Hard Candy nail polish

3.4

on 7/20/2004 8:55:00 PM

I love Hard Candy nailpolish! The colors are always so pretty and they are easy to apply because it doesn't clump. My favorite color is piglet. It's a pearly peach color.

Hard Candy nailpolish is expensive, but it's definatly worth it.

on 4/14/2004 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know if I just got a bad color or bad bottle or what, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with this...mine was a medium baby pink color with a little red glitter in it. The color WOULD be very nice, but it takes a lot of coats to go on at all. The first coat looks like a very sheer pink. So I layer it, but then it needs to be so thick that it chips off very easily. Some people think this nail polish thins, but mine seems to be getting sticky and thick...like, when I pull the brush out, the polish kind of hangs off of it. Not good for even application.

A little too expensive for me, and it comes in a HUGE bottle. It stays on for a while, though.

on 1/30/2004 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I haven't tried these in a long time, but I am surprised to see all of the comments about hard candy chipping off real easy, because I remember when I bought a bottle of Purple Haze, right after it first came out, it was the best nailpolish I had ever used, the thickest and smoothest application ever. So I hope they haven't changed the formula over the years, I couldn't even get the stuff to chip, not even if I wanted to!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

*Holy Grail* Nail Polishes (next to Chanel's Crystal Blue and Rose Baby). They are the only brands of nail polish I wear. The colors I use are Skimpy, Sell Out, Trailer Trash, Vinyl, Peep Show, Mirage, Chump, Blast, and Pillow.

on 12/25/2003 5:56:00 PM

I got this in Piglet and it was all right- nothing I couldn't achieve with a drugstore brand. It gives me a nice shimmer, but it barely shows up and it is sort of running. I will use it until I rn out, but will rebuy in a different color.

on 11/30/2003 12:54:00 AM

Gorgeous colours, but these chip like you wouldn't believe. Mine was flaking off the tips of my nails within 24 hours.

on 11/29/2003 5:02:00 PM

I have 3 Hard Candy nail polishes-all of which I like:Tricky, Love, and Galaxy.
Galaxy looks cooler in the bottle than on your nails, but it still is pretty. Tricky is a nice greenish gold and Love is cream white. The rings are a clever idea. They are not cheape though. They last a long long time!!

on 11/26/2003 7:08:00 PM

I have a vast collection of Hard Candy nail polishes ranging from all the colors under the sun. But they were all bought years ago when i was much younger and into weird and wacky shades. I wouldnt dream of wearing most of the colors I have and I dont think I would go to HC to look for a color I would wear as I can find plenty of other brands out there with the colors I love. The bottle is cute though, especially with the ring.

on 9/23/2003 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Hard Candy's color selection; everything from more conservative pinks to frosty blues and greens with glitter. (Unfortunately, they've discontinued a lot of the colors I liked, such as Earth, Sushi, and Gangsta Booty, three of my favorites, and I have been on a quest ever since to find a source for these discontinued colors or another brand with similar colors, to no avail. Oh, well.) It seems the polish chips a lot more easily than it used to (the polish I have in the old bottles still seems to last a lot longer than the polish in the new, bigger bottles); the cream and frost varieties of this polish chip very easily, no matter what I do, usually after the second or third day of wear, but the glitter polishes do have a longer life span. I also appreciate HC's dropping their prices down to 9 bucks a pop for the polish...but please, bring back the good old colors!

Popular Polishes