July 28, 2014 | 1246 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - nail polish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by cecilialea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried these in a long time, but I am surprised to see all of the comments about hard candy chipping off real easy, because I remember when I bought a bottle of Purple Haze, right after it first came out, it was the best nailpolish I had ever used, the thickest and smoothest application ever. So I hope they haven't changed the formula over the years, I couldn't even get the stuff to chip, not even if I wanted to!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by xPlaymateDreamGrlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*Holy Grail* Nail Polishes (next to Chanel's Crystal Blue and Rose Baby). They are the only brands of nail polish I wear. The colors I use are Skimpy, Sell Out, Trailer Trash, Vinyl, Peep Show, Mirage, Chump, Blast, and Pillow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Piglet and it was all right- nothing I couldn't achieve with a drugstore brand. It gives me a nice shimmer, but it barely shows up and it is sort of running. I will use it until I rn out, but will rebuy in a different color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by TheaRose

Gorgeous colours, but these chip like you wouldn't believe. Mine was flaking off the tips of my nails within 24 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by StellarBella

I have 3 Hard Candy nail polishes-all of which I like:Tricky, Love, and Galaxy.
Galaxy looks cooler in the bottle than on your nails, but it still is pretty. Tricky is a nice greenish gold and Love is cream white. The rings are a clever idea. They are not cheape though. They last a long long time!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sushi_victim

I have a vast collection of Hard Candy nail polishes ranging from all the colors under the sun. But they were all bought years ago when i was much younger and into weird and wacky shades. I wouldnt dream of wearing most of the colors I have and I dont think I would go to HC to look for a color I would wear as I can find plenty of other brands out there with the colors I love. The bottle is cute though, especially with the ring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 7:03:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Hard Candy's color selection; everything from more conservative pinks to frosty blues and greens with glitter. (Unfortunately, they've discontinued a lot of the colors I liked, such as Earth, Sushi, and Gangsta Booty, three of my favorites, and I have been on a quest ever since to find a source for these discontinued colors or another brand with similar colors, to no avail. Oh, well.) It seems the polish chips a lot more easily than it used to (the polish I have in the old bottles still seems to last a lot longer than the polish in the new, bigger bottles); the cream and frost varieties of this polish chip very easily, no matter what I do, usually after the second or third day of wear, but the glitter polishes do have a longer life span. I also appreciate HC's dropping their prices down to 9 bucks a pop for the polish...but please, bring back the good old colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by SaraD

I haven't used Hard Candy nail polishes in a loooong time...like since they first came out...but recently recieved three as a gift. I got Ego (magenta w/sparkle), Piglet (orange w/ a pink sheen to it), and Sonic (ULTRA metallic gold). Piglet is by far my favorite of the three. I'm not big on pink and Sonic is a little too bling for me lol. I have noticed they seem to chip more than they used to. But I put three coats on plus a topcoat last night and so far so good. Plus they still come with the supercute matching ring (which only fits my thumb without sliding around, but oh well). I am glad these were given to me and I will probably repurchase a different color soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2003 11:30:00 PM More reviews by etheralprey

I have to say that I love Hard Candy when it first came out and I love the colors they have, but I do realize that it only takes a day or so with a topcoat and it starts to chip, and chip badly...I'm just glad that I got them at the macy's sale...but if you like color then hard candy and urban decay are great...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2003 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Jen-X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love Hard Candy nailpolishes. To be honest, I only ever buy HC nailpolishes or Anna Sui one. I don't know why other people complain about chipping, because mine stays on forever and out of all the nailpolishes I've used, HC one of the longer lasting ones. Perhaps it's the way you put it on? In my experience, it dries superfast and the colour selections are superfab. I love their nailpolishes :) Don't recommend the glittery ones though. They look good but they take forever to come off.