Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

on 5/22/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

luv it

on 5/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find it very strong on everybody but on some people it is just intoxicating. A masterpiece if it suits your skin.

Absolutely love it, always have in my closet

on 5/5/2014 10:21:00 AM

Perfect amounts of freshness, spice, smoke, and floral - mixed perfectly. People always say "you smell amazing", and I also find that though extremely popular, this scent smells different on everyone.

I keep a bottle of this on hand at all times - this is one of my all-time favorites. The only season I don't wear it is the heat of summer - I think it's great but it can be too much for other people.

Gorgeous bottle and packaging - love this. Highly recommended. Great stuff.

Love love love this perfume. My absolute signature scent. So feminine, classy and mysterious. Its different. It last long and very unique. It's a must buy fragrance for every woman out there. Floral, powdery, smoked - caramelly.. its like deep but soft ...yet strong, supple, sweet not overwhelming ..contradictory to itself that's why its so powerful and luring. Don't know what more can be said.

on 4/6/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've long been a fan of Chanel Coco, which is more of an evening type perfume. These two fragrances don't seem related at all, as this one is more of a light, airy daytime fragrance that is delicate enough to wear every day to the office. It's one of the most beautiful perfumes I've ever worn, and my husband loves it on me.

on 3/25/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Classy and lasts all day.

on 3/20/2014 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This fragrance was released when I was at uni, and 21 myself. I remember something about it being created as an approximation of what Coco herself would have worn at 21, if she were a modern women. She wouldn't have worn this, of course, as it's too tame and generic, but in the case of Coco Mademoiselle, that's not an insult.
I live in London and I smell this in 'the City' (the bankers, lawyers, business part of town) which always surprises me as it's (i) a little young, and (ii) not exactly a power scent. I suppose it's worn by anyone wanting to be a little coy.
And my ex's girlfriend wore it. You need to be aware that most people will have memories of this scent. My housemate wore it. Me, I've had three bottles over the years - one, bought by my parents, so it's special to me. Oh, and another ex boyfriend's sister wore it, though she now wears Infusion d'Iris. So, you need to be able to own this scent or you might bring someone else to mind.
It's very well-blended, and candied above any other note, though I get grapefruit, orange and vetiver almost as much as the sugary patchouli. I've worn it in the edp and edt; the latter is aquatic and a little more bitter.
I wear Chance more often than Mademoiselle, because I enjoy the weird masculinity of the former (and they are quite similar) and it's less worn, at least in London, I think. They're both exemplary offerings of the sweet patchouli genre and effervescent, joyful scents to wear.

on 3/18/2014 11:41:00 PM

This is extremely popular and smells exactly the same on everyone. The patchouli is headache inducing. Don't get the love for this one at all.

Popular Fragrances