Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. Tocopheryl Acetate. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleyl Alcohol, TEA-Stearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cellulose, Hectorite, Glyceryl Stearate. Xanthan Gum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contian : Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titnaium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Mica, Chromium Oxide Greens, Bismuth Oxychloride, CArmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet.

on 12/30/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite black liquid liners. I have it in Icy black and love the texture and staying power. The felt-tip pen stays sharp and never fails. This is a nice black with some fine silver in it and find it very flattering on me. It's not so black that it's harsh because of the silver.

Stays put with my watery eyes and am able to go 19 hours with it. No smudging or flaking. Good stuff!!!

on 12/23/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It's so easy to make the perfect cat eye, winged look. The color is strong and I've managed to get much better at perfecting it with the tip it has. It's a bit pricey for me, but it's so worth it that I buy it again and again. This product was recommended to me by a friend who has the cat eye look on point at all times. The only times that it would slightly smudge would be when I rub my eyes since it's a habit for me and also when my eyes randomly tear up. But other than that this liquid liner is solid. It's my favorite. :)

on 12/20/2013 2:03:00 AM

I think this is a really nice eyeliner! Cheap, long lasting, easy to apply, dose not flake, easy to build or layer for a winged eye, satin finish, actually black black color.

on 11/15/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is so easy to apply for my clumsy/shaky hands. This definitely does stay.. From school, to soccer and it never smudges! I will keep buying these

on 11/14/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm a cat eye type of girl and this eyeliner is a must! It provides a really rich dark colour (you don't need to go over twice) and it dries really fast. I don't get any kind of smudges even after a good day at work/school. If you are reading these reviews wondering if you should go for it or not, GO FOR IT!!

The only cons I would have for this liner is that sometimes you can get a "bad batch" of eyeliner and it goes on really watery-like but just return to the store where you bought it and exchange it (it happened maybe 4-5 times in my 4 years of using it)

on 10/31/2013 11:44:00 PM

I have oily hidden lids (so there's a fold, but it is tucked inwards such that the potential for smudging and smearing is high). With these kind of eyes, you know I've tried A LOT of eyeliner. Pencil was quickly abandoned as those don't have a chance of surviving even through breakfast. I tried gel and it smudged on my upper lids, although it was alright for the bottom. Finally I tried every liquid liner ever suggested to me, from mac (flaky), LancĂ´me (pricy), urban decay (smudgy), Kat Von D (irritated my lids), maybelline (flaky), body shop (smudgy), wet n wild (could never find it when I wanted it), Almay (watery) etc.

From years of trying liquid liners, I've used this one for the past 3 years and it is definitely the best I have had. I've used the black one but lately prefer the brown-black. The brush is stiff and the handle is quite short, allowing for a fair bit of control. If you lay it to the side you get a thicker line, keep it to the tip for a thin line. Great for winged tips as well.

I use this on top of my primer (urban decay primer potion) and setting powder. Let it dry for about 10 sec by keeping your eyes down. Once it dries, it stays on. Around the 12 hour mark (long days!) you might notice a little bit of disappearing at the corner but it's not much. It holds up well under rain and heat as well.

Overall, this is a staple in my makeup bag. I do keep trying new ones just in case I find something better (something that can even stay on past 12 hours!!) but this has been on top over and over again, and I've never used a liquid liner better than this yet, even at 4 times the cost.

Note: the pen version is absolute rubbish. I don't know why that one is a total failure but the one time I tried that instead of re-purchasing this, I got streaky lines ending in smudges.

on 10/27/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Easy to apply. Lasts all day. Color is just right.

on 10/22/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am not judging this liner on my ability to create perfect lines. That's clearly my problem, if I can't. I am judging this liner, however, on it's streakiness. I am not sure if I just got a bad batch from Ulta or what, but I cannot seem to get this liner to create a solid line without just flooding my eyelids with it and having it drip into my lower lash line. It has done this to me since I bought it- not dried out. Odd.

Pros (otherwise):
Pretty steady handle
Nice staying power
No transfer

on 10/7/2013 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For the past 15 or so years I've been using eyeliner pencils but a few months ago I decided to try a liquid to create a darker line. My cousin uses this one so I thought it was a good place to start my quest for something I might like.

Initially, I found it difficult to use because the tip is like a Sharpie fine tip pen and I had difficulty drawing the line. For example, the I ended up making it thicker just to even out the line. Also, my outer wings didn't match, one would be curved up more than the other. I'll admit I was hating this liner for the first week. It takes practice to be able to get good control but I did manage to get better, but not to the point where I would repurchased again.

on 10/2/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. Been using it for years! This is my go to eyeliner. I have oily lids and use an eye primer prior to my eyeshadow/liner application. This eyeliner last all day. Regarding people with pigment issues, I have never had a problem. I shake the little bottle prior to applying. Again, lasts at least 8 hours plus. I sometimes dont take off my eye makeup at night and its still there 24 hours later.