Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Hands down the second best (next to Aloxxi) hair reconstructor on the market.
If you don't have damaged hair, it's not going to do anything for you because that's like putting glue on something that's not broken.
When I use this, I put it in after shampooing and lightly conditioning, while my hair is still wet. I let it sit on my hair until it hardens to ensure the maximum amount is product is absorb, about an hour or two (!) but this way I've noticed I can go longer inbetween treatments. My guess is that more product is able to absorb.
Yes, it will seem to be drying. That's because this is a hair reconstructor, not a deep conditioning mask. A good reconstructor you cannot have both. It's a good idea to deeply moisturize after using, however.

on 12/18/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This past year I went from auburn red to bleach blonde and the back again. Needless to say, My hair was very damaged, breaking off and mushy in places from the bleaching. I've worked very hard to try to get my hair back into optimal condition without having to cut it all off. My hair is very fine and very, very, dry on the ends. I recently switched to sulfate free products which have helped. I also use Coconut oil three times a week for moisture before shampoo. Needless to say, my hair is better but still not great. Lots of split ends and frizz to deal with and the back of my head tangles so easily, that it takes me 15 minutes to untangle after washing. So here comes Emergencee to my rescue. I am extremely picky and critical of hair products. Most of them do not do what they claim to do. this one product changed my hair in one application. My hair is soft, smooth, no frizzies, my ends look so much healthier and it's very shiny!!

I am using all Nexxus products now. With this product you shampoo first, then apply and wait about 2-3 minutes. I left it on for about 10 minutes while I was doing some laundry. I am using Nexxus Therappe shampoo (Moisturizing) and Nexxus Hummectrus Conditioner. I typically have to use a leave-in conditioner and use either Argan oil or macadamia oil on top of conditioner jsut to get my hair to smooth out. I decided to let it air dry after using emergencee. Nothing else. My hair was silky, bouncy? with super fine hair...what? That has never ahppened. My hair is flat and lifeless without help. Believe me!

I plan on doing another treatment of this in two weeks as indicated on the bottle, that is optimum to keeping ahir stonger. Hopefully by using my new Nexxus products and using natural hair dyes, I can get my hair to grow long and strong again. No more bleaching for me!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

amazing, amazing, amazing.

on 10/10/2010 2:43:00 AM

I am SO ecstatic right now, really.

I used this on my hair earlier this evening and after the first time I used it, I noticed a major difference! My hair has been very damaged for about a week, since I colored it using FERIA, which is a terrible choice, don't do it. If you have to get a store bought color, then go with Natural Instincts; it has never damaged my hair like this!

My hair was brittle as hell, and breaking off if I were to run my hands through my hair. I was scared to brush or to even touch my hair, and I wouldn't let my boyfriend touch it either. I was literally looking in the mirror and crying because of the damage (I am not an attractive woman, and this just made my appearance SO much worse). I also have highly chlorinated water, and I used to blow dry and straighten my hair every single day whilst using Sun- In (destroyed my hair. STUPID thing to do. It actually made my hair a pretty color, but this is where my journey to Emergencee began). I had to cut off about five inches of damaged hair last week, and to my horror, the breakage continued all the way up to an inch away from my roots:(

Anyway, I used this product per the instructions, only leaving it in for a few minutes, but I have results even after that. I have noticed significantly less breakage, and I can run my fingers through my hair without any of it coming with them. I still have breakage in some areas, but overall, my hair is much stronger. I read all the reviews here, and I will use it again next week and leave it in longer and apply heat to it as well, and hopefully that will make an even bigger difference.

I am so grateful for this product. I thought that my hair was beyond assistance, and that I would just have to have gross hair until it grew back in healthy. My hair IS a bit frizzy after this treatment, but I expect that to go away after my next shampoo; it is getting better every hour. I love this stuff and am so happy I found it. It is absolutely worth the $15. It's worth hundreds of dollars, to be honest. If your hair is brittle and falling off, please try this. I am so pleased.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

What can I say about this product that hasn't been said? I've used this product since I was 10, when my hair was first relaxed and I've had nothing but great hair. I really like to use this only on emergencies, like when a special event is coming up, or when I want to extend the time before my next relaxer.But I love it most when every few weeks I have to use it because my hair becomes very hard as the result of sweating when working out. Now, I know a lot of people and experts out there don't recommend people with my type of hair to wash it more than once a week, but I really have no choice. I have to workout everyday for about 1hr 30 mins to lose some serious weight that's threatening my health. Add that I have no choice but to spend one 1hr30mins under a dryer every time I do it, and it's torture. My hair suffers a lot because of this, and this treatment revives it.

I've used many treatments and none give the amazing results that this treatment give me. The only thing that event comes close to it is Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil Replenishing Pack. Which is used when I don't use this. The only way I use it is the way I've always have: Shampoo really well, squeeze some water out, then apply this from root to tip ( I get about 2-4 uses on this), cover up in plastic cap, leave on for a few minutes under a dryer or an hour without, condition and apply a leave in conditioner.Then do as you wish. Ta-da! Instantly bodacious hair, and don't we all deserve that. As far as you can tell, I love this.

P.S.: I don't know about other hair types, but if your hair is damaged, lackluster, painfully dry, brittle, lifeless, hard to manage,give this a try. Especially if you have relaxed hair. There has been so many times I've dammed my hair and at one point cried for so long because my life is very busy and my hair takes a bit to manage. My hair takes on average 3hrs to get it to look like it does: 1hr cleaning-treatment-condition, 1hr rollers(I have A LOT of hair) and 1hr30 drying. But this makes it so worth it: Oh, the compliments! Overall, I encourage anyone and everyone to try this, if it works on you, I doubt you'll refrain from it. But if you're one of the few it doesn't work on, don't give up hope and keep searching. You'll find one! (^_^)

on 7/10/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I use it when my hair is breaking and it seems like I am losing more than normal. It works really well. There are a lot of steps though. You have to wash your hair like normal. Then put this product in for a few minutes. Then wash it again and condition. It seemed kind of expensive to me ($14) when I first bought because it is a small bottle and I have long hair. It has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would because you don't have to use very much. My hair stopped breaking of as much after I used it. It really makes a difference and is worth the price.

on 6/25/2010 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am in the six-week process of going from dyed black to platinum blonde. After my 2nd bleaching three weeks ago my hair was left in terrible condition. When wet it felt mushy and sticky and each individual hair felt like a weak little rubber band ready to snap. Worried that my hair would definitely fall out at my 3rd bleaching next week I scoured the reviews here for a miracle and bought this after reading all of the wonderful reviews. I bought this at Walgreens for about $15 and followed the directions on the box. I used Redken Extreme shampoo both before and after, left it in the recommended time on the box, and followed with Humectress deep conditioner (the kind in the jar) for an hour. My hair still felt a little mushy afterward, but dried very nicely and looked incredibly healthy. This morning (three days later) I shampooed my hair again and upon towel drying I literally shouted "OH MY GOD!" My hair felt normal - not mushy at all, but like the healthy, unbleached hair I started with. I am no longer dreading my next lightening session. My hair feels much stronger and is no longer breaking off. When brushing it, not a single hair falls in the sink. This stuff is fantastic.

on 5/9/2010 3:03:00 PM

this produce is amazing... seriously i have asian extra fine hair.. I had super silky smooth hair.. untill I hot ironed it, dyed it, then permed it... i fried my hair.. it felt like hay at the ends.. and using this product.. you can tell the difference after the second treatment!! Not sure how others use it, but this is how i use it. i press it through damp hair after a shower, its not detangler so u can't comb it though, then i put on a shower cap, sleep over night.. then get up in the morning and wash it off with nexxus humcress shampoo, and I'll use any type of deep conditioner and then put a shower camp on watch a movie then rinse it out!! and whala!!! silky smooth hair...shinny !! and if you have permed hair or your curling ur hair i'l some times use it as like a hair gel!! and scrunch it in my hair!! its good for ur hair and wont dry out your hair like most hair moose, hair sprays and gels, etc etc its got great hold!!

on 4/22/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am actually reviewing the Nexxus Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor. This is the professional version of Emergencee. This is great stuff - I just used this for the first time today and my hair actually feels normal for the first time in months! I ordered it at Amazon and got it on sale for under $30.00 for a big bottle. It is easy to use and you can use it with or without heat. I used heat for a few minutes to warm up the conditioning cap and then left it on for about 20 min. It says you only have to leave on for 10 min., but I left it on longer b/c I was not using heat the whole time. You have to wash your hair afterwards and use a moisturizing conditioner like with most protein type treatments. Some people swear by this stuff and it really did seem to work.
EDIT: I think that I actually like the Nexxus Emergencee (not professional strength) better! My hair is so incredibly damaged right now I can't even deal. I used this the other night and can not believe how normal my hair feels and looks. The process is faster than the professional one and there is only one different ingredient between the two. The emergencee has one more ingredient - glycerin. I don't think that is important, but it does work better on my hair.

on 3/31/2010 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, my hair is an utter mess. I have been trying to make hair appointments farther apart in effort to save money and this go around I waited to long. Split ends galore and just breakage every which way. I remembered using Emergencee before but my Wal-Mart stopped carrying it, so I never replaced my bottle. I loved it from before but simply forgot about it. Well, I called to make my hair appointment. my lady can't get me in for another 3 weeks, yikes! I finally found a bottle of Emergencee at Wal-Greens, it was about $15.00. Now I know a bottle of this is not going to magically give me gorgeous hair, only a trim/cut is going to do that. however, this has restored my hair to a livable condition. It feels strong and so soft and silky. I will never be without this product again. Update: on my third bottle of this. definitely need to keep a bottle on hand at all times.

Top Rated Nexxus Products