to get it just right, but once you do, the result is completely worth it. A tiny bit goes a long way, so even though it's a little pricey it will last you a while. This is a fantastic addition to my makeup collection.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NW25-30ish and shade SX09 is my match. I really like this product! It is essentially pure oil-based pigment. One tiny tiny little pot contains enough for years worth of uses-seriously. All you need to do an entire face in full foundation mode is smaller than the size of a grain of rice-closer to the size of a pinhead (for real!). Do NOT plop this out in an "average pump size" blob to work with-that will be enough to not only do your entire face but that of 15 of your closest relatives, 2 of your neighbors and 5 miscellaneous other people you meet while walking down the street.

Now for some advice. This is not a "slap it on and go" product. You need to work with it, to blend it, buff it. But the payoff is absolute smooth pure coverage perfection!

This product can be used as either a spot concealer (I like to use it on my "no foundation" days since I have fairly good skin just to even out skin tone), or as a full on foundation. This product can be sheered out with a lotion or primer to use but a caution-as this is an oil-based product, do not attempt to thin it with a water based product (oil and water do not mix!), you need to use an oil-based lotion or primer (Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer works well for this!). This is a bit heavy for "undereye" concealer unless you sheer it out signficantly.

My skin is mostly dry and loves this product. I have heard that it tends to slide off of oilier skins but obviously I cannot confirm that-so definitely try before you buy if you have oilier skin.

And this is definitely a try in person product to get a color match. Some of the undertones are neutral/beige, some are yellowish and some are pinkish. You may or may not have an exact match or need to mix.

39 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No