July 22, 2014 | 1350 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by foamytea123

I've bought this cleanser a few times in the past but for some reason decided to stop using it for a good two years. I don't know exactly why I stopped but the most likely conjecture is that I got bored and wanted to try new things.

No other cleanser smells quite as brilliant and delicious as this one. It smells like oranges as you might anticipate (just because a product says it smells like orange doesn't mean that it always does- the Avalon Organics orange cleanser smelled like orange scented chemical detergent). The scent is probably my favorite thing about this cleanser as I don't honestly think BBOEC is the HG cleanser of the world...as it is not appropriate for all skin types (particularly oily).

In my opinion, dry skin types would benefit most from this cleanser and won't feel the "filmy remnants" that oily skin types do. I certainly didn't when I used it. IMO it cleaned without stripping and left my face nicely soft and moisturized.

NOTE* This stuff does not foam so if you're looking for the bubbles and that squeaky clean feeling- this isn't it.

8 dollars a is bargain price IMO for a cleanser. Perhaps because I have been wastefully extravagant in my selection of cleansers since I ceased using this one::

Clinique's 7 Day Scrub, Origins Frothy Cleanser, Origins Perfect World Cleanser, Kose Nature & Co Cleanser, Purity Cleanser, Missha Super Aqua Cream Cleanser, Boots No. 7 Cream cleanser, Boots No.7 Radiance Scrub...of these I would say Burts Bees is better than the majority of them with the exception of Purity & Origins Perfect World but then again you also have pay quite a bit more for the latter. So for the time being I've decided to go back to good old Burts Bees. When my pocket book gets fatter, there's a chance I'll swing by Purity & Origins again but otherwise it's all about Burt.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually like Burt's Bee's products, but this one I would not repurchase. I am using it up to completion, because I hate to waste money, but it doesn't make me feel like it's cleansing my face at all...and has made my eyes burn a few times due to the acidity of the orange essence. I like the concept, the tube, etc, but it just isn't effective and doesn't make me feel clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is some impressive stuff! I've used Burt's Bees' Orange Essence Facial Cleanser for the past week and a half and am surprised at how much better it removes eye makeup than any other product I've tried--even ones specifically designed to remove eye makeup. It does leave a "film" behind as other reviewers have said, but I think it's moisturizing. And you could always use a toner after if you want a squeaky clean face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I consider this to be a moisturizing facial cleanser for dry skin. I don't use it to remove makeup (I use make up remover to do that) and only use it when my skin is feeling dry/flaky. I have formerly oily skin that has turned combo but still acne-prone. I only use this once day (maybe twice on the rare occasion), it will clog my skin if I use it too frequently. It makes my skin soft and balanced. I love the orange scent and thick texture.

It's great at what it's suppose to do--cleanse (and slightly moisturize) dry skin. It does leave a soft film on the skin--I consider that the moisturizing side effect. It's not a miracle-worker but works well. I'm on my second tube of it and intend to keep using, especially in the winter!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yuk, yuk, YUK!!!

This stuff left my face feeling more dirty than before washing. I can't get over the smell...it makes me feel like I'm washing my face with pledge cleaner!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

Smells nice, but doesn't entirely clean off my makeup and oil on my skin. More of an oily cleanser and quite thick, so if you have dry skin this would be perfect for you. I need a lot of product just to get off my barely there make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. Firstly, it smells divine, so zesty and clean, a really orangey citrus smell so it is great to use in the morning ti wake up. The cleanser is a thick orange colour and you can smell the natural orange essence oil in it clearly. The cleanser glides on easy even though the texture is thick, it warms on contact with the skin and you can almost feel the grime and make up melting away, it really works. I have found with many cream cleansers (I cannot use foam cleansers because I have quite dry skin) that it is very difficult to remove my eye make up and I have to cleanse twice in order for my skin to feel truly clean. With this cleanser I just have to use it once, it is fantastic at removing makeup and thoroughly cleanses. I will definitely be buying this product again. After I have used it my skin feels soft, and looks, clean and dewy, it's great. The packaging is pretty and not to big, and the cost is really reasonable for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells fantastic! The way I like to use it is with a wash cloth. It feels like it cleans without over drying. If oil is a problem for you, I would suggest using a mild toner after using this. I personally like how it feels like it cleans and moisturizes in one step.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wasnt a big fan of this cleanser.first of all, it doesnt lather, which is fine i supposs, as long as it does what it's supposed to do, which is cleanse the dirt and make up off my face. secondly, it made my eyes sting. probebely cuz of the acidity of the orange. so that made it hard for me to get my eye make up off. i needed to used a lot of eye makeup remover afterwards. thirdly, i judge the effectiveness of a cleanser by how much dirt and make up is left on my cotton pad after applying a toner. with this cleanser, my cottonpad was very soiled.

pros? i liked the invigorating smell. its the kind of smell that you woild like to wake up to in the morning. secondly, it wasn't drying. it's all natural, but i dont think that makes it particularly any better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this.

just a few facts:
-- doesnt lather
-- smells like oranges enough to make me taste it once. lol
-- a little goes a long way

my skin:
fair, acne-prone, combination skin. i've tried a LOT of stuff for acne

how i use.
if paula's choice skin balancing cleanser wanst mg hg this would be. so right now i just use it whenever i feel like my skin needs extra moisture, mainly after i do a tca peel. and although ths does moisturize my skin, it DOES clean it as well, and i dont feel oily afterwards. i apply on wet skin, rub it in, let it sit for a minute or 2, and rinse with warm water.

will re-buy again and again!