April 20, 2014 | 1199 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I love this scrub mask. I have sensitive skin, and this is great, it doesnt irratate it at all and makes my skin look and feel nice. A definite must buy. :]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by prozacnation88

I loved this product-the smell, the texture and have recently started making my own. I do have a jar at home but only use it whenever I run out of my homemade stuff. I think TheBodyShop have the right idea, but obviously they have to put preservatives and other chemical stuff I can't even pronounce! So I prefer my own = just kaolin clay + manuka honey + ground oats + a teaspoon or two of ground rice for exfoliation (even a few drops of tea tree oil if I'm breaking out). I do, however have to give credit to the original oat and honey mask for inspiration!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by dliu8456

Great moisturizing mask for my oil skin. It slightly exfoliates then moisturizes my face without overly burden my skin with nutritions. Love it. I always stock this mask when tbs has its twice-a-year buy 2 get 1 free deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by carllin87

Well I've not actually gone through a full sized product, but I did use a sample for this. I have to say... the smell is amazing! Makes me all hungry lol...

However, it didn't really do much for my skin... didn't feel any cleaner or anything. But I guess it is a rather good treat every now and then... it is also pretty gentle.

I don't really care for how it's in a jar... as quite a number of my other reviews have stated... it's not very hygienic and can be quite a hassle.

But just have to say I did absolutely enjoy the smell of this thing =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

I really don't know why this product has such negative reviews! I looove it!! Everytime I want my skin to look new and fresh y use this mask, I leave it around 30 mins. or so, and I rinse it with cold water. I don't think this is hard to rinse like some reviews say, I just splash water several times and it is off. My skin looks new and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

I bought this to help moisturise my dry skin. Unfortunately I can't use it around my mouth where most of my dry patches are because it burns. Anywhere else on my face is OK, just not there. It moisturises a bit but not a huge amount and is hard to get off. I can't see how it exfoliates at all the oat pieces are really soft. Overall an OK product but there are better ones out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Pi74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The fragrance of this mask is sweet, a little too sweet for me when it is on my face but after rinsing it off I get whiffs of a lovely fragrance. I cannot say it works wonders for my skin, but it is allright, I get soft, clean cheeks. I am not sure if I would buy it again, but that is more because I am not really enthousiastic about face masks in general. If I wanted to buy a face mask again, I probably would buy this one (or Lush's Love Lettuce.)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First things first - this mask doesn't exactly scrub. Although there are oat bits, I'm not convinced that they actually exfoliate. But this mask does help skin glow for a night out and makes skin feel very clean and moisturized. It smells great too! It's pricey, but it lasts for a long time - trust me - don't be fooled by the little container! As there are better alternatives out there, I will not be repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this as my free product in a buy two, get one free special at The Body Shop. I'm pleased I did.

I really like the scent, and I feel the mask does a decent job of doing what it claims to do. It tingles a bit when I put it on, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized when washed off.

Even though I got it free, I'll definitely repurchase once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a gimmicky product that's supposed to work in 3 different ways at the same time: 1) organic honey moisturises and helps condition the skin. 2) Oatmeal grains help to gently remove dead skin cells. 3) Kaolin clay is a mineral that helps to draw impurities out from the skin.

There's no way that one product can perform all those duties at the same time, but I do think that it's quite a nice scrub on its own right, and I've been using it as such. I wouldn't leave it on my face as a mask, since my skin is very blemish-prone, and this product contains a known pore-clogger, myristyl myristate.