NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 6/17/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like Nars Orgasm rouge, this is still the best shade of natural-looking shade around for light-skinned girls. After years in the market, it hasn't been bested yet. Still the must-have shade for me.

on 4/30/2012 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow! This color is gorgeous! I have stayed away because of the price point, but I was at Sephora last week and the M/A gave me a sample and I couldn't resist buying it after wearing it for a couple of days. Just like everyone else says: MLBB color. The website describes it as a "sheer dusty rose," but I was afraid this would pull orange or brown and it doesn't. Others have described it as, "rosy-nude," which I think is completely accurate. It is a sheer finish lipstick and I think that's why this color/finish flatters both cool and warm tones.

I was concerned that there was less product because of the compact packaging, but Dolce Vita contains .12 oz/ 3.4 grams, which is the same amount Bobbi Brown lipsticks contain. I actually like the smaller packaging better.

on 4/20/2012 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Semi-sheer beautiful rosy-nude color. I don't know what took me so long to try this but I am in LOVE! My favorite MLBB is Clarins Rose Shimmer and it runs a little pink. This is like a rosier-nude MLBB. It's moisturizing on my lips and I have really bad chapped lips but I can see myself using this without any problems. The only downside is that it will require frequent touch ups.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lipstick has pulled me away from Chanel lipsticks which I find at first are lovely but then become quite drying. I wanted so much for the new Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle to be my perfect MLBB shade but it turns orangey on me.

I bought Dolce Vita because I had heard so much about it and I am so glad I did! It gives the neutral, polished, rosey MLBB look that I wanted from Mademoiselle. Not only is it a better colour on my super pale, cool toned complexion (I have naturally rosey lips) it is so moisturising I find it better than most lip balms I have tried.

A winner all round for me.

on 4/1/2012 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

One of my favorites for work or other events that require conservative makeup. I really don't like the way brown-based nudes look on me and this is the perfect alternative. It's a sheer rose color that is like your lips but better. The feel is smooth and creamy and doesn't dry your lips out. It lasts a few hours, about average.

on 4/1/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My favorite lipstick of all time. Perfectly matches the outline of my lips, which is much darker than the inside, making them look plump, perfect, and completely natural. Its sheer but pigmented and goes on moist, so that it just looks like you have a little gloss on your natural lips. On my lips its a rosy reddish pink. Because it looks so natural I can wear it with anything. Isn't the most lasting lippie I have, but it wears off evenly and the color is so great I happily reapply.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a rosy mlbb shade for me. Nars lipsticks never disappoint. I own belle de jour as well. Glides on smooth and has a nice sheen to it. This is a pretty color but I wouldn't repurchase only because it's pricey for a lipstick that looks like my lip color.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is my favorite everyday lip color. It is the perfect rosy shade with out being too pink or too brown. A perfectly balanced natural color. I really like the formula. It just looks nice and moist on my lips but it isn't glossy at all. It doesn't exasperate the dryness that my lips are prone to. I love that it is scent/ taste free! Love it!

on 2/29/2012 9:54:00 PM

One of the nicest shade i had seen. I'll keep buying this product as soon as i run out. The only thing with the product is it doesn't stay long you have to keep re-applying it. Overall i like the shade and the texture. One of the best lipstick shade i own.

on 2/28/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Dolce vita Oh how I love thee! I have worn you for many years and continue to be astonished at your ability to look natural yet gorgeous. I have tried many times to replace you, but alas, I always return. I find your staying power adequate and you never peel or slough. Perhaps you have to have the right coloring for you to flatter, but when you do there is no equal.

Popular Lipsticks