The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 1/18/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few products from The Body Shop that has ever impressed me. Although calling it a scrub is a bit of a stretch, it's very calming and moisturizing as a mask. The scrubby bits are oat pieces, and they are too large and there are too few of them to really exfoliate well, so don't expect this product to perform as a scrub. As a moisture mask, however, this product performs very well: my skin is always very soft and glowy after use, no matter how dry, flaky, or irritated it was before I used the mask. It does help control redness and irritation, even to the extent of making any blemishes look less red and inflamed. Your skin will feel and look very good after using this, especially if, like me, your skin gets dry in winter. It smells amazing too. Does have a tendency to make my skin a little itchy for the last few minutes of use, however, so those with sensitive skin should be wary.

on 1/14/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great for my skin in the winter! I usually use a gentle scrub and then slap a layer of this on while I'm in the shower...it locks in moisture for my combination skin without making me greasy, and it smells super yummy, too. Since the tub sort of sucks (I hate having to deal with tubs in the shower) I put it in a small travel bottle so it is easier to use. I use it a few times a week. While it was a bit pricey (always wait for skincare sales!!!) it will last a long time, since you only need a little.

on 1/10/2010 11:27:00 PM

Every girl should own this! I used to have bumps and acnes on my forehead & after using this weekly after steaming my face, the acnes would reduce significantly. The result last for about a week or so..but i have been using it every week for the past 1 year. I love how it controls the oil on my face and give a smooth touch after washing it off. But do apply toner & moisturizer after that to keep your face clean & glowy. Overall, a great product for my dry & sensitive skin. The quantity can last for a loooongg time as well! Been using it for a year weekly/bi-weekly...and i still have lots left =)

on 1/3/2010 11:37:00 PM

This mask has really fine grains that provides a mild scrubbing effect. Makes my skin feels moisturized and soft. However, it stings my eye for a few seconds upon application even though I didn't apply near the eyes. But it goes away after a few seconds so I'm fine with it. It gives the skin a healthy look after rinsing it off, radiant and smooth.

This is a great mask. I love the smell. I use it about once a week in the bath to relax and I find that it tones down some of the redness cuased by some mild acne I get here and there.

on 11/23/2009 9:15:00 AM

First of all, I think calling this a scrub is misleading because it's not that exfoliating. I use it once a week but still need a separate exfoliator (on a separate day) to get my skin feeling fresh. It's moisturizing, smells delicious, and makes my skin feel smother. I use it as a mask while I'm in the bathtub and rinse it off in the shower so I didn't have any of those problems rinsing it off that other reviewers mentioned. One downside is the container it's in. You only need to use a small amount of the product and since I only use it once a week I still have quite a bit left even though it's been almost a year since I bought it. I feel that a tube would have been better, with less risk of bacteria breeding since this is not a product that will get used up quickly.

on 11/21/2009 1:55:00 AM

I love this scrub mask. I have sensitive skin, and this is great, it doesnt irratate it at all and makes my skin look and feel nice. A definite must buy. :]

I loved this product-the smell, the texture and have recently started making my own. I do have a jar at home but only use it whenever I run out of my homemade stuff. I think TheBodyShop have the right idea, but obviously they have to put preservatives and other chemical stuff I can't even pronounce! So I prefer my own = just kaolin clay + manuka honey + ground oats + a teaspoon or two of ground rice for exfoliation (even a few drops of tea tree oil if I'm breaking out). I do, however have to give credit to the original oat and honey mask for inspiration!

on 9/18/2009 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great moisturizing mask for my oil skin. It slightly exfoliates then moisturizes my face without overly burden my skin with nutritions. Love it. I always stock this mask when tbs has its twice-a-year buy 2 get 1 free deal.

on 8/13/2009 7:18:00 PM

Well I've not actually gone through a full sized product, but I did use a sample for this. I have to say... the smell is amazing! Makes me all hungry lol...

However, it didn't really do much for my skin... didn't feel any cleaner or anything. But I guess it is a rather good treat every now and then... it is also pretty gentle.

I don't really care for how it's in a jar... as quite a number of my other reviews have stated... it's not very hygienic and can be quite a hassle.

But just have to say I did absolutely enjoy the smell of this thing =)

Popular Masks