November 23, 2014 | 1069 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Stephie27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to start off by saying that I love pretty much everything about this product! It has really made a huge difference to my skin and I cannot imagine using anything else!
A lot of people think that all toners do is dry up all the moisture in your skin but Witch Hazel actually leaves your skin feeling fresh and still having a hint of moisture in it. The first time I put it on, I knew that this product would be in my everyday skin routine as it's so soothing.
I love how it's clear so it won't be an issue if I accidentally spill it anywhere! It also takes off ALL the excess makeup that is left on my face after I've used my makeup wipes which is amazing. Overall this toner is the best I've tried and it's very cheap! It has been nothing but good to my skin! :)

xo Stephie

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by couchlyf

I honestly have no idea what astringent or toner even means; I just play by the rules and use toners blindly. I never thought that they cleaned my skin, or controlled my wild pores. However when I picked up this product off the trust-worthy shelves of Walmart, I was completely blown away! First of all, it is well known that witch hazel smells horrid, rotten seaweed horrid. Even with this knowledge, I was unprepared for the stink of witch hazel. Secondly, and on the most positive note, my skin became a cherub's bottom! I haven't had it for long, it's only been a week, but my face is so much softer, my moisturizer stays moistrizin', and by the careful eyes of an insecure female, my pores might just be shrinking!
Yes, I'll be purchasing this stink bomb again after I'm finished the bottle (though that might be a long, long time)
But what can I say; beauty is pain, my friends.
Stay beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Sms815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this stuff! I dont actually use the dickinson's brand but the stuff they sell at dollar tree. The ingredients are the same, i prefer the packaging on the dollar tree stuff...& its only a dollar :) I use this stuff at night on a cotton round to remove my makeup(im lazy & this is better than doing nothing) it works great ...like a prepackeged wipe but cheaper. I also use it in the morning as a toner...it seems to help reduce and soothe any blemishes and redness as well as removing excess oil. The brand i use(swan.) has no odor to speak of and has a nice flip up top that squirts the product out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I was going to wait a while before reviewing this, as I am recovering from a major breakout. I was compelled to write one because in the four days I have been using this I haven't had any new breakouts and I see my acne drying up. I've scaled back on my routine because I used to bomb my face with salicylic acid. After reading a ton of advice tutorials on YouTube I decided to calm everything down. I wash with Cetaphil, tone with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and moisturize once a day with the Cetaphil lotion. I this routine is definitely working! I know a lot of people have a problem with the scent but I have no problems with it. It is also great to use on mosquito bites! This is definitely a HG type of product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a toner for my oily/combo skin and it seems to work well. It doesn't dry me out at all and it leaves my skin feeling fresh. I'm not sure how much is does for my acne, I have very acne prone skin, so in my mind it works pretty well. I get a few pimples here and there but I mostly have blackheads. It keeps my oil under control and my skin feeling tight.
A lot of people complain about the smell, and I don't really love it either. It smells pretty bad. I just hold my breath, it goes away as soon as it dries. The price of this is really good, cheaper than most toners on the market. I will repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Dorisvz91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never in my life written a review but I had to write one for this product. I had been going to the dermatologist for 4 years. The topical creams he prescribed worked very well but it was just too expensive and the creams made my face extremely dry. I quit going and my skin was going crazy until I tried witch hazel. I read the great reviews and decided that I didn't want to live with bad skin and it wouldn't hurt to try! I use it am and pm after using a cleanser with my Clarisonic. My skin has cleared up 95% in just 1 month. I didn't think I'd see the day where I could stop paying so much $ to have clear beautiful skin. The product is inexpensive and effective. Some complain about the smell but I don't find it at all unpleasant. It is a must try! I thought I'd never find an OTC product that worked for me but witch hazel saved my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by itsrachelllxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! Initially, I didn't think I needed an astringent or toner. But after looking up reviews on this product, I figured it was cheap so I'd try it. I am so glad I did! It is a miracle worker for acne-prone skin! It cleans off all the excess dirt and gunk left behind on my face after washing and leaves my skin feeling smooth. The only downside is the gross smell, which makes me feel like I'm smearing citrus vodka onto my face, but hey, it definitely does the trick! I don't normally write a lot of reviews but this was definitely worth the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by blissful86

Witch Hazel has been the best toner for my sensitive and acne prone skin.
Some people would oppose to the idea of Witch Hazel having some alcohol content and it has been increasingly advised everywhere that ALCOHOL is not good for the skin- I however would like to advise otherwise in regards to Witch Hazel only... as I do not slather a lot of this on my skin.

A little dab of this toner does the job, in fact if we apply make up, and so many more random stuff on our skin, we need to deeply cleanse and tone our skin of all its debris and bacteria and this is effectively done by rubbing off (toning) the skin with Witch Hazel due to its alcohol content.

There are some videos on YouTube that demonstrate the rubbing off skin method with a little bit of alcohol at least once a week to deeply cleanse our skin, because our skin has the FIRST contact with the environment, it carries a lot of dirt and debris from the air, pollution and cosmetics/skincare products we use.

I only tone twice a day, morning and night. Sometimes I skip the morning one if I did not apply any makeup the day before.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get results....I kept breaking out! I switched to apple cider vinegar, and I'm much happier with that, so I'm going to stick to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and this is great and so gentle on my skin...it does have a bit of refreshed to almost tingling sensation but it is doing its job. I don't really like the smell...but it is something j deal with because of its benefits of controlling oil on the tzone and I've seen much improvement in my husband t(oily skin).... Another thing is the price!!! I've seen toners that are maybe like 10x the price! Super inexpensive and very effective!