April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I consider this to be a moisturizing facial cleanser for dry skin. I don't use it to remove makeup (I use make up remover to do that) and only use it when my skin is feeling dry/flaky. I have formerly oily skin that has turned combo but still acne-prone. I only use this once day (maybe twice on the rare occasion), it will clog my skin if I use it too frequently. It makes my skin soft and balanced. I love the orange scent and thick texture.

It's great at what it's suppose to do--cleanse (and slightly moisturize) dry skin. It does leave a soft film on the skin--I consider that the moisturizing side effect. It's not a miracle-worker but works well. I'm on my second tube of it and intend to keep using, especially in the winter!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yuk, yuk, YUK!!!

This stuff left my face feeling more dirty than before washing. I can't get over the smell...it makes me feel like I'm washing my face with pledge cleaner!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

Smells nice, but doesn't entirely clean off my makeup and oil on my skin. More of an oily cleanser and quite thick, so if you have dry skin this would be perfect for you. I need a lot of product just to get off my barely there make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. Firstly, it smells divine, so zesty and clean, a really orangey citrus smell so it is great to use in the morning ti wake up. The cleanser is a thick orange colour and you can smell the natural orange essence oil in it clearly. The cleanser glides on easy even though the texture is thick, it warms on contact with the skin and you can almost feel the grime and make up melting away, it really works. I have found with many cream cleansers (I cannot use foam cleansers because I have quite dry skin) that it is very difficult to remove my eye make up and I have to cleanse twice in order for my skin to feel truly clean. With this cleanser I just have to use it once, it is fantastic at removing makeup and thoroughly cleanses. I will definitely be buying this product again. After I have used it my skin feels soft, and looks, clean and dewy, it's great. The packaging is pretty and not to big, and the cost is really reasonable for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells fantastic! The way I like to use it is with a wash cloth. It feels like it cleans without over drying. If oil is a problem for you, I would suggest using a mild toner after using this. I personally like how it feels like it cleans and moisturizes in one step.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wasnt a big fan of this cleanser.first of all, it doesnt lather, which is fine i supposs, as long as it does what it's supposed to do, which is cleanse the dirt and make up off my face. secondly, it made my eyes sting. probebely cuz of the acidity of the orange. so that made it hard for me to get my eye make up off. i needed to used a lot of eye makeup remover afterwards. thirdly, i judge the effectiveness of a cleanser by how much dirt and make up is left on my cotton pad after applying a toner. with this cleanser, my cottonpad was very soiled.

pros? i liked the invigorating smell. its the kind of smell that you woild like to wake up to in the morning. secondly, it wasn't drying. it's all natural, but i dont think that makes it particularly any better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this.

just a few facts:
-- doesnt lather
-- smells like oranges enough to make me taste it once. lol
-- a little goes a long way

my skin:
fair, acne-prone, combination skin. i've tried a LOT of stuff for acne

how i use.
if paula's choice skin balancing cleanser wanst mg hg this would be. so right now i just use it whenever i feel like my skin needs extra moisture, mainly after i do a tca peel. and although ths does moisturize my skin, it DOES clean it as well, and i dont feel oily afterwards. i apply on wet skin, rub it in, let it sit for a minute or 2, and rinse with warm water.

will re-buy again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the sample size (0.5 oz) and I like this. It has an authentic, pleasant orange scent. It is a thick orange gel that does not lather. For reference, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've had this in my cupboard for ~6 years. I was just about to throw it out because I figured it'd be rancid by now, but it seems fine to me so I'm going to use it up. I avoided using this because I used to hate non-lathering cleansers, but these days I loving oil-based cleansers.

I wear mineral makeup and this is great for foundation removal. At first I expected this to remove my makeup, but require me to follow up with a gentle cleanser. It turns out this is enough on its own.

Per the instructions, I rub it onto my dry face, then pat off with a hot cloth. My skin is smooth and hydrated afterwards.

I started using this recently this spring and I don't even need to moisturize afterwards. I am liking this but if I were to try another Burt's cleanser, it would be the radiance one which gets better reviews here.

Update: I think the few times that I did not follow this with a cleanser, I broke out. That's a dealbreaker for me so even though I will finish the small tube, I will not repurchase. A better mu remover that does not break me out is jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bumped

I bought this as my winter cleanser as my skin is usually oily but in the wintertime is dry/combination. It is amazing. I haven't had any big breakouts since getting it. It doesn't dry out my skin, but makes it feel clean. Like others have said, spread it on dry with slightly wet fingers, rub it in, and rub it off with a warm washcloth or face puff. SO SOFT. Don't get it in your eyes. It is acidic (oranges). Anyway, I love this. It is my HG, and I will update my opinion as I am going to try and use it for the summertime as well. :)

UPDATE: NOT good for oily skin - too moisturizing. I guess I'll put it away for the summer. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mekana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I tried this product I absolutely did not like it at all but then using it again and again I now LOVE IT! I have dry skin and using this face cleanser has completely rehydrated my skin and cleared it up. Over all the other expensive & cheap cleansers I have used this one I will be buying again!