December 20, 2014 | 1667 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as free gift from the Ulta Rewards program. Iím glad that I got this for free since it did nothing for my hair. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by xac83

i still use this sometimes it was my miricale worker for my black to blonde hair over the years but the shakeing up the product leaving it in rinsing it out ..... wasteign so much time then putting in the moisturizing hydrator treatment wait another 7 10 15 or 20 min .... its alot of work maintaining healthy hair, esspecially when you bleach. this does work miricales tho :) IF USED CORRECTLY SHAKE UP THE PRODUCT because it separates in the bottle. the Joico Kpak Revitaluxe has replaced this for me tho ... revitaluxe is bassically the kpak reconstructor combined with the intense hydrator to make a one stop shop treatment in one tube (: much easier/timing saving thansk joico!! you continue to save my hairs life everyday

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After months and months of not really taking care of my hair, this stuff used along with the Intense Hydrator returned my hair to almost as good as new (considering I have color treated hair, that's pretty freaking awesome) - soft, silky, and fine. After I've shampoo my hair, I get out of the shower, press my hair with a towel until it's just damp, not soaked, then put this stuff in. Get back in the shower, shave my legs or do something else that takes five minutes, then rinse out. Then I repeat the same process, except I put in the Intense Hydrator, put a mask on my face, then hang out in my room like that for the next hour while I read or something bahahaha. Then rinse out again in the shower, and I put in a nice moisturizing conditioner. It's a bit of a process, but so so worth it, and I really don't care since I love treating myself to this. Plus I only need to do it once a month, and use the Hydrator about every two weeks. Will definitely repurchase, it's something I will always keep around for general upkeep of my ever changing hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

From coloring my hair for many years, the result of my hair is very processed and dry. On top of being overally processed, I have extremely thick hair that is coarse and long. K Pak deep penetrating reconstructor is a heavy weight thick cream conditioning treatment. I love the scent of this product. It's slightly herbal & fruity but not overpowering. For years, I have struggled to find a product that tames my dry frizzy mop. Some products offer decent results but not the best and I would have to add some type of silk serum, soothing creme ect to better tame the frizz. I have always heard that Joico K Pak was a good line and decided to splurge on this ($20). I am impressed. I have no styling cremes, serums ect in my hair and my air dried wavy hair is about about 90% frizz free just by using this product. My hair is soft and shiny as well. Also, my naturally loose waves turned out more defined and manageable. My hair is very unruly so can say that I do appreciate the results I got from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not many items actually live up to their claim to work miracles. NOT the case with this little gem. I love my "vegetarian miracle" by Davines but it is so expensive and since I was running out, I picked up the Joico Re-constructor. This stuff is pretty infamous so I couldn't pass up the chance to try it out. I got an extra large tube from a place on Granville Street in Vancouver for only $21. The package said "100% more FREE" and man was I impressed at that score. This is very inexpensive for a salon brand. Joico is always the most reasonably priced thing in the salon.

Headed home and tried it out after I had an obnoxious round of highlights slapped onto my head. Worked wonderfully.
UPDATE* It has been a solid month of using this product once or twice a week and I must say that I am beyond impressed. To be as concise as possible about its effects:

Stopped huge amounts of shedding.
Enhanced shine
Gave texture and manageability.
Stopped hair from becoming greasy the next day.
Tamed frizz.
Mends split ends (albeit temporarily)
Maintained my colour
Best of all: Encouraged growth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, this is a protein reconstructor meant for damaged or naturally weak hair (bleaching, perm, dying, too much heath etc.), not something that gives your hair moisture. It works by building up the hair strands and strengthening them, so If you have normal and strong hair that doesn't feel weak or like gum in wet state, then you really don't need this. If you just want something that gives moisture, which most people with long hair need, then buy something from moisture recovery from the same brand, or from redken or kerastase, those are good too.

Packaging:

The packaging is very standard, soft plastic. It's not great, but not terrible either. The only complaint I have is that it tend to collect water in the cap when it's in the shower, so if you don't use it up during a short amount of time (which is impossible?), then store it somewhere the water can't reach it.

Smell, texture:
It smells like cheap banana bubble gum, and the texture is weird: grainy and a bit clumpy, like thin oatmeal. Many first time buyers think it's out of date or mis-produced because of this, but that's just how the product is.

Performance:
I permed my hair twice during a short amount of time, and this saved my long locks of hair from a certain death at the hairdresser. I went from having to cut my lengths off, to only trimming it, and that was just by using it three times in a row. I can understand why this is named the best hair reconstructer of all time, because this works!

Complaints about dry hair:
Like I said, this is a protein cure meant to strengthen the hair and nothing more, so people who use this a lot during a short timespan often get frizzy and tangled hair. Buy yourself a moisturizing deep treatment along with this, and you can save yourself the "wtf?" moment after usage :P

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best hair treatment that I have ever used (and I have tried dozens and dozens of different products!) I have very thick and dry hair that I have found impossible to get moisturized before finding this product. I understand this is a protein treatment that is advised to be used only once or twice a week, but my hair is so dry that I actually use it every time I wash my hair (which is every other day.) I have not experienced any dryness due to 'overuse.' I am just left with soft, shiny, and manageable hair. Something that no other hair treatment has ever been able to give me. I use this in conjunction with the entire K-Pak line (I use the shampoo, the conditioner, and then leave this in my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing it out.) This is a miracle product for me. I will continue to repurchase even though it is more expensive than what I am used to spending on hair care products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by HelloBritti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This saved my hair. A couple of years ago I made the not so bright decision of bleaching my hair blonde after I had been dying my hair box black for years. Needless to say, tons of money spent for color correction and the end result was extremely damaged hair in a not so desirable shade. My hair was breaking off left and right. K-pak deep penetrating re-constructor saved my hair. My stylist who did my color correction had me doing k-pack treatments at her salon. I eventually found it in a local store and started using it, along with the other Joico K-pack products. My hair became stronger, silkier and healthier. No longer did my hair feel like hay or was it breaking off when I brushed it. I owe my hair to Joico.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm really glad I came across this! At first I was contemplating whether to purchase the reconstructor or the hydrator. I wasn't aware they are usually used together. I wanted to buy one and then if I liked it buy the other for that extra effect.

It has actually really helped my hair. My hair is pretty damaged due to dyeing, hair straighteners, blow dryers, chemical straightening, etc. The ends felt like straw which really bothered me. I bit the bullet and bought this after much thought. After only two uses the ends of my hair no longer felt like straw! I have very thick coarse long hair. I like how well this penetrated the ends and brought it back to life. One thing I dislike it the scent and texture. It smells and feels like banana nut pudding. I use it in the shower (I don't dry my hair and leave it in and then wash it again).

I should also add that I have been using Moroccan Oil in conjunction with this, so some of the effects may be due to that treatment as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

there is lot of enough good review. so I will skip my review.
but I would like to add about how often this should use .

I had ask to hair stylist & people ( hair care board)
but all answer was diffrent. some says once 2 weeks,
some says once a week.
ofcorse depends on each hair condition.

my hair is dameged ( heat/hot roller/ hair dye)
lot of brakege & shedding.
so I sent E-mail to Joico to ask how often is safe to use.

also I was told at hair care board that I should use it before hair color
but NOT after.

this is answer from Joico.

Q *HOW OFTEN & HOW LONG

A * Step 1 K-PAK SHAMPOO
Gently cleanses as it reconstructs to restore hair's elasticity, strength and shine. May be used daily.

Step 2 K-PAK CONDITIONER
Delivers the precise amount of daily conditioning needed to reconstruct the hair internally and at the cuticle level. May be used daily.

Step 3 K-PAK DEEP-PENETRATING RECONSTRUCTOR
Offers the maximum in hair reconstruction and protection, restoring weak and damaged hair to its original strength and condition.
Product Usage: 2-3 times per week. Apply to freshly shampooed hair for 5 minutes (no heat)

Step 4 K-PAK INTENSE HYDRATOR
Restores moisture to overly dry, damaged hair, leaving it softer, shinier and more hydrated and manageable.
ProductUsage: 2-3 times per week. Apply to freshly shampooed hair for 5 minutes (no heat)
*Intense Hydrating Treatment may be used by itself or after K-PAK Reconstructor

Q * AFTER OR BEFORE HAIR COLOR?

A. It is perfectly safe to color your hair before or after using the treatment.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No