September 18, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love wedge. its one of my top 3 eyeshadows. perfect for a subtle day look. you can create a beautiful and easy light "smokey" brown look - perfect for day time, or you can use it as a crease color and combine it with many other eyeshadows (some of them : brule, bisque, naked lunch etc - for a subtle day time look)
also, wedge is a "dupe" of cork - though its lighter. (you can use wedge on the lid and cork on the crease or outer v for a brownish look)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I use this as contour for my nose and it works wonders. For reference, I am extremley pale (I belong in Twilight) and it looks pretty natural on me, especially if I use the right brush with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I highly recommend this for those who are both lighter than NC/NW35 and beginners to contouring. It's a subtle taupe (like the color of light dusty dirt that accumulates outside during spring - thankfully it doesn't look like exactly that on my face) color that will contour both the crease and face. Won't be too noticeable at all. Neutral undertone, suitable for NCs and NWs and in-betweens.

For those looking for more intense contouring shades, however, this will be too light. I tried this when I was an NC/NW20 and when I fake-tanned up to NW30. Even when I was lighter, it took me a good 3 or 4 swipes or more to get the intensity of noticeable contouring that I want. As I got darker, it still showed up but obviously not as intense.

I'm a hard core contour freak, so I just use this on areas where I need only subtle contour, such as my nose and hollows of cheeks. It's not dark enough to make a difference to conceal my double chin or on my hooded eye lids for which I try to create serious depth. I do use it, however, as a blending color for my eye crease (I use a darker brown as the actual crease line).

Not bad as a an all round contour color, though. I would choose this first if I couldn't have any other bronzers or contour colors.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this wedge eyeshadow!! I always use it to contour my cheeks, nose and temples. People say emote and wedge are just the same. Well I am between nw20 and nc25 and this looks very natural in my skin color.
Definitely i would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great crease, shading and subtle neutral for me. I get really good wearability from this eyeshadow too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mentioned this product as part of a review of MAC legendary black pro longwear shadow. I was recommended this shade by a MAC MUA when I was looking for a look, and she recommended the black shadow as a lid color with wedge as the countour/eraser type color. For all my love of makeup, this was actually the first time I ever encountered the concept of using a neutral skintoned color to provide a cleanup and transition of darker shades, and I think it's brilliant. Since then I've also picked up a few other lighter neutral shades from MAC (my skin is pretty pale - NC20 - so a few lighter shades I thought would round out my collection). Anyway, I think it's brilliant as an eraser shade, and it also makes for a good nude eye with a fun eyeliner - purple or teal, for example. I love the matte shadows - perhaps not as silky as matte 2, but still a great product. I wish the pan were just a little bit bigger for how versatile this shade is (even if they came up with deluxe sizes for all the 'neutral' shades and charged more too). I think this will become a permanent shade in my collection, something I'll pick up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great everyday color for me. Not too light or two dark. Found it on a makeup tutorial on thesmallthingsblog.com and glad I bought it (along with vanilla). Don't think I'll ever hit pan on this or any of my MAC shadows even though I use them a lot. To me (a cheapskate usually) they are worth the extra cost over ds eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by smartspork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great eye shadow for all skin tones and great for the over 40 crowd. Great crease base and works well when you contour with Handwritten and to soften the look brush over Brule for a nice everyday look

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by eliin

Yes, this shadow is brilliant and awesome in every wayne there is :) it's great fot everyday make-up's but also for blending out with when you do more advanced Make-up's :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

doesnt really show up on my skin. good for blending out colors though