July 28, 2014 | 784 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I've heard about witch hazel's acne-fighting benefits, so I picked up a bottle for $4 at Walmart. I've been using it for about a month or so, and I don't see a difference in my acne yet, but my oiliness hasn't been so bad lately. I wouldn't say it's because of this product alone, but it definitely helps. I switch off between witch hazel and my SkinFood Tomato Whitening toner, and they both help with oily skin. The only thing I don't like about witch hazel is the smell. It's a strange smell that isn't exactly pleasant to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by GlamorousScholar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been working in the beauty industry for quite some time now and always find myself using witch hazel instead of the more expensive brands that promise miracles. By far this is the best solution out there for acne-prone skin and women who are simply attempting to get a beautiful glow. It's inexpensive, works great and will beat any toner out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

There's really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. This is the best toner I have ever used and my skin has never looked better. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 stars across the board! I really love Witch Hazel. I have oily skin and moderate acne (black heads and a few cystic bumps). I actually got the off brand Witch Hazel oppose to Dickinson's because even though the bottle says 100% Natural, the ingredients on the back only list as 86% Witch Hazel. The off brand was the same way with the other surprise ingredient being alcohol.

I actually use this as a make up remover before I cleanse since make up wipes are way expensive, and then after I cleanse as a toner. I have seen a gradual improvement in tone and softness of my skin since using. This stuff is dirt cheap and works. Use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by gemma505

This is definitely an HG product for me! I use it for everything!! It is super inexpensive which is great because I go thru it so fast! The main reason I got it of course is for my face! Best toner ever! Best part is it's natural. (Every toner you get has witch hazel in it anyway, just mixed with a bunch of crap!) Witch hazel has amazing effects on the skin. Dries up pimples, brightens my skin tone, tightens pores, removes oil, and I swear it even helps with black heads on my nose. It is drying so be sure to moisturize after! My second favorite use for this is to apply to my bikini area after shaving. It helps to reduce razor burn!! Works amazing for this use! Helps to also moisturize so that it doesn't get irritated from the shaving! Buy this stuff!! I have been using it for a couple years! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dickinson's witch hazel is a staple in my skin-care routine. I always use witch hazel after cleansing my skin. Witch hazel helps remove tiny bits of makeup from around my hairline or from behind my ears after I've washed my face just at the sink. Any time I wash my face, though, witch hazel gives me the feeling that I'm really coming clean. It's light, doesn't dry, smells slightly medicinal, yet herbal, and most importantly, I feel that it removes any slight residue that may remain from my cleanser. I love to use witch hazel, as well, after I've plucked my eyebrows when I'm planning to wait a while before I bathe again. Sometimes I'll use witch hazel before I pluck my eyebrows to remove excess oil. For any minor abrasions that may occur on the skin, witch hazel really soothes and cleanses them. I also feel that witch hazel is a powerful antioxidant (perhaps I read that somewhere), so I really love to soak my face with it after a wash to really purify my skin. At least I feel that the witch hazel helps to purify my skin along with my cleansing routine which precedes my use of witch hazel.

*Please see my review of Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

I wear this everyday before applying my makeup. It tightens my pores, cleans my face, and keeps me from getting oily. Works better when the weather is warmer, but still good during the winter time. It's a little drying but if you're oily like me, then that's not a bad thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bye Bye Proactiv...HELLO Dickinson's! Never will I ever use ANYTHING called "Witch Hazel!!" is what I personally vowed to myself during my teenage years. Really? Put something on my face called "WITCH HAZEL??" But, I renege (throwing both hands up). I really have never had "problem" skin which is more than fortunate. I have had a few bouts of WTF skin issues that blindsided me in recent years to the point where I spent tons of money on product after product trying to just stablize my skin and keep it relatively blemish free and this product has absolutely done it for me. I added DICKINSON'S to my skin care routine about two months ago and I have noticed a marked difference in the clarity of my skin; specifically, my pores. It seems that since I added witch hazel to my routine my pores have decreased in size making my face look a lot smoother and more even. I want to be as clear as possible with the point I am making here: Witch Hazel alone did not perform any miracles, but incorporated into a consistant regimen and drinking plenty of water you will definitely see results in a fair amount of time. I picked it up from my local Rite Aid and it was about $6. This is definitely a product worth having because it is easy to find, inexpensive, and simple to use. It would be great if it were to come in a well-pump bottle, but that's not a dealbreaker because you can find those anywhere and just pour it from its original bottle into the well-pump anytime. Not to mention the generous quantity you get for the money.

~A. Starr

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I have a love/hate thing going on with using toners, so much so that I've forgotten I own a bottle of this.
I've decided to try using it again and mixed a capsule of Clindamycin(sp?) to help treat and prevent zits. I used it everyday for 2 1/2 weeks and although it worked a treat in the beginning, by the end of it I've noticed that my skin looked "distressed" & turns pink easily. I've noticed a few small bumps along my cheeks and forehead too. Because of that, I've stopped using it for a while and "cured" my complexion by applying Physiogel lotion to my face nightly. I'm only using this on my face once a week and whenever I wear heavy makeup, and that seems to be working better. However, it is perfectly effective in fighting breakouts in the chest and back areas. Just decant some in to a small spray bottle and spray to those hard-to-reach areas to your heart's content. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as my all around toner in the A.M. after I get out of the shower, put my styling products in my hair and then use this on a cotton round to get any hair styling products off my skin.

My hair flops around a bit until I get everything under control and a couple swipes of this on your face takes care of it unless you want to layer styling products, facial lotion and makeup Anyways works for me!