October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - nail polish

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2004 12:36:00 AM More reviews by unioncityblue5

A little too expensive for me, and it comes in a HUGE bottle. It stays on for a while, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by cecilialea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried these in a long time, but I am surprised to see all of the comments about hard candy chipping off real easy, because I remember when I bought a bottle of Purple Haze, right after it first came out, it was the best nailpolish I had ever used, the thickest and smoothest application ever. So I hope they haven't changed the formula over the years, I couldn't even get the stuff to chip, not even if I wanted to!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by xPlaymateDreamGrlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*Holy Grail* Nail Polishes (next to Chanel's Crystal Blue and Rose Baby). They are the only brands of nail polish I wear. The colors I use are Skimpy, Sell Out, Trailer Trash, Vinyl, Peep Show, Mirage, Chump, Blast, and Pillow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Piglet and it was all right- nothing I couldn't achieve with a drugstore brand. It gives me a nice shimmer, but it barely shows up and it is sort of running. I will use it until I rn out, but will rebuy in a different color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by TheaRose

Gorgeous colours, but these chip like you wouldn't believe. Mine was flaking off the tips of my nails within 24 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by StellarBella

I have 3 Hard Candy nail polishes-all of which I like:Tricky, Love, and Galaxy.
Galaxy looks cooler in the bottle than on your nails, but it still is pretty. Tricky is a nice greenish gold and Love is cream white. The rings are a clever idea. They are not cheape though. They last a long long time!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sushi_victim

I have a vast collection of Hard Candy nail polishes ranging from all the colors under the sun. But they were all bought years ago when i was much younger and into weird and wacky shades. I wouldnt dream of wearing most of the colors I have and I dont think I would go to HC to look for a color I would wear as I can find plenty of other brands out there with the colors I love. The bottle is cute though, especially with the ring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 7:03:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Hard Candy's color selection; everything from more conservative pinks to frosty blues and greens with glitter. (Unfortunately, they've discontinued a lot of the colors I liked, such as Earth, Sushi, and Gangsta Booty, three of my favorites, and I have been on a quest ever since to find a source for these discontinued colors or another brand with similar colors, to no avail. Oh, well.) It seems the polish chips a lot more easily than it used to (the polish I have in the old bottles still seems to last a lot longer than the polish in the new, bigger bottles); the cream and frost varieties of this polish chip very easily, no matter what I do, usually after the second or third day of wear, but the glitter polishes do have a longer life span. I also appreciate HC's dropping their prices down to 9 bucks a pop for the polish...but please, bring back the good old colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by SaraD

I haven't used Hard Candy nail polishes in a loooong time...like since they first came out...but recently recieved three as a gift. I got Ego (magenta w/sparkle), Piglet (orange w/ a pink sheen to it), and Sonic (ULTRA metallic gold). Piglet is by far my favorite of the three. I'm not big on pink and Sonic is a little too bling for me lol. I have noticed they seem to chip more than they used to. But I put three coats on plus a topcoat last night and so far so good. Plus they still come with the supercute matching ring (which only fits my thumb without sliding around, but oh well). I am glad these were given to me and I will probably repurchase a different color soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2003 11:30:00 PM More reviews by etheralprey

I have to say that I love Hard Candy when it first came out and I love the colors they have, but I do realize that it only takes a day or so with a topcoat and it starts to chip, and chip badly...I'm just glad that I got them at the macy's sale...but if you like color then hard candy and urban decay are great...