MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

on 6/26/2012 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can see why there is such a hype about this product! It's a matte, medium-toned, warm brown shade that really reminds me of caramel. I wouldn't call this a "dark" shade at all, it's one of the lightest browns I own. The formula is GREAT, very pigmented and blendable! On my NC25 skin, I like to use it at my crease for a natural, subtle look. It's not dark enough to really give me a defined "outer v", but it will give me some contouring without being too obvious.

I think this is a great color for everyone who has light to medium skin. Even if you're cool-toned, I'd give this color a try because it's just so pretty and versatile! It may not show up on dark skin.

NOTE: A close dupe of this is the medium, matte shade in the WnW Vanity palette (the one with lots of nude and brown shades).

on 5/17/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely, matte color that I turn to often. It's the perfect brown shade for my NW20 skin. For day to day wear, I usually apply the Painterly Paint Pot on my eyelid all the way up to my eyebrow. I then use Naked Lunch on my lid and then Wedge in the crease. This creates a nice, neutral look for daytime. Sometimes I highlight the inner corners and browbone with the browbone color from Wet n Wild's Walking On Eggshells palette. Quick, easy, and lovely on just about anyone. Unfortunately, MAC's shadow prices are a bit high, so I probably won't repurchase. Especially since I've found some great dupes in Wet n Wild and a few other brands. Still, this is a lovely eyeshadow and will probably last me forever!

on 5/7/2012 5:18:00 AM

I think this is a really great eyeshadow, it is a really basic color and you can build it up to as dark as you want. It goes with every eye color. Although it is pricy I would definitely buy it again.

on 5/5/2012 6:24:00 PM

i love wedge. its one of my top 3 eyeshadows. perfect for a subtle day look. you can create a beautiful and easy light "smokey" brown look - perfect for day time, or you can use it as a crease color and combine it with many other eyeshadows (some of them : brule, bisque, naked lunch etc - for a subtle day time look)
also, wedge is a "dupe" of cork - though its lighter. (you can use wedge on the lid and cork on the crease or outer v for a brownish look)

on 5/5/2012 5:03:00 PM

I use this as contour for my nose and it works wonders. For reference, I am extremley pale (I belong in Twilight) and it looks pretty natural on me, especially if I use the right brush with it.

on 4/23/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I highly recommend this for those who are both lighter than NC/NW35 and beginners to contouring. It's a subtle taupe (like the color of light dusty dirt that accumulates outside during spring - thankfully it doesn't look like exactly that on my face) color that will contour both the crease and face. Won't be too noticeable at all. Neutral undertone, suitable for NCs and NWs and in-betweens.

For those looking for more intense contouring shades, however, this will be too light. I tried this when I was an NC/NW20 and when I fake-tanned up to NW30. Even when I was lighter, it took me a good 3 or 4 swipes or more to get the intensity of noticeable contouring that I want. As I got darker, it still showed up but obviously not as intense.

I'm a hard core contour freak, so I just use this on areas where I need only subtle contour, such as my nose and hollows of cheeks. It's not dark enough to make a difference to conceal my double chin or on my hooded eye lids for which I try to create serious depth. I do use it, however, as a blending color for my eye crease (I use a darker brown as the actual crease line).

Not bad as a an all round contour color, though. I would choose this first if I couldn't have any other bronzers or contour colors.

I love this wedge eyeshadow!! I always use it to contour my cheeks, nose and temples. People say emote and wedge are just the same. Well I am between nw20 and nc25 and this looks very natural in my skin color.
Definitely i would buy it again.

on 1/28/2012 7:48:00 PM

This is a great crease, shading and subtle neutral for me. I get really good wearability from this eyeshadow too.

on 1/25/2012 2:16:00 PM

I mentioned this product as part of a review of MAC legendary black pro longwear shadow. I was recommended this shade by a MAC MUA when I was looking for a look, and she recommended the black shadow as a lid color with wedge as the countour/eraser type color. For all my love of makeup, this was actually the first time I ever encountered the concept of using a neutral skintoned color to provide a cleanup and transition of darker shades, and I think it's brilliant. Since then I've also picked up a few other lighter neutral shades from MAC (my skin is pretty pale - NC20 - so a few lighter shades I thought would round out my collection). Anyway, I think it's brilliant as an eraser shade, and it also makes for a good nude eye with a fun eyeliner - purple or teal, for example. I love the matte shadows - perhaps not as silky as matte 2, but still a great product. I wish the pan were just a little bit bigger for how versatile this shade is (even if they came up with deluxe sizes for all the 'neutral' shades and charged more too). I think this will become a permanent shade in my collection, something I'll pick up again.

on 1/22/2012 7:41:00 PM

A great everyday color for me. Not too light or two dark. Found it on a makeup tutorial on thesmallthingsblog.com and glad I bought it (along with vanilla). Don't think I'll ever hit pan on this or any of my MAC shadows even though I use them a lot. To me (a cheapskate usually) they are worth the extra cost over ds eyeshadows.

Video Reviews & Tutorials