December 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Blush - MAC - Harmony

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by hazeybaby90

As others have said this is a great contouring product because of its reddy undertones but lightly brushed over the forehead and neck also gives a light bronzed effect. Although pricy it is very long lasting, I have used it everyday for 4 months and there is still plenty left (another plus is that I take it every wear and it hasn't cracked or broken yet!) It is definitely a makeup bag staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a NC30-5 with neutral/peachy undertones and found this to be too light as a contour. It didn't really do anything for me actually in terms of contouring..also thought it was a touch orange on my skintone. I didn't try it as a blush. I would prefer BeneFit's Hoola as a contour/overall bronzer. Retails $20 and comes in standard MAC blush packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MauraRose

I really like this product for contouring and adding an overall bronzed look to the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes yes yes! I am super pale and this looks lovely and natural on me. I use it as a bronzed and it looks natural. Nars lacuna is too dark and I do not want sparkles on my face. Benefit hoopla is way too muddy. Chanel soliel de tan is too orange. Too faced chocolate is really powdery on my skin.
Harmony looks so good, it's matte, it only takes the tineiest little bit to give my skin a sun kissed warmth. I am so happy that I tried this. And that even though it's a blush it works so well as a contour or as a bronzed on my fair skin. Hooray!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by onar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love it. Its not only contouring blush.For me it is a beautiful natural blush! Not red, not orange not anything. Just perfect.Also i use it for the crease of my eye to add more depth to my eye make up with a light eyeshadow ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great matte finish, perfect for contouring for me. I also sometimes use this as an eyeshadow believe it or not...its a great "base" colour when doing a smoky eye with dark browns.
Highly recommended for fair to medium skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very good for blush and contouring even for pale skin, but will suit everyone as dark as NC30 or such.
It is very buildable and can give you a very subtle effect or a darker, more defined look.
It's definitely not too terracotta/orange like many blushes and bronze powder can be - this doesn't really make you look tan, it's good for shaping your face. It's greyish brown, and looks like a shadow, not an orange.
Definitely worth the price, considering how long it will last.
The best brush to use this with is the 109 or 168 brush by MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You should be fair to medium toned to use this as a darker more olive skin will have this appear ashen/dirty. Overuse of it can cause this effect as well. I've heard people talk of this as a contour, some to good affect others not so good. Harmony looks great in the hollows of the cheek and at temples/around forehead as contour w/a bit of color for that "nude" look. You need a smaller blush/contour brush for this application such as MAC's old #2 brush or their #116. Some have thought that Harmony has too much color and can sometimes come off a bit pink/orange/peach along with it's mostly brown coloring. In that case you may try "Symmety",though I'm not sure if it's still around. Symmetry is similar to Harmony, but has even less color and more Conour/shadow. For instance; Harmony has too much color to use it as contour down the sides of nose or under and along jawline. Symmetry is better for this kind of shading. I think it's name "Symmetry" has to do w/it's usage: to make symmetrical, as in shading/contouring. Both are Highly Recommende when used properly as Symmetry can look dirtier than Harmony when overused or used on the wrong skin tone. I think you get the proper payoff when applied to a liquid/cream foundation as when you apply these over a powder based base such as Studiofix Compact Powder is when you run into them looking dirty because it's too much pigment applied over pigment. The emmoliency of more liqid type bases once set or not will allow these colors to "grab" without overdoing them (which is when their over deposit will cause this ashen/dirty effect.) It seems Sculpting Powder in "Sculpt" would be most appropriate for professional contouring though it may only be available in MAC Pro Stores or online.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Kathryn9

I bought this colour as a contour, because it was raved about on the internet. I like it, but sadly won't buy it again.

Pros: The tone of this colour is great. I hate pinky contour blushes and this one is a true nude. It's not too brown so it doesnt make me look dirty. I also love how there is no shimmer.

Cons: The only con for me is that its slightly too light for my skin tone, and doesn't contour very well for me. I will keep persisting because it's not cheap, but I feel like I have to cake it on to get it an effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I love Nars' Laguna Bronzer but at times, I have wanted a matte shade to use in defining my cheek bones so decided to try Harmony since most described it as a good blush for contour. I am very pleased with the subtle effect that Harmony produces when applied on my face. At times I do not use any other blush - just it on the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead. The effect is a sort of neutral, earthy look when I match it with similar eye shadow colors and a nude lip.