August 21, 2014 | 2106 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - X eye shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shadow is truly amazing , I usually only buy drugstore makeup so i was a little hesitant to spend $16 on one eyeshadow , but I'm so glad i did , i was even so impressed with the texture i ordered two more urban decay shadows , this shadow has a wonderful smooth texture , the color is a light beige-y gold with a rose tint , although if you do not want to shell out $16 for this shadow you may want to look into L'oreal H.i.p's Flare duo(the gold side is very similar to this except without a rose tint) but regardless this is my New HG eyeshadow and i love how its a duo tone e/s , i also love that you don't have to run your eyeshadow brush over this 100 times to pick up color!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by AshleeEileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised with this. I really didn't think the peachy, golden, pink-ish, organge-ish color was going to look good on me. But I am shocked again. This color looks good, it makes my deep blue eyes POP when I wear just a smidge of it. I wore a mixture of X and black shadow (Jane Clubbing, the old formula btw) the other day and I received compliments on my eye color all day. I would definitely recommend this color to blue eyed girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ilovepink82

This is a beautiful color! Great pigmentation, you do not need much. I recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by nubfish

This is probably the first Urban Decay eyeshadow that I bought and it was a great buy. It is a lovely shimmery golden peach color. At first I was a little hesitant because I worried that it might be glittery but it is in my opinion the right kind of shimmer. Several of my friends with different complexions and different skin tones have used this eyeshadow and it looks great on all of them. great staying power. Would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by janehex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this color. It's been at the back of my shadow drawer for a while and I recently rediscovered it. Lovely shimmery neutral, I wear it over Clinique "nude sparkle" touch tint. I have a fair-olive complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

X wasn't the first UD eyeshadow I bought and I actually passed over it the first few times I browsed the shadows at Sephora because it looks very peachy in the container and I couldn't imagine how a peach shadow could look good on me, particularly since the areas around my eyes are more heavily pigmented than the rest of my face and have a peachy-pink color to them already, which is something I'd prefer to cover up. But after browsing UD's site for the gazillionth time looking at the shades and planning my next purchase, I saw that X is a duotone shadow (I *love* duotone shadows) and that it has a gold shift to it, which sounded beautiful.

On one of my most recent trips to Sephora, I picked up a pot and I'm in LOVE. This is quite possibly one of the most flattering shades of shadow I've ever put on my eyelids. While I usually wear something more neutral (MAC Shroom is a popular choice for me), X does something I can't quite describe to my eyelids. It makes me look healthier, more awake and softer all at once. It's definitely a peachy shade on my lids, but when I move my head, it changes to a soft, shimmery gold that's surprisingly flattering next to my grey-blue eyes.

And the texture. Oh, the texture! I love MAC shadows, I really do. They were my first makeup love (and MAC always has a special place in my heart), but UD shadows' texture blows them out of the water. They go on like silk and look so smooth and velvety on my lids. I could rub my fingers on the surface of UD's shadows all day long, they feel so nice and silky smooth.

This is a definite repurchase and it may very well be my new default shadow shade. It also looks gorgeous when I pair it with my BE Buxom Lips gloss in Amber for a nice, soft, peachy look that brightens up my whole face and gives me a healthy glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by m1029

Thiswas acctually my first eyeshadow that i bought with my own money. i thought it was a little expensive for what it was but now i think it was totally worth it. the X colour is very sparkly and goes amazingly with my hair (Stawbery blonde). A little goes along way, so the price pays off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this e/s comes second in my favorites only to urban decays half baked... only because i have so many uses for that one.... im a huge fan of urban decay shadows, theyre not to over the top glittery and are highly pigmented (and their matte shadows are the most silky/velvety i have ever tried)...

where to start with this color... i cant really think of any cons.. its a gorgeous shade of gold... looks a lot like half baked, but has more rosey/peach undertones... if you love gold looks this is a shadow you should definitely have in your collection... like half baked it can be used as a stand alone color, a highlight for browbones, cheeks (for that sunkissed look), or for a wash of color that adds dimension with its peach undertones... im already on my 2nd pot

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is a shimmery, peachy gold color that looks great used in a variety of different looks, it looks as good paired with brights as with neutrals and makes a great lid color or highlighter, depending your coloring and the shadows paired with it. Not the most exciting color, but certainly versitale. The formula is typical urban decay-absolutely perfect texture that blends beautifully and wears like IRON....UD eyeshadows essentially never crease. Overally, pretty, versitale shadow to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kytteninlove

I love this neutral rose tinted gold shadow. I love all UD's shadows, but this one is a favorite. It works great as an all over color or just as a highlighter. I have light to medium asian skin and this color is a great match to it.