MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for soft brown by MAC but my MAC counter was sold out of it so I asked the MUA there what would be a good alternative until I can come back and buy it and she suggested this. Now it's not as dark as I wanted but this is a really great shadow for neutral looks and to blur out harsh edges. It's also a great day time contour shadow it's very subtle and blends beautifully. This is a great light brown colour that would go great with lighter to medium skin tones. I will definitely buy this again if I ever run out, which I don't think I will because you don't even need to use that much to get it to show up.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is a beautiful color that compliments my blue eyes without being too taupe. Great for blending and complimenting other warm shadows. I enjoy it for neutral looks alot, and it can double as a contouring powder in a pinch. It definitely has a warmth to it that Groundwork paint pot does not have, it swings more pink than that shade. But both are great subtle crease and transition colors.

Perfect contouring shade for NC20 skin. Looks very natural and it's hard to overdo.
I don't use it as an eyeshadow, only sometimes lightly in the crease.
Wish it came blush sized.

My favourite of the MAC shadows I own! This is everything I want in a shadow- warm, natural, soft, easy to blend...its perfect! I use this with ORB. I use it on my crease and it becomes a wonderful, warm look! Especially with a shadow like Orb, which is peachy but not exactly warm. It is a perfect colour for fall!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I absolutley love this colour, similar to kid, but with a slightly less pink tone. Really want to love the eyshadow but I seem to have to work so hard to get anything out of the pan. When I actually do this is my one of my favorite colours. I don't don't have the time or the patience everyday to do that.

Hoping it was just a bad batch, but I won't be buying again to find out. Kid is similar but a Matte2 and much easier to work with. Can't seem to throw away wedge, but just finished telling it how much I hate it and I wish it would work like my others.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this as a crease colour as recommended to by an SA that worked there, but its very light for me. I really had to pack it on just to show up. I swapped this away and I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can see why there is such a hype about this product! It's a matte, medium-toned, warm brown shade that really reminds me of caramel. I wouldn't call this a "dark" shade at all, it's one of the lightest browns I own. The formula is GREAT, very pigmented and blendable! On my NC25 skin, I like to use it at my crease for a natural, subtle look. It's not dark enough to really give me a defined "outer v", but it will give me some contouring without being too obvious.

I think this is a great color for everyone who has light to medium skin. Even if you're cool-toned, I'd give this color a try because it's just so pretty and versatile! It may not show up on dark skin.

NOTE: A close dupe of this is the medium, matte shade in the WnW Vanity palette (the one with lots of nude and brown shades).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely, matte color that I turn to often. It's the perfect brown shade for my NW20 skin. For day to day wear, I usually apply the Painterly Paint Pot on my eyelid all the way up to my eyebrow. I then use Naked Lunch on my lid and then Wedge in the crease. This creates a nice, neutral look for daytime. Sometimes I highlight the inner corners and browbone with the browbone color from Wet n Wild's Walking On Eggshells palette. Quick, easy, and lovely on just about anyone. Unfortunately, MAC's shadow prices are a bit high, so I probably won't repurchase. Especially since I've found some great dupes in Wet n Wild and a few other brands. Still, this is a lovely eyeshadow and will probably last me forever!

I think this is a really great eyeshadow, it is a really basic color and you can build it up to as dark as you want. It goes with every eye color. Although it is pricy I would definitely buy it again.

i love wedge. its one of my top 3 eyeshadows. perfect for a subtle day look. you can create a beautiful and easy light "smokey" brown look - perfect for day time, or you can use it as a crease color and combine it with many other eyeshadows (some of them : brule, bisque, naked lunch etc - for a subtle day time look)
also, wedge is a "dupe" of cork - though its lighter. (you can use wedge on the lid and cork on the crease or outer v for a brownish look)

Top Rated MAC Products