Clinique Quickliner for eyes- smoky brown

4.3

the ingredients in the eyeliner include: cyclomethicone, synthetic beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, arachidyl behenate, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristalina), bht, [ /- (may contain) iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), aluminium powder (ci 77000), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)] [iln23130]

on 1/15/2007 1:50:00 AM

This has been a continual repurchase of mine for several years. This is a universal color & goes with anything. As the name suggests, it is not straight up chocolate brown but a greyish brown (my coloring is FFF warm toned, brown eyes). Staying power is excellent & intensified w/ a coordinating eye shadow drawn over it (this is standard for me, anytime I use pencil eyeliner, I seal it w/ a matching eye shadow). In this case, Bobbi Brown e/s in Smoke goes over this nicely. Quickliners are smooth, non-tugging, have pretty good staying power & are reasonably priced. Mine last 6-8 months. I might not use them everyday but they are regulary used in my makeup rotation.

on 1/5/2007 4:59:00 PM

I absolutely love this liner! It's the perfect shade. Brown doesn't look quite right on me, but since this one has a greyish cast, it looks perfect! (I have fair skin and blue eyes.) This is the makeup product that I go thru the quickest.

on 10/13/2006 7:53:00 PM

I am a FFF and this is my favorite eyeliner. It goes with any color shadow and lasts all day. This is my HG eyeliner, I have purchased it so many times I have lost track!

on 6/11/2006 5:36:00 AM

This is the best liner if you want smoky eyes. It's like a mix of an eyeshadow and an eyeliner. the colour is brown-grey and you can make it softer with the blending thing which are on the other side of the liner. I recomend this product.

Great consistency, nice natural color, and doesn't smudge off. The only problems I had with this eyeliner was that it has quite a blunt tip that you can't sharpen, which soemtimes gives a too-thick line. Also, the packaging is terrible, caps come off quite easily particularly on the side with the sponge tip, which makes it rather unhygeinic.

It looks like I have at last found the perfect eyeliner and I can tell you that I have tried many! The colour is just wonderful, a lovely greyish brown and I am pleased to see it stays put all day (well, it seems so anyway).
I have tried Revlon Colorstay and Mac Powerpoint and especially the latter is not as long-lasting as it claims to be. Clinique's Quickliner, however, comes up trumps: beautiful colour and truly long-lasting.

on 3/15/2006 10:16:00 AM

Love this color! Great pencil.

on 1/26/2006 6:39:00 PM

I used to wear Lancome waterproof eyeliner in Tabac. It was discontinued. Searched almost every makeup counter for a eyeliner that would last (no pencils) and be a nice grey/brown color. After about a two week search and many eyeliners tried on my hand, I found my HG.... Clinque quickliner in smoky brown is beautiful. The color is beautiful, it lasts all day, and I have been using the same one for five months now and there is still product left. I always get compliments when I wear it. Love it!!!!!

on 1/22/2006 3:53:00 PM

I am not a big day to day eyeliner wearer but when I purchased this color the other day, I am now addicted to wearing this as often as I can. The color is just great and looks great if you have blue eyes. It lasts a long time too! It's still in place 9-10 hrs after I have put it on! I find the smudge tip applicator doesn't smudge that well though. A definite plus is the no sharpening.
I am curious to wear this with a smokey eye in the evening to see how it looks. I pair this eyeliner with the Color Surge Duo in Double Scoop or just with an all over shimmer beige color and it really makes my eyes pop. The next best thing though budget wise to this color would be Marcelle's Waterproof Eyeliner in Taupe.

on 12/19/2005 5:08:00 AM

i absolutely love these eyeliners. i have very sensitive eyes & these are the only thing that doesn't irratate. well, i'm sure there's more out there, but i don't want to risk it :) this is the perfect everyday brown for me. also love the fact that it's a twist up. the pencil kind of eyeliner with wood usually irratate my eyes. also i'm lazy & dislike sharpening :) i had this liner before i got addicted to MU thanks to a GWP. i finished that one rather quickly and am on my second tube. the one i currently am using is almost done for & i do plan to repurchase it! this is one of my HGs. i will continue to repurchase this. ps: if you're looking for something more intense but not black i suggest the black/brown. it's also one of my favs for a more dramatic/nighttime look.