July 30, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

DIVA is a gorgeous burgundy color and is a go to fall lippy or anytime for a vampy look. I am an NW45 or NC50 depending on the time of year. lol Love this non drying matte finish. Staple!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nc30-35, warm and yellow undertones

This color is a gorgeous deep burgundy purple. This reminds me of revlon's black cherry but diva is a tad bit darker. This shade in my skin tone kind of makes me look gothy but in a chic way. Although formula is matte, it glides on smooth and doesn't completely dry out my lips. With any bold color, especially this shade, you definitely want to exfoliate your lips before application. I love pairing this lipstick with Mac's lip liner in night moth. I apply this lipstick straight from the tube or with a lip brush. Definitely would repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was looking for Diva all the past winter. It was always sold out and now I can see why. Got it a few weeks ago (yay for back 2 MAC!) and I'll certainly wear it a lot this autumn.
Diva is a quite daring (for my NC15 self at least) bold burgundy color. Applied straight from the tube is a bit too dark, vampy and edgy for me, even brownish. Basically the same lip color as the one Lily Rabe wore @ 2013 Emmys.
BUT applied with a soft lip brush as a thin layer it's really gorgeous. Velvety matte deep wine color and much more wearable than I thought. It's not as bright as Ruby Woo, not as predictable as Russian Red and not as innocent as Cockney for example - I love them all by the way.
Diva is a very womanly and sultry color who doesn't scream for attention but gets inevitably noticed. It's not moisturizing and you absolutely have to exfoliate lips before application but it has awesome lasting power.
Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by puffadori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful rich, deep red with hints of burgundy and brown. Looks stunning on my light skin (NW 25). No orange cast. Bold, sexy, inviting. Perfect to create an ethereal look with minimalist eye makeup. Color didn't bleed- stayed put.
Only thing is that it is drying. Add a balm beforehand. Exfoliate lips or it will stick on dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

PROS:

-beautiful on ALL skin, I'm very fair (nw15) and it looks fantastic, my friend is NC40 and it looks great on her as well
-one swipe is very pigmented and rich, but you can also use it as a stain
-great staying power, with lip liner you can make it through an entire meal with barely any colour fading
-classic matte finish, but not too drying
-lovely mac lipstick scent
-smooth application, especially considering it is a matte (that means you, ruby woo)

CONS:
-not moisturizing, when reapplying it can feel a tad dry but it is to be expected with a longwearing color
-price

overall this is my go to dark lip

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by kelseykay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My go-to lip color. Diva never fails! a bit drying like mac's other matte lip colors however the color is so beautiful I don't even care. Try exfoliating a bit and moisturizing before application and it should rid you of some dryness. Give it a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by twenty6twelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a deep almost burgundy color which is quite vampy, it again is a matte formula which can be quite drying yet not as drying as Mac's retro matte formula (ruby woo). So I suggest you to use a moisturizing lip balm before applying this. The color reminds me of the lipstick colors Emma Stone wore in the movie the Gangster Squad and the 20s era.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

For a matte lipstick it isn't very drying, so that's nice. I don't find myself reaching for it very often but I really do love to wear it if that make's sense. All in all I think it's a really good lipstick and I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MegamiOrchard

My nine year old son chose this for me - I usually wear Russian Red but he saw this and said 'Mum, you need to wear this'. The kid obviously has good taste, as it suits me very well. It is a perfect 'deep' red, that goes on very smoothly, more like a creme, but lasts like a matte. Feels great on, though I don't usually find MAC matte lipsticks as drying and many others seem to.

I have previously worn MAC Dubonnet, but I now prefer Diva.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it on others, but this becomes a nasty loud fuchsia on my very pale, very cool skin instead of the rich wine shade I was looking for. I'm trying to use mine up by putting NARS Cruella underneath to tone down the purple. The formula is not as drying as some MAC Mattes, but best to use some sort of balm or conditioner before application to avoid any dryness.